Hectic Mommy + No S = RELIEF!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Bibliolater

Hectic Mommy + No S = RELIEF!

Post by Bibliolater » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:07 am

Hi Everyone,

I was just introduced to No S on Wednesday. Yes, this past Wednesday I read an old Woman's World magazine at the library. I saw that a few stars were doing No S and I wanted to know more about it.

I went home that night and looked up nosdiet.com. Over Thursday and Friday I listened to ALL of the PodCasts. I have read as much as I can on the website and BAM! This "diet" or way of living makes so much sense that it hit my head like a sledgehammer. (hehe) I couldn't believe the pure enlightenment, the turning on of a light bulb. I am so estatic about having something to grasp and really hold on to.

I am currently just over 260 lbs. I have tried Slimfast, Atkins, WeightWatchers, among others and No S just makes more sense than all of them put together. I NEEDED something that worked in my life.

I am a very busy wife and mom of four, ages 6 and under. We homeschool, my husband and I run our at-home business, we're involved in church, I volunteer at the library 1-2 times a week and I also process insurance claims from home 5-7 hours every week day. I do NOT have time to count calories, count fat or sugar grams, count points. I don't have the patience for making one meal for my husband and kids and making one for myself.

No S fits my schedule, fits my life, makes a great eating pattern and I DON'T HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT! I was tired of thinking about food all the time. If I have to think about each meal I have to eat AND figure in snacks AND figure which deserts to have, I go crazy. I don't believe that thinking about food that much is good. No S has defined lines. There is no gray area. It's either time to eat, or it's not. There are no maybe's, possibly's or choices.

The past two days have been GREEN for me and I actually felt hunger! I don't know much about that. I felt relief knowing that I didn't have to make the decision of what to eat or when to eat. I felt great on my S day today that I had NO guilt! It's amazing. Truly!

I love Reinhard. He has a very cynical sense of humor that at first I couldn't wrap my mind around, but the more I listened to his Podcasts, the more I understood and the more realized that these were the exact things I have been thinking and feeling all along. I just didn't know how to put into words. Reinhard's ideas and concepts are so basic, simple and straight forward, it's amazing that no one has really realized them in the past 30 years. I am a huge fan of the mid-19th century. So this view of eating and working (working-out) the way they did is so simple it's genius.

I am currently attending OA (Overeaters Anonymous) meetings. I am profoundly grateful for the support by people, the spiritual support it encourages and the steps to take to solve my obsessive overeating. HOWEVER, I have always been the type to like daily direction. While OA does some of that, it doesn't concentrate on the food. It's primarily spiritual and emotional. I think No S fits so perfectly with OA.

I'm thankful to have found No S. I'm thankful that Reinhard put these basic concepts, these "DUH moments" into words and everyday solutions.

I hope to get to know you all better.

Thanks for reading!

Just one of my favorite thoughts about willpower .... Normal eaters don't need willpower to eat the way they do. Why do we get condemned for not using any if we overeat?
Cortney

"If you give a man a fish, he eats for a day. TEACH a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime."

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:40 am

Bibliolater wrote:I am a very busy wife and mom of four, ages 6 and under. We homeschool, my husband and I run our at-home business, we're involved in church, I volunteer at the library 1-2 times a week and I also process insurance claims from home 5-7 hours every week day.
You just made me tired!

Welcome aboard. I think this will fit into your life very well. It's simple.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Starla

Post by Starla » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:58 pm

Welcome! I've been doing No-S for about six and a half months and have found everything you're saying to be true, except I found it quite difficult at the beginning. Believe me, it gets easier! And it works!

I'm in Wisconsin too; do you process claims for WPS? My sister-in-law did that so she could stay at home while my nephew was in school. It worked out great for them.

TunaFishKid

Post by TunaFishKid » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:15 pm

Cortney, you must be the most organized person on the face of the earth! I can't imagine doing all you do every day. You won't believe the peace that No S will give regarding your weight, your food, and your family's food.

Welcome and best of luck to you!
~ Laura ~