newbie observation on a first S day

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

andreamuse

newbie observation on a first S day

Post by andreamuse » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:42 pm

First of all, thanks to those of you who have been very welcoming and encouraging on my daily check-in post! This makes it a lot of fun, knowing I can chat with other people doing the same thing! :)

Here's what I'm observing from my first S day after a perfect green five days... Wow, I'm wondering if I really ate like this on a regular basis or whether I'm just cherishing the freedom to eat without guilt today?

Today I had the halves of two different donuts (to equal one large donut, I suppose, lol), a raspberry-lemon muffin (most of it but not all of it), some pinto beans and cheese and about half of a small hot fudge sundae from Dairy Queen (I couldn't finish it, too rich, and I'm a bit lactose intolerant so ice-cream makes me feel woozy if I have too much). I've been nibbling on chips and salsa and raspberries most of today, as well as some other odds and ends. (Whee, for the freedom to snack a bit!) I just had a salad with vinegar and sesame oil and some hazelnut wafer cookies.

But to tell you the truth...I'm now feeling gross! I don't have the desire to have any more sweets today...I might not want any tomorrow, but we'll see. I'll decide if it comes up (like especially if someone offers me something and it looks good at the time).

I actually think I'll be ready for Monday when it comes around...:) I think the main thing I'm enjoying today is not having any restrictions at all AND getting to snack if I want.

The weather has curtailed my walking now two days in a row. Lots of nasty storms and high heat/humidity. I need to find an alternate for days like this because the summer has only just begun!

lbb (Liz)

Post by lbb (Liz) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:22 am

Great observation, andreamuse.
I'm excited to see how this transforms your life, as it is mine.
I have been doing this for about a month now, and am on my 20th day of "21 day" challenge for myself. It's becoming habit so much and I THINK I miss the sweets and snacks until I have my "S DAYS" and then I feel gross, too!
Moderation is what I'm leaning toward. I think I'll try, from now on to make my"S DAYS" like my "N DAYS" but with planned sweets, so not to feel gross.
I don't know.
But, it sounds like you are doing awesome!
Keep it up and I'm here to support!
Liz

andreamuse

Post by andreamuse » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:29 pm

lbb, thank you! That sounds like an eventual plan for me, too, to start making my S days closer to my N days, just with a bit more wiggle room, especially for social situations! :)

Like today on my second S day, I don't have that urge to eat everything I couldn't have during the week. I did have some honey on toast this morning, but I could probably have that occasionally on N days anyway...