Wannabe club

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

~reneew

Wannabe club

Post by ~reneew » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:33 pm

That is... November's 21 (day)club wannabe (again) club.

Get it? :idea: This is for those serious and really enthusiastic people that want to do at least 21 days straight to get into the 21 (day) club... whether it's the first time for you or you're a repeater. We will keep close tabs on, and encourage eachother. If you make it, you can post on the 21 (day) club thread as a member or a repeat member.

- *Remember* to only post once on the first page so that we can all get in at the top. This makes it easier to keep tabs on eachother.
- Please re-read that last one, some people don't get it.
- edit your first post all month so we can all keep tabs on eachother.
- after November 10th we will continue posting at the bottom for encouragement and fun.
- note: if you don't make it, we'll know by the stop in counting. :wink:

*** notice I'm starting this just in the nick of time to get your 21 days in if you're starting now. If you have already got a green streak going, great for you... we'll be catching up to you!

Lets go wannbes!!!!!!!!!!! :!: :!:
Last edited by ~reneew on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:34 pm

I'm a wannabe! I wanna be a repeater to the 21 day club and I'm starting now, this second! (good thing it's Saturday!)

November:...ready...set...go!

7th - day 1
8th - day 2 and fairly in control! Wow!
9th - day 3
10th- day 4 I feel that I'm on track
11th- day 5 but big plate at lunch, when it's usually small
12th- day 6
13th- day 7
14th- day 8
15th- day 9
16th- day 10 and an excellent day it was!
17th- day 11
18th- day 12
19th- day 13
20th- day 14
21st- day 15
22nd-day 16 though I really took unfair advantage of my S day :cry:
23rd- day 17 but big plates :roll:
24th- day 18I definitely don't feel that it's a habit yet!
25th- day 19 Today my Thanksgiving starts... I hope it really helps knowing that I'm on day 19!!! I will report back after the day.
26th- day 20 blah- Thanksgiving
27th- day 21

Well, I made it to day 21!!!! I don't feel very successful though because I ate way too much yesterday for Thanksgiving. I'm starting counting again to keep going.

Should I start another wannabe club for December?
Last edited by ~reneew on Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:14 pm, edited 28 times in total.
Please pray for me

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:34 pm

Bye the way, I really missed you guys and your support!

What a coincidence...we missed you, too!
"Self-denial's a great sweetener of pleasure."
(Patrick McGoohan's "The Prisoner")

guadopt1997

Post by guadopt1997 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:44 pm

I need to go for the 21 again. I can't count this past Saturday and Sunday though because they were unreasonable S days. So today is day 1. I'd forgotten about the 21-day club, actually. So thanks for the reminder! I really need a motivator after 6 red days in a row.

Monday, 9 Nov.: failure
Tuesday: failure
Wednesday: failure
Not sure what's going on with me but tomorrow is my b-day so I am planning to recommit on Friday.

NEVER MIND....starting again, November 30.
Last edited by guadopt1997 on Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Liz
Weight goal: less than I weigh now
Basic goal: doing no-S for life

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:03 pm

I'm in. I WILL count the weekend, although they were crazy S days(lots of Halloween candy).

So I'm on day 3. No milk, no eggs in the house. What will I eat for a healthy breakfast?!? No idea now, but I will figure something out, and go grocery shopping today to ensure that I have healthy, simple choices for good nourishing meals.

noni

Post by noni » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:40 pm

I'm in. I've been sloppy for a few months and gained back 7 of my 20lbs lost. How do you do colors? (Thanks CrazyCatLady!)

Sat. day 1: S-day
Sun. day 2: S-day
Mon. day 3: green
Tue. day 4: green
Wed. day 5: green (but alot of pressure to sample daughter's cake)
Thur. day 6: green
Fri. day 7: green (a good luck day for me!)
Sat. day 8: S-day Lost all of the weight I gained last idiotic week (4 lbs), just by keeping this week green.
Sun. day 9: S-day
Mon. day 10: green
Tues. day 11: green
Wed. day 12: green
Thur. day 13: green
Fri. day 14: green
Sat. day 15: S-day
Sun. day 16: S-day
Mon. day 17: green "Lunch with your child at school day." Plate bigger than at home.
Tues. day 18: green
Wed. day 19: green
Thurs. day 20: S-day A blessed Thanksgiving to you!
Fri. day 21: green hooray!
Last edited by noni on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:32 pm, edited 19 times in total.

tarantinofan

Post by tarantinofan » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:15 pm

I'm in!

Saturday Nov. 7-Day 1
Sunday Nov. 8-Day 2
Monday Nov. 9-Day 3
Tuesday Nov. 10-Day 4

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:05 pm

Noni, at the top of the screen as you are posting, it shows a choice of "font colour". Highlight your post, then click on the down arrow next to default. Chose a color!

This challenge has helped me so much.

