starting tomorrow!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

giventime

starting tomorrow!

Post by giventime » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:13 pm

I am starting the No S diet tomorrow, any last minute words of wisdom?

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:21 am

Make sure you have a balance of foods with protein, fiber, and fat with each meal, and you'll likely stay fuller longer.
Welcome, by the way!

oliviamanda

Post by oliviamanda » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:27 pm

Good luck!
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain

Elspeth

Post by Elspeth » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:47 pm

I'm a newbie (just started on Jan. 18th) but I highly recommend using the Habitcal daily. There's something so encouraging about seeing those green squares increasing day by day. :)

Starla

Post by Starla » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:01 pm

Welcome!

I recommend the Habitcal too. I started No-S on September 7, and I had one failure, which was in the month of December. Every time I logged into my Habitcal I saw that nasty red square looking at me, and I don't want to see that again. Today is my boss's birthday, and we have pastries, cupcakes and a German chocolate cake on display. I told myself if I eat any of this I'll have to see a red square for the entire month of February on my Habitcal, and I'm just not going to do that!

Good luck!

~hf

Post by ~hf » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:42 pm

I'm with you! Today will be my first No S day in a long time. I can say from experience that this does work, so enjoy the process. And yes, Habitcal is great! It let's you easily see your compliance in a glance.

lelovelady

Post by lelovelady » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:22 pm

Yes, be accountable. Do whatever works for you to keep you accountable. For me, it's posting here on these boards. There's a thread for 21 day wanna be's, and then there's a Monthly challenge. There were days that were really hard, and the only thing that kept me from just having a red day was the realization that I would be posting here. I couldn't just conveniently "forget" that I'd had a red day.

And the other bit of advice is ... don't be too hard on yourself. There's a lot of temptation to second guess yourself, and try to put all sorts of restrictions on yourself. Don't give into them. Just do the best you can, and be kind to yourself.

And come here for support, suggestions, and kind words.

Laura L.

giventime

Post by giventime » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:10 am

Thanks for all the great advice! I have no idea what "Habitcal" is, but will look into it. Day one - I think was a success. Wasn't sure what to do about pizza??? I had two slices which were probably too big for one plate, and a salad for dinner. Things I did not consume today (which I would have on a normal Monday): a couple handfuls of goldfish at my desk, a chocolate dessert after lunch and usually another chocolatley something after dinner. I don't expect this to be quick, my goal is to lose 15 lbs by this summer. Also hope to add an exercise class in the next week or two. I usually run 2 miles a day, but not in this New England weather - too cold for me!

JR

Post by JR » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:18 pm

Hi there, HabitCal is at the top of this page, click on it and follow instructions. Just be aware when it says press the Show button, it is now the Load button! I just started two weeks ago and have found it very motivational! Good luck.