No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mrsj

Post by mrsj » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:40 am

Hi, I just joined after reading pages and pages about No S. I'm 50 years old and obese. I've tried every diet around, no matter how wacky and I'm still obese. So, now I want to get back to old fashioned logic and No S is just that.

If you nice folks don't mind, Ill be posting a lot because I really need support in my weight reduction. My doctor told me loose weight or die.

I need to reduce my weight 22 KILOs just to get out of the obese range.

Thanks!
Nothing is impossible-only improbable.

Kevin

Re: newbie

Post by Kevin » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:51 pm

Welcome, and I'm sure you'll find lots of support here.
mrsj wrote:Hi, I just joined after reading pages and pages about No S. I'm 50 years old and obese. I've tried every diet around, no matter how wacky and I'm still obese. So, now I want to get back to old fashioned logic and No S is just that.

If you nice folks don't mind, Ill be posting a lot because I really need support in my weight reduction. My doctor told me loose weight or die.

I need to reduce my weight 22 KILOs just to get out of the obese range.

Thanks!
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:26 pm

Welcome MrsJ Image
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:01 pm

welcome!

Reinhard

sporkfancier

Post by sporkfancier » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:45 pm

Congratulations on making this choice to lose weight. Many people hear that from their doctor and choose death--perhaps not explicitly, but they do choose not to change their lifestyle.

The main trap that people will fall into with No-S is that the weight loss is gradual, but it's permanent and sustainable. I think that with so much weight to lose, you'll probably see some nice losses quickly, but don't be discouraged if you don't. Habit will get you healthy, just as surely as it got you unhealthy.
Shovel glove? Isn't that the size of prophylactic I use?

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:10 am

Welcome to a wonderful lifestyle change and a fantastic site of great people.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)