advice about modifications needed...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Cassie

advice about modifications needed...

Post by Cassie » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:54 pm

HI everyone, thought I'd ask the wise people here on NoS for some advice. Basically I've been happily chugging along on NoS for the last 3 months or so, without any red days whatsoever (hurray!) I've also tried adding 15 mins exercise a day for the last month but that hasn't been entirely successful. I've kept in mind KCCC's suggestion of NoS 'phases' or 'stages' and I now feel I have the N days down pat, it doesn't feel like an effort at all to keep the rules going all week, it's become second nature which I'm very happy for.

Given though that I have polycystic ovaries & basically don't lose easily, I haven't seen any significant weight loss: to be honest, I'm just maintaining and I KNOW at this stage that I need to introduce a modification or two. I'd love some advice on what modification to add. Here are some ideas I've been playing with:

-some sort of fasting schedule alternating with normal NoS (was fascinated by the relevant thread). Not sure though what would work, what kind of fasting is best?
-giving up on S days & replacing them (at least for a few months) with 'S events' eg 4 'floating' S events during the week or over the weekend (what's best do you think?)
-going down to one S day per week.
-making some kind of change to WHAT I eat on N Days.

Other ideas? What mods do you think might be easier to follow & more effective for weight loss? I'm keen to keep to the basic NoS structure as closely as possible since I really really don't want to mess up the good work I've done so far!
Restarting NoS (after going back & forth over the last 4 years) in November 2013.

GOAL: to lose 10 kilos.
HAVE ACHIEVED SO FAR: 1.6 kilo

kccc

Post by kccc » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:17 pm

Question: What are your S-days like right now?

The reason I ask is that for a long time I was stable because I was losing during the week, then putting it back on the weekend with "wild" S-days. (And I think a lot of people do that.) So, making my S-days more "sane" helped a lot. That's a whole list of strategies, and I won't bother listing them if not applicable.

Of the mods you listed, I'd do the last first - looking at N-day meals a bit. Maybe count the calories for a few days, and cut down on any egregiously-high items. OR just work with "eat more fruits/veg and cut down on ___" (whatever you know is probably over the top).

Besides, looking at meals every now and then to see what might make them more healthy isn't a bad idea. :) "Five degrees of change" adds up over time.

Good luck!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:19 pm

I would do two things:

1. Look at exactly what you're eating on N days. I'd make sure to be concentrating more on the foods that are lower in calorie density, that is, vegetables. Be it salads or cooked vegetables or vegetable soups or whatever. Fruit, too.

2. I wouldn't have days in which I could eat whatever all day long, but allow yourself a treat twice a week. I think for a lot of us, especially us ladies, that means a) dessert or b) chocolate or c) chocolate dessert!

Having said that, I sometimes have a sandwich and depending on the sandwich may have chips. I don't consider it a treat; it's part of the meal. It might not be the wisest choice, but it keeps me from feeling deprived.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

vmsurbat

Post by vmsurbat » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:34 pm

My advice: what step(s) could you live with long term? One main reason NoS works so well is that once you have the habit down, you just keep doing it for life...

FWIW, here are my thoughts on your proposals....
-some sort of fasting schedule alternating with normal NoS (was fascinated by the relevant thread). Not sure though what would work, what kind of fasting is best?
I am not an expert on fasting, so I don't know which "kind" is best. I do know that *I* personally could not live with that as we host quite a few people over meals every week and have many long-term guests stay with us...
-giving up on S days & replacing them (at least for a few months) with 'S events' eg 4 'floating' S events during the week or over the weekend (what's best do you think?)
I personally found floating NoS's too hard to count (see my 2 year testimonial in the testimonial forum--it was too much decision making on a daily basis). However, others have successfully incorporated floating S's into their week.

I think your idea of limiting "S's" over the weekend is an excellent idea. There is no need to be over-the-top with the freedom weekends bring... In fact, the original NoS mantra included "sometimes".... Also, I'm not sure I would consider taming down weekends (assuming that you believe you have been overdoing it a bit) a mod. I naturally went from dessert at every meal, seconds at half my meals to virtually two desserts per weekend and virtually no seconds all because those behaviors no longer appeal to me. I like to be hungry for my meals--even on the weekends! Smaller and fewer desserts satisfy me now just as much as my bigger portions did in the beginning.

