grammy G Thanks all of you!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Grammy G

grammy G Thanks all of you!

Post by Grammy G » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:20 am

I have not been contributing to this site for quite awhile but I have been lurking. Those of you who have followed me know that I am wintering in "sunnyland" ( one of the perks to being over 65 and retired!). I feel I need to put a big THANK YOU our to all of you who are so giving of your knowledge and support when you already have so much going on in your lives! I can't imagine how many people you are helping!
This site is so very unique: here are a group of educated,caring people willing to bear their private lives and help strangers find success. Every entry is always supportive. To have Reinhard add his two cents to discussions.. not as a "leader" but as another "learner" is amazing!
I just read all the entries to LA LOSERS's CATCH PHRASE GLOSSARY because I thought i would die without a 3:30 snack. I didn't die and gained a lot of insight..THANK YOU thank you THANK YOU!!!
How am I doing on this extended vacation? Fine! We end up having lots of company (I'm sure most of you would like to spend a week with me about now!!) and eating many restaurant meals. I try to keep the one plate/ two glasses of wine rule in place but am not beating myself up if that doesn;t work (not often). I haven't done an official weigh-in but my clothes are gettin' bigger and my neighbor just asked if I was losing weight so those are good signs. My biggest challenge is the "Friday Margarita Club" which meets at 2:30 and the "meetings" last as long as the drinks do! Hey..you only go around once and this is a fun group... What can I say????
:lol:
I'm enjoying every minute of this phase of my life..wishing you the same! :D
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think another negative thought."
Peace Pilgrim

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:16 am

I too want to thank everyone for all of their heart felt entries of encouragement, success, failures, hopes, dreams, and the daily fun stuff. Thanks all!!! You've saved me from many a binge!!!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

Dandelion

Post by Dandelion » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:57 am

It's good to hear from you - and good to hear you're doing well :). Sounds like a lovely life you have going on, and I hope we see you back here regularly soon!

Thanks for messaging me, since I don't read the General discussions very often these days - gotta leave room for other things in life. It's not a Margarita club, but it'll have to do :wink:
'I do think the way to a full and healthy life is to adopt the sensible system of small helpings, no seconds, no snacking, and a little bit of everything. Above all, have a good time.' Julia Child

mimi

Post by mimi » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:10 pm

Same here Grammy G! You're the best - and so very kind! "Sunnyland" sounds wonderful at this time to a number of folks in addition to me, I'm sure! I have always found everyone here on these boards to be extremely kind, understanding, and helpful. Combine that with living the NoS lifestyle, and how can you go wrong?

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

Starla

Post by Starla » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:14 pm

Grammy, your posts just radiate with positive energy; I don't think I have ever read one without smiling. Thanks for the sunshine from snowy Wisconsin!

la_loser

Feb. 22-National Margarita Day!

Post by la_loser » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:00 am

Grammy G,
Thanks for your sweet message. Yeah, I like great one-liners too! Some readers are going to say, OMG, where has she been? Life (business, nothing bad) has claimed my every moment for the last few months so I haven't been posting but all is well.

So your message spurred to be pop myself back in again. I'm hoping to make it a regular thing.

I just had to reply to this one though; reading your post from yesterday made me chuckle--a little irony--did you know that yesterday was NATIONAL MARGARITA DAY!? Seriously, it was -- see this site (and a number of links I found when I google it)
http://www.foodchannel.com/stories/1213 ... ebruary-22

Since it's more like a dessert to me, it's an S and the "holiday" probably doesn't count as a S day--but the weekend's not far away!
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:55 am

It is probably good that we didn't know it was National Margarita Day on the 22nd or we would have had to call a special meeting of the club! :wink: I am going to make a copy of that article, LA, and take it to the Friday meeting so we can have a special toast to good ol' Margarita and recognize how the world is a better place (especially on Fridays) because of her!!!
Starla, thanks for checking in...and thanks for the nice comments. i do try to put a positive spin on things...it is often so much more productive to change my attitude than it is to change the situation. I think this realization came with age!
I do think I would have a lot of trouble staying positive with the weather (SNOW!!) most of you are facing.... and a lot of trouble trying to keep myself from foraging in the frig all day! Good luck to all of you stuck in the house!
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think another negative thought."
Peace Pilgrim

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:48 pm

Thank YOU, Grammy G!

I always enjoy reading your kind, thoughtful posts (even if it sometimes takes me a few days to respond :-)).

Reinhard