"Dull" feeling throughout the day!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Joel_M

"Dull" feeling throughout the day!

Post by Joel_M » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:08 pm

Hi there folks!

I've been trying to get into the No-S diet :) I'm experiencing a little problem though, and I was wondering if you guys experienced the same feeling, and what you did about it.

You see, after a little while I noticed that I'm feeling really "dull", and I feel like I really need something sweet of salty. When I feel "dull" I feel slow in general and sort of low on energy.

So yeah! Did any of you experience this as well? Is this perhaps just something the body has to get used to? :)

Cantab

Re: "Dull" feeling throughout the day!

Post by Cantab » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:38 pm

[quote="Joel_M"]You see, after a little while I noticed that I'm feeling really "dull", and I feel like I really need something sweet of salty. When I feel "dull" I feel slow in general and sort of low on energy.[/quote]

I've discovered over many years that I need to eat a piece of fruit at mid-morning and mid-afternoon, and after working out. They're fixed, and they can be conceived of as very small meals, so I just continue that habit.

kccc

Post by kccc » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:58 pm

What are you eating at mealtimes?

Many of us have found that the "mix" as well as the quantity of food had to be adapted in order to hold us until the next meal. So, give us a normal menu and we'll make suggestions based on that.

marygrace

Post by marygrace » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:18 pm

I wonder also if this is your body simply weaning itself off its snack habit--more specifically, its sugar habit. If you're used to having something in the afternoon as a pick-me-up, you might feel out of whack for a while as your body adjusts. Or, like the others said, perhaps you're not eating enough/the right combination of foods to see you through to the next meal.

Joel_M

Post by Joel_M » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:02 pm

@Cantab:
Ah right. Fruit! I'll try that ;D

@KCCC:
Hmm. For breakfast I usually eat a slice or two of rye bread with cheese, and some muesli with yoghurt. For lunch I usually have one to six cheese sandwiches depending on how "hungry" I am. For dinner we eat quite varied (sometimes Dutch food, sometimes Indonesian, etc.), but usually we balance things out pretty well. Plenty of vegetables, anyway :P

@marygrace:
It could be just that, indeed. Maybe I've been living on a sugar rush and now I'm experiencing how tired I actually am. While during the day it's really frustrating, in the evenings this tiredness is actually beneficial. It's kind of forcing me to change my (bad) sleeping habits.

janieb

Post by janieb » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:02 am

Joel,

As an American living in the NLs I find I don't do so well on the Dutch diet of open faced sandwitches till dinner time, especially the squishy type of bread or bolletjes you find in the supermarket. I definitely feel fuzzy if I don't have something more solid for lunch....switch to roggebrood for lunch too? And make sure to eat some fruit at lunch? Thicker slices of cheese?

Sucess!

Janie

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:13 pm

You could just be dehydrated. That happens to me when I eat less. Try drinking more.
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me