"Cheat" Or Not: Opinions?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

RJLupin

"Cheat" Or Not: Opinions?

Post by RJLupin » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:07 am

I have been doing No S for almost a month, and haven't done anything even remotely like "cheating" until today. I had a very busy morning, and had plans to meet up with a friend mid-afternoon. Breakfast went fine, but it was too early to eat before I left. We went to see a movie, and all they had was snack food. So, I ate a bagel dog and no more than one cup of popcorn (I took a handful from my friend's bag.) It would easily have fit on one plate (probably less than one plate) but I couldn't help feel that I was "snacking" though I treated it as my lunch and ate nothing else. Maybe because it came from a bag? Dinner was back to normal.

I am not going to beat myself up about it; I had to eat something, and we had no time to go get lunch at a sit-down place. What do you think? Was it "lunch" (though not a healthy one) or did I skip lunch and snack?

Just curious.

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:14 am

I'd say lunch not a cheat. Probably not what you'd go for everyday but it was your meal and fit on one (virtual) plate so you're in green territory for No S, IMO.
Restarted No S (3rd times a charm!) January 2010 at 145 lbs

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:48 am

Nah. That was lunch, not cheating. If it would fit on a plate, it was part of a discrete "meal" and you didn't eat again until dinner, it wasn't cheating.

And ideal meal? Of course not, but you knew that. And the very fact it felt "wrong" tells me you don't exactly do that every day, either.

This is EXACTLY why No-S is so good. It takes into account you have a LIFE. Sure, sure, 90% of your meals are a LOT healthier than that. And that's what's important.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:07 am

That was lunch. According to Reinhard, "snacks" aren't what you eat -- it's when you eat them. Between meals.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

RJLupin

Post by RJLupin » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:44 pm

Thanks for all the replies! I didn't think it was a "cheat" for real because it was a one plate thing, but it still felt like one. I won't count it as a cheat; I haven't had one in the entire month I have been doing No S.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:56 pm

I agree, call it lunch. But keep in mind that I am a cheater, and be sure to draw your line now so you won't become a cheater more often. Congratulations on your success!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me