My before and after pictures. :-)

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

bluebunny27

My before and after pictures. :-)

Post by bluebunny27 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:15 am

Alright, I know it took me several months ... :-) ... but finally, here are my before and after pictures.
The pictures where I am heavier were all taken in late 2008 ... august, sept. oct. 2008.
I weighed 280 pounds when I started my journey on nov. 1st 2008. I ended up at 190 pounds
on oct. 23rd 2009, just shy of a year later and I have been maintaining since then. (Nearly 8 months ago)

I was surprised actually looking at the pictures side by side ... Took a lot of work to get there so I don't want
to gain any of that weight back, well, at least not more than 5 pounds, heh. Besides I am working out 5-6 times per week,
eating well, so maybe I have more muscles now and less fat than when I ended my journey. (Good explanation !!) ;-)

The pictures where I am thinner were all taken just last week, june 12 2010, I weighed around 192
pounds at the time. Note, I blacked out my eyes since I don't want my face to appear on the internet.
I prefer to be more anonymous. :-)

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/9e3ca303c8.jpg

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/a2ea36f656.jpg

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/6689c50516.jpg

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/04f1da3a7b.jpg

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/0adfeffe5c.jpg

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/49f5cf195d.jpg

(Remove spaces in the links if necessary)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

38 Years Old, 5'10" Tall
Nov. 1st. 2008 : 280 Pounds
Nov. 1st. 2009 : 190 Pounds
(1 Year : - 90 Pounds)

Current Weight : 193 Pounds

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:15 am

Whooo Hooo!!! What great pictures!! I see you even got a skinnier bike!! Be very, very proud of yourself!! You can do anything you set your mind to do!! I am sitting here smiling as though you were one of my kids sending those pics! I am that happy for you!! :D :D :D
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think another negative thought."
Peace Pilgrim

idontknow

Post by idontknow » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:25 am

Amazing pictures!! Well done! You look so much younger in your most recent pictures :D
You've done a fantastic job - an inspiration to us all! :D :D :D

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:12 pm

Way to go!!! ... You look fantastic ... Very fit! :D Thanks for sharing your pics.
Restarted No S (3rd times a charm!) January 2010 at 145 lbs

Starla

Post by Starla » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:43 pm

Congratulations! I can just barely tell it's the same person, and I totally agree with idon'tknow - you look like you lost about 10 years with the 90 pounds! What a wonderful tribute to No S.

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:31 pm

Congratulations, Marc, you look great!
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:05 pm

Congrats Marc! :)
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

dmarie710

Post by dmarie710 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:52 pm

Those picture are very inspiring. Good job.
Denise
restart No S on 4/1 at 132#
goal is 120-123# doing vanilla NoS with Eat Stop Eat on Monday.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:34 am

Marc,

I've long been impressed with your numbers, but to butcher the old cliche, a picture is worth a thousand of those. And these, maybe 10 thousand. Wow. What a striking transformation. You look great, even eyeless :-). And thanks for posting such an abundance of "evidence" -- clearly this isn't just a funny camera angle and some photoshop at work here.

Reinhard

DaveMc

Post by DaveMc » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:41 pm

Fantastic weight loss, but the next time you see your doctor, you should get those black patches on your face looked at. :)

Scrybil

Post by Scrybil » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:55 am

Wow! FIFTEEN years younger! And you look happy~
~Scrybil~

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:53 am

You really do look great! Way to go!

oliviamanda

Post by oliviamanda » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:58 pm

You are so inspiring! Congratualtions on your success.
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:28 pm

Great job!
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:25 pm

********* Woo hoo ! Thanks everyone for being so positive and sorry for the lil' delay replying, I was away for a few days.

Thanks Grammy G ! I didn't get rid of any old pictures where I was a BIG BOY ... it's alright really. Anyway when I see one of those old pictures now it makes me want to stick to my new habits so the weight doesn't come back, so it's all good.

Idontknow - - yes, I think it really makes me look younger too, maybe not 10-15 years .... but at least 5, lol ! You have to get used
to your new face, I remember looking in the mirror and it looked like a different person there.

sophiasapientia, yes, I am a lot more fit now than I used to be. Last night I was doing my pushups and now my max. 1 set is 53, wow ! I was happy seeing the improvement. On june 4th I started doing push ups regularly, 4-5 times per week I do a few sets and when I began my max. 1 set was 45 ... now it's 53 less than 3 weeks later so that's basically a 17% improvement in just 3 weeks, I was PROUD of having accomplished that and of course I'll keep this up so I can improve more. I was even looking into sit up and squat challenges. I know I should do really well doing those too since I already do squats and planks on a regular basis. I like the challenges, lol ! They say if you can do 100 push ups straight, proper form, 200 sit ups and 200 squats - - you are fit. Nice goals, right. I work on my fitness now, getting excited about challenges.

