Newbie in Weight Watchers, curious about this diet!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

stoogeswoman

Newbie in Weight Watchers, curious about this diet!

Post by stoogeswoman » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:41 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie. I've been a member of WW for over a year and at one point had lost almost 50 pounds. But I really hated doing the Points counting, so I hit a plateau, and now my weight is slowly creeping back up again.

And as I also posted over on the Urban Ranger forum, I've got a touch of osteoarthritis in my joints (gotta stay outta those joints! nyuk nyuk :lol: ), which sometimes keeps me from exercising as much as I'd like. Keeping the weight down definitely helps cool the arthritis symptoms!

From what I've read of the No S Diet, it sounds great - I've ordered the book and look forward to reading it & trying it for myself.

If it works, though, I may have an ethical dilemma: do I stay in WW or quit? I've been thinking of quitting anyway, as I'm losing my job (they're outsourcing it :x ) at the end of December & will be semi-retired (and going back to college part-time, yay! :D ) after that. So the $39 I'm paying WW will become a much larger chunk of my much smaller paycheck!

To be honest, the only reason I'm hesitatant to quit is purely emotional: I like my fellow members and would miss seeing them every week. But I suppose I could just invite them to join me for pizza or something! :wink:

Anyway, to make a long post a little shorter, hi! looking forward to seeing how this all works! 8)

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:50 pm

I'm guessing it's cheaper than Weight Watchers!

Nice to hear from you.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:50 pm

Lol! I opened this thread all ready to talk about how the two could fit together if you wanted (having done both)...

Sounds like it's not an ethical dilemma at all, just a choice. If you want to see the folks, and it's worth $39/month under your financial circumstances, go for it. If you think you can make other space for that contact to happen, try that and see how it works.

Maybe you could start another activity in which you'd see them, like a book club or mall-walking group or something.

Good luck!