criticism on amazon

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ou812

criticism on amazon

Post by ou812 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:58 pm

I was just looking through amazon reviews and one person pointed out that this diet won't work because it relies on will power. The solution that they offered was to count and reduce calories. Counting calories still involves will power! Also, in the long run, who can maintain counting calories? The reviewer just didn't get it.

oliviamanda

Post by oliviamanda » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:11 pm

Well, hopefully future purchasers of the No S book will read that little negativism and see it for what it is... just plain stupid. People are blindly in search for that magic pill or magic book or plan that requires zero effort and maximum results. It really is too much for most people to follow this simple plan.
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain

ShannahR

Post by ShannahR » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:08 pm

Actually I was looking through the amazon.com comments and I saw one on the leptin diet which I thought as actually quite interesting, although worded a little rudely. Maybe another explination why No S works so well?
This version of myself is not permanent, tomorrow I will be different. --BEP

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:43 pm

Fortunately there are precious few of these -- and maybe it's good they exist or people wouldn't believe the positive ones. I don't actually think I've seen another book with a comparable number of reviews where the average has been so high. Thanks all of you here who have been so generous in your praise!

Reinhard

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:02 pm

One reviewer says, "I did it for a week and didn't lose any weight and it was hard." :roll:

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:47 am

:shock:

TingTing

Post by TingTing » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:15 pm

One reviewer says, "I did it for a week and didn't lose any weight and it was hard."
What kind of a review is that??? Gosh, I could say the same for all the diets I've been on! :lol:

RJLupin

Post by RJLupin » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:15 am

Many of the reviews on Amazon are written by people too stupid to tie their own shoes, much less give a valid book critique. I saw that leptin post, too....not only was it rude, but it was also written (I believe) by someone trying to push their own diet book. Anyway, the leptin thing has pretty much been debunked. As for the "I did it for one week and didn't lose any weight" person, well, I think something that goofy speaks for itself.

It's funny how much people can turn their special diets into almost a religion. When somebody comes along with something like No S, where you eat smaller amounts of normal food, some people are bound to freak out. "NO!" they scream, "unless you cut out carbs/fat/meat/whatever the poison of the week is, you will never lose weight!" They've got so much invested in magical thinking (I highly doubt someone is going to count calories or eat nothing but raw veggies and such their whole lives) that they count stand to see a good dose of common sense puncturing their special diet bubble. It does make me angry though, when they use sites like Amazon to push their own agenda by bashing other people's work.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:24 am

Too solid flesh wrote:One reviewer says, "I did it for a week and didn't lose any weight and it was hard." :roll:
I can't remember who it was, but that was someone who was here for like two posts and then left.. I remember that post..
LOL :lol:
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness