Bombing Badly

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Brent_Corkins

Bombing Badly

Post by Brent_Corkins » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:23 pm

Ugh!! Been bombing so badly! Between the holidays and this crazy Missouri winter we are having here. My exercise and eating has been horrific. Need to get it together. New year New me!! Hopefully!!

mimi

Post by mimi » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:17 am

Be easy on yourself...the holidays are a difficult time for many of us...so much temptation around!
And if it's any consolation for you, the weather in Virginia has been crazy too - soooo cold. Our snow is still here from three weeks ago!
Hang in there!

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:58 pm

Minnesota weather has been about two days ahead of Michigan weather, so I know what you're talking about.

But the days are getting longer now, hopefully the "arctic blast" is coming to an end, and the holidays are behind us, so it should be easier to get back on track.

Don't dwell on past failures, just anticipate present and future success with enthusiasm and you'll do okay.
"Self-denial's a great sweetener of pleasure."
(Patrick McGoohan's "The Prisoner")

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:42 pm

Had a rough couple of months myself.

Hang tough, start over.

I have a whole new mindset today - a lot has to do with being accountable on this board. I don't have enough weight to lose that others would say,

Finally you are doing something, so don't get much support from others.

Just take one meal at a time.

I am so into getting back into NO S that I am making today a three meal only day. I figured I had enough S days this past two months.

Berry

Brent_Corkins

Post by Brent_Corkins » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:40 am

Ahhh! weather is so much better and been able to get out and walk the dog every night when I get home form work. Been hitting the weights a couple times a week. Even though had some Mcd's for lunch today and came home to some pizza. But I am still applying the plate rule.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:54 am

Keep it up. This is the hardest time of the year what with the cold and the short days. I always have a harder time in January. I can't wait for the weather to change.
Brent_Cork ins wrote:Ahhh! weather is so much better and been able to get out and walk the dog every night when I get home form work. Been hitting the weights a couple times a week. Even though had some Mcd's for lunch today and came home to some pizza. But I am still applying the plate rule.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:27 pm

Brent,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble. This is a tough time of year for lots of people. On the bright side, every day you tough it out now, you're building serious habit-muscle for easier times. I find that consideration motivationally useful.

Best of luck and keep us posted,

Reinhard

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:36 pm

It really is true. You can think of it as a muscle or an actual stimulus-response chemical reaction in the brain (there is evidence for this), but it has helped me several times to think that I just can't afford to keep up that cycle. If I "feed" the urge, I just make it more likely to do it the next time. If I don't, the urge will decrease, at least on average, as time goes on. At some point, the weather will not be a catalyst, unless your body really needs the calories. And, things change. I was in a terrible state about all this a year ago. Now it seems possible again. It often takes just a few good days.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Brent_Corkins

Post by Brent_Corkins » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:23 am

Yeah such a relief. Some of the snow is finally melting we got drilled with about 11 + inches Christmas eve night. And about 9+ again a week or so later. Not alot in comparison I am sure. But it the first time since I was little that we have gotten that much. First time I can really say I am not enjoying Winter. Anyone know a place that stay relatively warm year round. Has a low crime rate and low cost of living wehre i can move too.lol!!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:42 pm

Well, I was going to say San Diego, where I live, until you said the part about the low cost of living. Housing is high, and wages aren't, but the temp rarely goes below 40 here. Growing days: 365 a year. Crime depends on the neighborhood, no matter what you hear. It can spoil ya. But you might miss the seasons...
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)