Hello, new here

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Swarah

Hello, new here

Post by Swarah » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:06 am

Just wanted to say hello. I'm new to No S, but had resolved to do something similar by myself. I decided (this weekend) that I was going to stop eating between meals, except for fruit. So I googled something like 'not eating between meals' and happened upon the No S Diet. Well, talk about a lightbulb moment! I've, like so many, struggled with silly, unrealistic diets for so long (Atkins, WW etc etc etc) which I've always rebelled against after about 2 weeks at the very most. I was so skinny as a child and young woman and I couldn't work out why I could no longer eat what I wanted and stay slim. But what I didn't do when I was young was constantly snack between meals. I wouldn't have dreamt as a child of constantly raiding through the cupboards for snacks (I wouldn't have been allowed!) but that's precisely what I've been doing for the past however-many years. I feel foolish for not realising it sooner - it really was staring me in the face. I started yesterday (well Sunday really but that was an S day so we'll not count that) and feel so positive, but relaxed about this - I don't have the 'I must do something now' fervour (short-lived) of previous diets. I feel like I lost my way, and now I'm going back to basics - eating how I was brought up to eat.

Phew - that went on a bit! Hello, anyway :D

Sarah

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:22 am

Welcome! This is a sane and sensible way to eat.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

harmony

Post by harmony » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:43 pm

I stumbled across No-S in a similar way you did and had the same AHA moment about why I was so skinny when I was younger and why it is harder for me now. I had suspected that part of my problem was the extra snacking, but I was afraid to commit to trying to eat that way without proof that it would show results. Seeing No-S and the success stories on this site was a huge relief. Anyway, welcome!

Aleria

Post by Aleria » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:18 pm

Welcome! Oh and S days do count - as I remember reading, they're automatic successes because there's no way to fail an S day :D
"I'm not here to decorate your world"
Start: January 2010: 160 pounds, 39" waist
During: December 2010: 152 pounds, 33" waist

Izbiz

Post by Izbiz » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:48 pm

Hi! Good to hear from someone else in the UK!