Tuesday night I baked brownies for a carry-in (pot luck) lunch at work, and baked cookies to bring to a friend Wednesday evening. I did not eat ONE CRUMB of brownies, nor did I eat any cookies. And I stuck to No S at the carry-in lunch. However, Wednesday was crazy busy, and dinner was late, so I allowed myself to have a banana after work. And yesterday dh got a small promotion and a raise, so dd baked him a cake. I had 1-1/2 slices of cake, plus some jello with fruit mixed in.

I have a funeral on Monday out of state, and will be driving home Tuesday. I plan to try to stay reasonable with my eating habits as I travel, but will not be too strict about No S rules. Starting Wednesday, I will go back to strict but vanilla No S.

And I will not eat any leftover cake tonight, and if I have any Saturday, it will be a reasonable portion.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:20 pm

good going crazycatlady! I think it's great to post successes. I went to an end of the year football "desert banquet" for my highschool son. By the way who thought of a "desert banquet" in the first place, Highschool boys???? Anyway, I ate before I went of course, and had NONE! I got busy talking and didn't even suffer! :wink: My son however didn't take the lid off the cake pan when he sat it on the table, so nobody even saw the cake and we had to bring the entire thing home! uggg.
Please pray for me

noni

Post by noni » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:23 pm

Wed was tough, tough. Things were going pretty easy when my daughter called and said wanted to visit. I invited her and her family to dinner and then she said, "I want you to sample a cake I made". I explained I couldn't and wow, did she lament! (I felt like a fanatic and if I weren't on the 21-day challenge, I would have. Thanks Renee!)

My daughters' and I bought the same cookbook so we make recipes from it and rate them and I was an unwilling accomplice that day.

The day was saved because she and the rest of my family are coming over for Sunday dinner so I asked her to make it then. She was happy with that.

Of course, she brought over some of the cake anyway for my husband and boys but she didn't want me to serve it up in front of her toddlers until they all left because it was for us not them. So I was glad she didn't have to watch me NOT eat it. They had some cake at home and besides that they had ice cream at my house which was enough for that night. Hmm...not eating two desserts at night. Now why didn't I think of that!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:14 am

Guadopt.. don't quit! Keep trying for the 21... You can transfer it to the next month if I do it again, just get going! :wink: Hope ya had a good birthday!

Noni... you seem to be making progress!

Crazycatlady... how are you doing on the counting of days?

Ari... still in?

Keep goin guys!
Please pray for me

noni

Post by noni » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:16 pm

I don't like limiting the S days but mine have been getting completely out of control. It's the candy and chocolate, I believe that are doing me in. I decided to test this out by allowing myself only one candy bar (snack size)per S-day. It worked well this weekend. I ate heartily but I didn't have that craziness going on in my head to "eat it all before it's Monday kind of thing."

When I overindulge on s-days, it makes it harder to go back to n-days.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:47 pm

noni... if you know what your weakness is, get it out of the house. Give it away (listen to me talk big, like I could!) or give it to someone to hide, or put it in your trunk or at least in the freezer. It may help.
Please pray for me

guadopt1997

Post by guadopt1997 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:43 pm

This is my worst month ever. I've only had 2 green days. yesterday I came close but I ended up having to work from home for two hours in the evening and then it got really late while I waited for the laundry to dry and was so tired. I ended up snacking-binging.

Not sure how to get back on track. I've been trying almost every day.
Liz

noni

Post by noni » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:09 pm

Thanks Renee,

I know it is disasterous for me to keep chocolate candy around. Have you ever read intuitive eating books that vary on how to handle trigger foods? One said to have ten of everything at all times in the house so you won't feel deprived. Yeah, that worked :shock:

Others said when you want something bad enough, just go out and buy ONE. Say, a Baby Ruth bar. I'm going to go with that whenever it hits me and save it for an S day. It makes more sense in my case.

My husband and kids have stashes of candy. If I'm the one who buys it, it won't be my favorites. They "nurse" their goodies. Don't know why I could never do that.

Liz,

I know how you feel. I had lost control in Aug. starting with my vacation and thereafter. Gained back seven or eight pounds. Recently, I was trying on my own but half-heartedly until Renee offered this challenge and accountability kicked in. We're pulling for you!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:39 pm

Noni... I think that keeping things in the freezer helps, but I have more of a salt tooth and I can't fit all of these chip bags in the freezer. When I buy them I tell myself that I'm buying the corn chips for taco and nacho night and I won't snack on them. With potato chips, I tell myself that brats and hotdogs just aren't as good without them, so I get them thinking that I won't touch them until that meal comes ...or, if my teens have friends over and they want to pretend that their Mom isn't thrifty and trying to be heathy. I can always come up with something to tell myself.

This wannabe club is really really helping me even if there are only 2 (or so?) of us doing it. HA!

I think that Guadopt should join in and we'll just carry over her number to the next month!!! I'll tell her...

