Another 101 from Mark Bittman

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

wosnes

Another 101 from Mark Bittman

Post by wosnes » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:30 am

"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:20 pm

Thanks, Wosnes.

These are great. 101 is a lot though! Almost wish he'd narrowed it down a bit -- too much good stuff.

Steaks are defrosting as I write...

Reinhard

la_loser

Bittman on Today Show

Post by la_loser » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 pm

Bittman was on the Today show this morning, doing his regular guest spot, demonstrating some of these recipes--because of trying to grill on the set, he used a table top electric grill but said that of course, using a "real" grill makes it all even better. He grilled some interesting things one would never think of grilling. . . artichokes, avocados-said just a bit of the smoky grilled taste really adds to the flavor of guacamole.

The bacon wrapped hot dogs did look tasty. . . and passed the yummy test on the show! And just think--with No S, a bacon wrapped hot dog is totally acceptable!
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:31 pm

I missed the Today Show today because of an appointment. I'd be grilling on some sort of indoor grill, though.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."