will this work for 5-7 pounds?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

goodgirl

will this work for 5-7 pounds?

Post by goodgirl » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:38 pm

I have been No-essing for 4 weeks, and have lost 2 pounds. I realize that it will be slower for me because I only wanted to lose 5-7 pounds, but can I expect to lose anymore? Do I just need more time?

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:59 am

It probably will, but it probably won't happen quickly.

I think often when we want to lose such a small amount of weight, it's vanity weight -- we want to weigh a certain amount or wear a certain size. Following No-S will give you good habits to follow for a lifetime.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

goodgirl

Post by goodgirl » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:12 am

Thanks for the reply - and for the encouragement. I'll keep at it, even if I don't lose anymore, because now I eat that sweet (pistachio ice cream) on the weekend with no guilt afterwards. And I'm drinking less soda and more water, which is definitely a healthier lifestyle change.

marygrace

Post by marygrace » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:38 pm

I lost one dress size on NoS, probably about 5 pounds, and it was all vanity weight. It happened over the course of a few months.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:47 pm

No-G (no guilt) is the best thing about No-S!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Dandelion

Post by Dandelion » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:19 am

I think it depends more on whether someone really is 5-10 pounds over their healthiest weight - or whether they only think they are. I think you can force a body to go to a weight lower than it really functions best at, but it doesn't happen so easily with a natural and healthy way of eating like NoS is - and it's tough to stay there. Then other times people find the goal they had in mind is actually higher than the weight their body decides to settle at.

But I cannot see any reason why it would work less well for someone with a small amount of weight to lose.

scgal

Post by scgal » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:42 pm

I fall into this range, too--wanting to lose 5-10 pounds. I'm excited about January and the holidays, with their temptations, being over!

Amyliz

Post by Amyliz » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:41 pm

For me it's always been slow even thought i'm shooting for a total 20lb loss.

However, after the first year I lost 10lbs total and I had all the habits in place to start tweaking my meals. More soups, more salads, less on my plate , less junk on weekends total. it has been REALLY suprisingly easy to change a meal from a big sandwich with gooey cheese to a soup and side salad. Those changes have helped lose another 5lbs in 5 months.

when you lose weight slowly it's more likely to stay off. When your habits are in order, it will not feel like a struggle

good luck, and stick with it!

Amy
Amyliz

START: 03/30/08 - 158- 161lbs range
Current: 145-148lbs range
On 12/22/09 I saw 145 on the scale for the first time in 7 years!