What do you eat for breakfast?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Mom In High Heels

What do you eat for breakfast?

Post by Mom In High Heels » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:40 am

My normal breakfasts are usually around 200 calories, which is clearly not enough to get me through to lunch. It wasn't a problem when I wasn't doing no-s, but now, I'm starving by 11. I tried adding more food, but it seems like too much. Normal breakfast is usually one of these:

1 slice whole grain nuts and oats bread with cream cheese
2 links turkey sausage
Hot tea with 2 sugar cubes

1 bowl of organic nut o's with blueberries and/or strawberries
2 slices turkey bacon

1/2 c cottage cheese with blueberries and/or strawberries

This is clearly not enough to get me through to 12:30 when I eat lunch. I don't like eggs, though I've tried adding them (I can't do it!), but I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions? What do you eat for breakfast?
Mom in High Heels
Life's too short to wear ugly shoes

Click my blog. You know you want to.
Mom in High Heels

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:12 am

I'm not much of a breakfast eater and often don't eat breakfast. When I do, it's usually whole grain toast and seasonal fruit or the same kind of toast and a smoothie. Very rarely I'll have toast and eggs or a bowl of oatmeal. Sometimes it's just fruit.

If asked I'll say my breakfast time is 7:30 AM, but usually I wait until I feel hungry. If it's getting close to 11, I just have lunch instead.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:51 am

My standard breakfast is 1/2 bagel with cream cheese and a cup of coffee. Sometimes I change it up a bit and have something like a bowl of Cream of Wheat, oatmeal or fresh fruit. On S Days, I may have a small homemade muffin or (my favorite sweet) a slice of fresh baked pie. I usually eat breakfast at 7 and lunch somewhere between 11-noon, depending on the day.
Restarted No S (3rd times a charm!) January 2010 at 145 lbs

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:17 pm

I eat a pretty hearty breakfast.

Either: Optimized oatmeal (1/2 c dry oats, 2 T nuts, 2T seeds, 2 T dried fruits)

or

Veggie stuffed 3-egg omelet.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

marygrace

Post by marygrace » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:43 pm

I was eating oat bran with fresh or dried fruit and nut butter for months and months for breakfast and it always kept me full. I'm getting kind of sick of sweet stuff for breakfast though and lately will opt for a taco with rice and beans (when made with a whole wheat tortilla and brown rice, this is also quite filling). Oh, and whole milk yogurt with fruit and nut granola is also great. Haven't had that in a while but its filling.

Starla

Post by Starla » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:14 pm

Breakfast was hard for me when I started too; I was so hungry by lunch I had a headache. I knew I had to find something that worked or there would be no way I'd stick to No S.

My N-day breakfasts never vary. I eat a bagel with peanut butter and an apple. Can you get peanut butter in Germany? I'm not sure if it's the protein or the fat, but that keeps me going until lunch. I'm hungry by lunchtime, but not ravenous. I eat breakfast at 6:40 and lunch at noon.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:16 pm

Old fashioned oatmeal (non-instant). With skim milk, cinnamon and a packet of sugar.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

Spudd

Post by Spudd » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:07 pm

I usually have a big-ass bowl of cereal with vanilla soy milk. I find high-fibre cereals keep me satisfied to lunch better. I counted calories just to see how much calories it is, and it's about 500.

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:11 am

The breakfasts that keep me the fullest the longest are old fashioned oatmeal with 1/4 cup of nuts and 1/4 cup of dried fruit and a cup of fruit juice, or a bowl of high fiber cereal with vanilla oat milk and dried fruit mixed into it and a small treat dish of nuts on the side.

Aleria

Post by Aleria » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:37 am

Optimized oatmeal or cream of wheat, a muffin+greek yogurt, or more recently, eggs. Sometimes cereal with milk & soy milk.
I don't usually have much of a problem, and I eat breakfast around 8:30 and lunch around 3:00
"I'm not here to decorate your world"
Start: January 2010: 160 pounds, 39" waist
During: December 2010: 152 pounds, 33" waist

scgal

Post by scgal » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:07 pm

I like a small cinnamon bagel, 120 calories, 1/2 cup of orange juice and a cup of tea with 1 tsp of sugar. It's my default breakfast!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:23 pm

starch: 1 c. oatmeal (non-instant) or
1 c. Fiber One or
artisan whole wheat bread
fruit: apple or equivalent in volume
fat: a couple of tablespoons of walnuts or a T. peanut/almond butter
protein: cottage cheese, egg whites or whole, protein powder

If I leave out any of the components, I notice it.

I eat breakfast anywhere from 5:00 a.m. to 6:30 a.m. I usually have coffee during the morning and use 1/2-1 cup of milk in it over the course of the morning.

I'm still usually get hungry for lunch. Can't believe some No S-ers can get by on so little.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Happy Cooker

Post by Happy Cooker » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:41 am

I eat a different breakfast every day. Lately I've been including more protein in the form of an egg or two, hard-boiled, fried, poached, with vegs in an omelette, usually with a slice of organic sprouted wheat toast and some form of fruit. This morning I had one slice of that toast spread with peanut butter, an apple, and a few bites of cottage cheese. A recent discovery is my version of muesli: about 1/3 cup of old-fashioned oatmeal soaked in milk for a half hour, mixed with toasted nuts, dates, raisins, and topped with whole milk yogurt. Tasty and it lasted me for 4-5 hours. Occasionally I eat soup, leftover vegs, or a sandwich for breakfast. Leftover vegetables make a great quick omelette or frittata. Cheese and bread is good too.

Johnny68

Post by Johnny68 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:51 am

Hey - this may seem a little complicated, but it really only takes about 5 minutes to slap together and, when accompanied with a cup of joe, easily gets me from a 6am brekkie to a 12:30-1pm-ish lunch with no problems:

Almond Oat Blueberry Yogurt Porridge

- 1/4 cup oat bran hot cereal
- 2 tbs. ground raw flaxseed
- 2 tbs. raw wheat germ
- 1 tbs almond butter
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup whole plain yoghurt
- 1 handful of frozen blueberries
- 1 dash of cinnamon
Put oats in a bowl and pour about 1/2 cup of boiling water on 'em.
Stir for a minute or two.
Mix in almond butter, honey, and cinnamon, mix well. Add in flax, wheat germ, and yogurt and mix it some mo'.
Top with blueberries and enjoy!
I think there are four yams.

~Johnny