If anyone else wants to join in... come on! We'll carry over your number to the December wanna be club. Whatever gets you going! This is really helping me! I really need help this time of year!
Please pray for me

noni

Post by noni » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:56 pm

Can't seem to eat pizza without a side of chips!
I also have a salty tooth so I'm glad that that particular S is allowable.
I have a small handful of chips (or likeness thereof) with my lunch or some lightly salted nuts.

mrsj

Post by mrsj » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:44 am

:oops: (Shyly raises hand) Can I join? I'm a newbie-joined up Friday 20 Nov. I need all the incentive and motivation I can get. I'm too heavy for my joints so it's very painful to be on my feet for more than 15 minutes at a time. I currently weigh 201 lbs. My doctor told me shrink or die.

Day 1: 24 Nov a success.

Day 2: 25 Nov a success. It's getting harder though.

Day 3: 26 Nov a success. Still hard in the evenings.
Day 6: S day. a success. breaking my sugar addiction.

Day 4: Still morning, BUT I'M 1 KILO LIGHTER!!!
Day 12: Green day. Yay!

Days 6-11: Green days all!

Day 4: Success

Day 5: I really don't know how to log this. An S day, but I forgot to eat anything at all. Really hectic day.
Day 13: Success
Day 14: success
Days 15&16: S days, but forgot all about them. Success! Only 5 more days!!!
Day 17: Green!!! 4 more days to go!
Day 18: I'm hoping that sick days count. I started to feel really bad in the afternoon. Picked up some kind of bug. Have no appetite, the sight of food makes my face green.Not any better today, day 19. I'm going back to bed after I range with Thor.
Day 19: Slept all day. Better today and back on track!
Day 20: Dec. 10: A green day! I just have to get through today, and I'll be a member of the 21 Club!!!!!!!!
Day 21: Dec 11: Green!!! I am now a member of the 21 Day Club!!!
Last edited by mrsj on Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:10 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Nothing is impossible-only improbable.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:48 pm

Welcome mrsj!!!! The more the merrier! We can alsways carry over your number of days to Dec. I know I'll be working hard on the 21 for next month!!! I usually gain every blessed Christmas. I took a bit of a dotour in October and it's hard to get back into the habits I'd been learning doing no S. This "diet" really teaches normal eating. Congratulations on finding it with us! Keep in touch!
Please pray for me

noni

Post by noni » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:26 pm

Welcome mrsj,

This challenge has helped me get back on tract. I hope you also find it helpful!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:51 pm

Noni... I've noticed that the school lunches are huge! :shock: Of course my kids sure don't eat my money's worth. I was sure full the times I've gone. We can go anytime... my youngest, a third grader, still likes me to once in a while. :D
Please pray for me

noni

Post by noni » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:19 pm

Renee,

I usually get the chicken ceasar salad (school lunch) with my youngest but with my 8th grader I thought I'd be adventurous and go for the main meal. It was dried up mozzarella sticks with some horrible tasting dipping sauce and "buttered" (yeah, right) pasta that was so tasteless, I had to ask for salt and wait while they found some. To the schools, healthy lunch means tasteless lunch. But the children really love the visit. Even the other strange kids at the table fall all over themselves to talk to an adult.

guadopt1997

Post by guadopt1997 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:23 pm

December wannabe!

November 30: SUCCESS
December 1: SUCCESS
December 2: SUCCESS
December 3: SUCCESS
And that's day 4, but who's counting?
December 4: not terrible, but did have seconds for dinner
December 5-6: s days gone wild
December 7: 2 ice cream bars in the late evening with milk, 6 chestnuts
December 8: trying again
Last edited by guadopt1997 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Liz

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:01 pm

I've started a December challenge. I hope you post your progress there cuz I wannabe a repeater to the 21 too.
Please pray for me

mrsj

Post by mrsj » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:15 pm

I have just completed my first 21 days and would like to start again... So-
Day 1!: An S Day (Saturday) but wasn't an idiot. GREEN!
Day 2: S day, wasn't an idiot, yellow!
Day 3: Green! DH bought me chocolate. I was tempted, but thought 21 instead!
Day 4: Green!
Day 5: Green!
Day 6: Green
Day 7: Green!
Days 8&9: S days, wasn't an idiot. (Dec 19&20)
Day 10: Green!
Day 11: Green!
Day 12: Green
Day 13: Xmas Eve Believe it or not, a green N day! Was too tired to eat much.
Day 14: Xmas Day. Same as above
Day 15: S day
Last edited by mrsj on Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.

mrsj

Post by mrsj » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:09 am

Does this thread exist anymore? I want to be a repeater in the 21 Day Club.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:52 pm

Go for it! I check my challenge thread now in December. 21 could be your goal again and just post on there. I just do these because of the great accountability and fun. :wink: Do whatever works for you.
Please pray for me