Thanks Starla, oh, I used 'No S' but it was a more extreme version though. I wasn't taking too many off days... I wanted quicker results and one year
straight seemed long enough to me ... although I keep on going now so it never really stopped. Now I just work at getting fitter, not really losing more weight, just getting my body fat % down, getting stronger, more muscles, less fat. My BMI is still in the 27's now but I must have a bit more muscles than some people in the 'Overweight' category (A BMI over 25 puts you in the overweight category) so I'm not too worried about it. Muscles weighs more than fat
in any case. I have noticed lately I seem to be more muscular all over but especially the legs. More muscles - less fat, good combination.

Thanks Too solid flesh, GratefulDeb, dmarie710, Scrybil, clarinetgal, oliviamanda, Nichole, you make me blush, heh. :-)

Thanks Reinhard, yeah, I wish I would have thought of having a photo taken from the side ... maybe later. I don't know how many inches I've lost in total
since I didn't measure myself when I was heavier (I should really have done that !!) I probably went from 50+ inches to 35 around my waist...

I like that when I try on something in my wardrobe everything fits well now too and if I go shopping for clothes I know it won't be hard to find something that fits. That's what got me started back in nov. 2008. I went to the store and couldn't find anything that really fit me well so that's when I decided I should lose weight STAT.

Dave MC - - I hope they can find a cure, hehe ! Sorry about the huh ... black bars ... ;-)

Maintaining is pretty hard of course, just last night I was watching a program called 'Keeping it off' and they were interviewing a few people who had lost a lot of weight, at least 30 pounds, just a year or two ago. Only one out of the 6 or 7 people they talked about was doing well. They had all gained weight back but one woman had only gained back 10 and she was still eating well and training 5 times per week so there was muscle weight of course. All the others had gained most (if not all) the weight back. Many of them even refused to be weighed again to see the change - - so that was pretty shocking. Most seemed to be back to their old habits, hardly exercising, eating burgers and fries, etc. You gotta stick to your habits, or else ...

Thanks again everyone for your kind words.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

38 Years Old, 5'10" Tall

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:18 pm

Marc, It's VERY possible that your higher BMI is because of muscle. I know I've read about people such as Arnold Schwarzenneger and Tom Cruise (?) who have higher BMIs but are very muscular and fit.
I'm also at the point of maintenance right now, and yes, it can be hard, but it sure is worth it. :D

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:03 am

Don't know how I missed these. Just wanted to add that not only do you look good, but you also look now as if you never had a problem! Not to slight your efforts...
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:03 am

Thanks oolala53 & Clarinetgal.

Oh yes, I don't have any PHYSICAL problems now ... it's just the MENTAL part I have to work on ... that would take longer than a year !! ;-)

Muscles, yes. Fat no. :-) Since I do a lot of interval training I probably lost some fat and gained some muscle weight too at the same time. It's weird because I look at the scale and I'm always around 193-195, hangin' there for a month now ... just a lil' heavier than my 190 goal but if I look in the mirror I think I look more muscular than I was 2-3-4 months ago, unless I'm goin' nutz of course, which could really be possible. :-)

To be 100% sure I would have to have my body fat percentage measured precisely ... it's a great way to monitor yourself too so you can avoid worrying about the number on the scale when you are really making progress in other ways, losing fat + gaining muscles, getting stronger, all that is positive too. It's not really all about losing 3 pounds in the end. It reminds me of this guy, he was posting lil' clips on youtube, he was sayin' he was only weighing once a month and having his body fat measured at the same time. 3 months in a row he gained 1-2 pounds but at the same time his body fat percentage was going down so ...... he wasn't too worried about those few pounds extra. ;-)

I train like crazy really, today I worked out of course and looking at my Habitcal I see it's been 11 days in a row now that I have trained at least 35 minutes, more often than not closer to 50 minutes - - high intensity, all that, when I'm training I try to push myself every time so I'm sweating bullets on a daily basis now ...

I plan on taking a day off this saturday, just because I have to attend a birthday party in the early afternoon so it'll be hard to schedule a training session unless I do it at 10am ... I'll probably rest, so that'll be 14 days straight, heh.

I think my personal record when I was losing weight was 35 days in a row straight, that was a lil' crazy too. ;-)

Normally you should take at least one day off per week, it's like I'm 'addicted' to training since nov. 2008 really, I just have to do it, bizarre.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

38 Years Old, 5'10" Tall