First Week Done!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

TSx

First Week Done!

Post by TSx » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:35 pm

I thought I'd start NoS for the new year - I do use a few mods of my own but stick to the general idea.

Last weekend was a bit dodgy due to the new year but overall was reasonable. Started properly on Monday and just got through to tonight.

To give you an idea of my eating habits in December, I probably had a few stuffed crust pizzas to myself (probably 3000 calories each), I'd regularly drink soda (2l a day), snack on cheese strings or babybels and generally just eat pretty rubbishly.

Monday to Today I've had two meals a day (I always get up too late for Breakfast) - I'm trying to keep my calories within the bounds of 1200-1500 a day and I know I've managed that. I've also had no temptation - I've been offered chocolate, crisps, pizza, so many things and just said no without even thinking about it. It just seems so much easier now I know what I'm doing. I'm drinking water as well, nothing else (except Alcohol, I'm not going to allow a diet to ruin my social life!)

I'm not going to ruin it by going mental on my S-Days now, I've bought myself 6 cans of (diet) soda, a chicken (quorn) and mushroom slice and a small packet of sweets - these are hardly a gorge but they're 'treats' and it was nice to go round and decide what I wanted.

I weighed about 16.5 stone at the beginning of December, and weighed myself a few days ago and I'm 15.5 stone. It's probably just co-incidence (I've been losing weight since moving here anyway because it's an hour walk to work).

One of the key things I've found is whenever theres an opportunity to break the diet (someone offers me a slice of pizza or some chocolate), I just think to myself that 2010 is a new decade and if I break my eating habits now, I'll not be able to start a fresh decade for 10 years... may not make sense but works for me!

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:49 am

Glad you enjoyed your first week! Welcome to No-S!

And alcohol isn't an S, so you don't need to make any special exceptions for it.
"You've been reading about arctic explorers," I accused him. "If a man's starving he'll eat anything, but when he's just ordinarily hungry he doesn't want to clutter up his stomach with a lot of candy."
Dashiell Hammett

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:58 am

Pizza isn't an S day food, either, as long as your serving fits on a plate.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

lelovelady

Post by lelovelady » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:26 pm

Congratulations! I just completed my first week too ... so yay for both of us!

Keep up the good work, and good luck!

Laura