stupid detour that was!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

~reneew

stupid detour that was!

Post by ~reneew » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:23 pm

I'm back!!!! After chatting with my awesome friend ~emilyr on facebook while snacking on several cookies, I had to admit that I wasn't doing very well on the no snacking subject. So, after following my own plan on a sparkpeople sparkteam (one dish) for almost 3 weeks, I'm back with more cold hard determination than ever because I know that when my mind wanders and I start thinking that there is another faster majic plan out there that will save the world (or at least me)... I end up failing. I gained a bit, but will keep it at "26 lost" until I get back there. I started having flashbacks to last Christmas season when I stopped coming on the No S bulletin boards because I thought I had a handle on it. I ultimately stayed away for the better part of 4 months and gianed all 20 that I had lost back. So, at least this time I realized my naieve stupidity and came running back before more damage was done!!! So, for all of you that think there is a better diet out there... do yourself a favor and stick to No S. It truly is the most common sense, easy, normal way to eat!!!! And the support is incredible! I love you guys!!!

I welcome any and all 'Duh Renee' comments that you may have... including "I told ya so!" Others may learn from it.

And... by the way, I'm planning another "daily support" thread idea with a new twist. Stay tuned, and I welcome any ideas of course!

And this time, I'm not not not telling my family yet, who either tends to be my diet police or my humorous temptors.

By the way...I missed you guys!!!! :?
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:42 pm

Well, Duh ! ;-)

It's always good when you have a plan and you stick to it of course. This way it's impossible not to succeed ... if you are not quitting how can it go wrong ? If you have issues you may see too far ahead in advance, if you set smaller goals not too far away it might help you out. Instead of thinking about losing 50 pounds in a year for example, just say ... I'll lose 4 pounds this month ... or 1 pound this week even ... then when you achieve this you go to the next goal. From one to the next until you can't believe it months later. When you look really far away it looks like a huge mountain but the smaller goals seem much easier in comparison. It's better than to REBOOT many times in a row, at least I think that would be depressing, I'd rather do it all in one go, full on. ;-)

Are you still worrying about eating carrots as a snack, then getting ravenous and eating a bunch of cookies later on instead when your blood sugar is so low you would have just about anything with sugar ? lol ! 2 plain carrots and a tall glass of water now is way better than a pile of cookies and a COKE later .. trust me. ;-) Snacking on something that has almost no calories shouldn't be a big deal, carrots, lettuce, cucumbers, plain air popped popcorn, etc. It prevents you from binge eating on bad food later on, well, that's my own personal opinion, heh.
It should really be mentioned somewhere ... so people are not worried about eating a plain carrot, hehe. The carrots did make me verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry fat, oh yeah. :-)

Just avoid really high calorie foods, cookies and whatnot ...be good following your plan - - only cutting 300 calories from what you should have each day to maintain ... not starving at all - - and try to exercise at least 15 minutes 6 times a week, intense, right ?? Through the roof, but at least it doesn't last for too long ! ... there's no way this plan is failing. 1 pound a week easy that way, if not more if you work out hard in particular... ;-)

There are ups and downs of course - - sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's hard ... It's good when you can forget about a mistake and work hard the very next day.... losing the extra weight you just put on quickly and then moving on.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:04 pm

Welcome back!
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:46 pm

Detours are learning experiences. I let my kids make all sorts of detours so long as they aren't dangerous. Experience leads to making better choices in the future. Don't beat yourself up too much. This could really solidify your commitment to the No S approach, and that's good.
Kathleen

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:32 pm

Ah well, live and learn (been there, done that, over and over!). Glad you're back; I enjoy your posts. :D
"Self-denial's a great sweetener of pleasure."
(Patrick McGoohan's "The Prisoner")

kccc

Post by kccc » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:08 am

I'm glad to see you back. :) Welcome.

(No "doh" remarks here. We all have to try things and learn what works for each of us.)

TunaFishKid

Post by TunaFishKid » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:51 am

bluebunny27 wrote:2 plain carrots and a tall glass of water now is way better than a pile of cookies and a COKE later .. trust me. ;-) Snacking on something that has almost no calories shouldn't be a big deal, carrots, lettuce, cucumbers, plain air popped popcorn, etc. It prevents you from binge eating on bad food later on, well, that's my own personal opinion, heh.
It should really be mentioned somewhere ... so people are not worried about eating a plain carrot, hehe. The carrots did make me verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry fat, oh yeah. :-)

Just avoid really high calorie foods, cookies and whatnot ...be good following your plan - - only cutting 300 calories from what you should have each day to maintain ... not starving at all - - and try to exercise at least 15 minutes 6 times a week, intense, right ??
Marc, this is just not "No S". I came back here today because I did the same thing as Renee...I went back to a diet and GAINED weight. Diets are so not the answer! Eating raw carrots, cucumbers, plain air-popped popcorn and water and avoiding "high calorie foods" sounds like a traditional diet. There's no reason to avoid cookies - just wait for an S day.

Sorry, Renee. I got off track. Anyway...I, like you, did the stupid thing and thought there was a magic bullet. There isn't. I lost slowly and surely on No S and that's the only way. I'm back and I'm glad you are too.

(Edited for rudeness. :oops: )
Last edited by TunaFishKid on Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~ Laura ~

Dandelion

Post by Dandelion » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:47 am

Glad to see you back!

guadopt1997

Post by guadopt1997 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:38 pm

Welcome back, Renée. At least you were away following a different diet rather than totally blowing it here, like I have been for the last six days. :oops:

In any case, I feel like I'm "back" too.

Good luck to both of us! :wink:
Liz
Weight goal: less than I weigh now
Basic goal: doing no-S for life

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:12 pm

Good to have you back Renee! I missed you!

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

noni

Post by noni » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:21 pm

Renee,

You have learned from your experience and so did we!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:32 pm

Welcome back Rene!
Forward march girl :)
Love,
8) Debs x
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:40 pm

Thanks you guys! I feel the support 8) and I'm not talking bras
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:43 pm

See Renee, I knew they would welcome you back ~ you are great inspiration on a daily basis! I'm glad your back, you made the right choice, I just know it! :D :D :D :D I see your back on track too ~ NICE!