Back to NoS with a GPS clause ;)

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

FarmerHal

Back to NoS with a GPS clause ;)

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:13 pm

I've been astray, it's true. But here I am and it's not all bad!

I actually started on atkins back Aug 15, and today I'm down 20lbs.
In doing atkins, I discovered I am really intolerant to a few things Grains (wheat, rice, corn, barley, etc), Potatoes (white/sweet), Sweets. And as I have always been, dairy.

Gone is my heartburn, fibromyalgia, pain from spondylitis, allergies (seasonal) swollen feet and legs, headaches, skin discoloration from acanthosis nigricans due to insulin resistance and I have a ton more energy.

This prompted me to read more about grains and sugar especially, how much is in the Standard American Diet (SAD) and how nutrient-void it is!

So now I try to stick to 4 meals a day (Bfast, lunch, snack, dinner) consisting of meat/poultry/fish, veggies, fruit, seeds and nuts. The occasional dairy sneaks in there too but I generally don't digest it very well.

I still have issues with wanting to permasnack so I am trying to stick to the noS principles, but I sure do miss the support and presence of you guys on the board! :)

So here I am, I promise to post mroe and lurk too!
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:31 pm

Welcome back and good luck!

Something I find very interesting is that Americans have more issues with intolerances and allergies than people in other parts of the world. I think it's probably due to chemicals used in growing and processing and in our environment -- which haven't typically been used in other parts of the world.
Last edited by wosnes on Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Dawn

Post by Dawn » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:39 pm

I think you can incorp a lot of "diets" into the No-S framework. Good for you finding something that is so helpful, now toss in a healthy dose of No-S and I met you have a real winner.

Good luck
Dawn

clio

Post by clio » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:35 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!! I know you've struggled a lot in the past and it was so nice to read about your good news. I think the beauty of No S is the emphasis on the structure of eating not which foods can or can't eat. I hope you will continue to post and keep us updated on your progress :D
SW: 154