Hi hi everyone!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Aleria

Hi hi everyone!

Post by Aleria » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:43 am

Well, I'm new to this. Found a link to it from a bento (box lunch) making forum and thought the No-S diet sounded exactly what I'd been looking for - something simple, intuitive and best of all, cheap!
I'm an 18-year-old first year university student, so cheap is good. But I love cooking (and the eating part that comes with it :D) so something superly restrictive would be no good.
I've been doing No-S for a week and it's been going pretty well, except some chocolate left over from christmas that was just too tasty to resist.
My biggest problem right now is not having a definite schedule due to my courses being at all sorts of times, but it's not too much of a problem.
I don't weigh myself, in fact, I haven't stepped on a scale since around grade six, but I think I'm a bit overweight. Maybe 10-20 pounds over? Anyway my main goal isn't really about losing weight, but to create better habits, I guess. This is why normal diets and weight watchers never appealed to me. Losing weight will just be a nice side effect.
Last edited by Aleria on Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:29 am

Welcome! Yes, the nice thing about No S is it's so simple, and it makes so much sense. :D

scgal

Post by scgal » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:41 pm

Welcome! No-S is easy and will be a "no brainer" for you while in college!

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:47 pm

Welcome, you will enjoy the plan and the great people here.

Berry :)

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:52 am

Welcome! If habits are what you're looking for, you've come to the right place - I'm sure you'll love no-s.
"You've been reading about arctic explorers," I accused him. "If a man's starving he'll eat anything, but when he's just ordinarily hungry he doesn't want to clutter up his stomach with a lot of candy."
Dashiell Hammett

Aleria

Post by Aleria » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:56 am

Thanks, so far it has been good except Friday when I missed lunch. That was awful. Haven't gone crazy on the weekend, just a slushie and a couple small pieces of chocolate.
Of course being broke means I can't buy snacks even if I want to.
Edit: Got some money from my parents today, had a nice lunch out for once. Was really tempted by some donuts, but I resisted.

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:52 am

Congrats on resisting the donuts, and on the nice lunch. :)
"You've been reading about arctic explorers," I accused him. "If a man's starving he'll eat anything, but when he's just ordinarily hungry he doesn't want to clutter up his stomach with a lot of candy."
Dashiell Hammett