Pregnant S

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Gia

Pregnant S

Post by Gia » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:41 pm

Hi all, out of pure curiosity, has anyone done no S throughout their pregnancy? Was it hard to do? How much weight did you put on? What were the biggest obstacles?

oliviamanda

Post by oliviamanda » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:34 pm

I did not, but really I wish that I had. Next time if I get lucky enough, I will stick to No S or No S type habits. I developed gestational diabetes during pregnancy and it had a lot to do with my unhealthy diet of all things S. : (

I don't think you need to deprive yourself during pregnancy, but snacking on more healthy options would be what I would do differently. I'm suprised I didn't birth a gingerbread man or Christmas cookie, as my child was born in January.
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:01 pm

I think doing No-S throughout pregnancy makes great sense.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

TunaFishKid

Post by TunaFishKid » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:46 am

That's probably the best test of whether a diet plan is safe or not....asking, "Would I do this if I were pregnant?" With some of the diets I've been on in the past, like McDougall or Atkins, I would definitely have answered "no".
~ Laura ~

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:49 am

I am pregnant and I would never do "Vanilla No S" during pregnancy. I am hungry more often and if I waited 5 hours in between meals, I'd be so weak and ready to faint. I try to stay away from sweets and seconds, but planned, healthy snacks are a part of my life. I am 17 weeks and have gained about 6 lbs, so I am doing something right.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

kccc

Post by kccc » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:56 pm

I didn't know about No-S when I was pregnant, but I was very invested in "doing everything right" due to prior miscarriages.

Nutrition-wise, that ended up looking a LOT like No-S plus healthy snacks at relatively predictable intervals.

Like Nicole, I really, really needed to eat snacks - otherwise I'd get tremendously nauseated. Keeping a little food in my stomach made all the difference.

It worked well for me, overall. I gained the right amount, and initially lost most of it... but then gained a lot right AFTER pregnancy for a number of reasons (primarily over-eating and under-exercising as my routine changed so dramatically). I wish I'd known about No-S then.