-going down to one S day per week.

This is also a possibility if you foresee being able to carry this through long term. I would find it challenging long term because Fridays are our family night and Sundays (my two S days) we always have people over after church.

The reason I emphasize "long term" is because if you lose weight with these mods and then drop the mods, you are very likely to gain back what you lost... That is true for any "diet" behavior....
-making some kind of change to WHAT I eat on N Days.
This seems like a reasonable step to take along with any others. I know that I've periodically recorded my calories (no more than three days--just enough to see if I'm being reasonable and to help with portion sizes. Cheese has a way of sneaking too many calories into my meals..... I've also gone through phases of trying a new veggie every week, and the "half my plate should be veggies/fruits/salads". I never viewed them as "mods" per se, just normal behavior from someone who wants to eat tasty and reasonably healthy meals. And the periodic check helps to keep me from sliding into nothing but meat-n-starchy carb meals....

I think it is terrific that you have gotten Ndays down--that is a great accomplishment. You are in a good position to build on to those new habits. Just choose your next step wisely, evaluate in several months, and see where you end up. Just remember that consistent Ndays in the long run will do you the most good....

Best wishes for continued success,
Vicki in MNE
7! Yrs. with Vanilla NoS, down 55+lb, happily maintaining and still loving it!

Spudd

Post by Spudd » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:09 pm

Rather than modifying your diet at this point, what about focusing on the exercise piece? You said you haven't been entirely successful at 15 minutes per day. So it seems like there's room for improvement there. If you can successfully do 15 minutes per day, consistently, that might help.

Also, since you were a dieter before, 3 months may still be in the "omg I can eat whatever I want on weekends" phase. I think this will settle down over time. Trying to restrict it more may end up having the opposite effect to what you desire.

Cassie

Post by Cassie » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:31 pm

All these suggestions are very helpful, thanks so much.

As for the exercise, yes I haven't been entirely successful. THe reason is that my schedule is a bit all over the place at the moment so it hasn't been the best time to organise things regarding exercise. I think there's a lot (A LOT) of room for improvement on the exercise front. But what I want to do is do both in parallel, ie work on improving my exercise but also make a significant change in my eating habits as I know that will give me, at this point, a much needed boost to continue.

I see everyone's point about not making changes that feel too radical. So, for one thing, I do think I need the 1 complete S day per week, so I'll keep that. It's true that I'm still at that stage where I overdo it slightly on weekends so I'll keep an eye on that. To be honest I feel it's the sweets that makes for the most important 's' so perhaps I should just keep in mind, on my one full S day, to just have sweets if I need/want them, and not necessarily seconds/snacks (unless there's a good reason).

I think it makes sense to take out the second S day altogether BUT allow myself 2 floating S events during the week in its place, with the provision that they don't have to be used- only there for exceptional times-, and can be saved, if that makes sense.

I also think I definitely need to keep an eye on what I eat on N days. So, for example, most mornings I have 2 slices toast, buttered, with marmalade & some fruit. I'm trying to replace that, consistently, with porridge /fruit or muesli/yoghurt/fruit. For dinner, sometimes I have big (too big) plates of spaghetti bolognaise or risotto with veggies, so I think I'll try to concentrate on protein & veggie meals, and salads with protein or soup for lunch. But I'm going to do this just informally, without making a rule out of it, keeping in mind that if one one particular day per month or whatever I need the pasta then I'll have it. What I don't want is to put myself in a position that the diet feels too restrictive, and then blow it altogether out of frustration.

So, to reiterate:

-1 full S day per week (keeping an eye on not overdoing it!)
-in addition, 2 'floating' S events during the week, which can be saved
-veggie plus protein meals during the week, generally lighter options chosen, unless there's a real need for something more fatty.
-in parallel, think about exercise & get going on that.

How does it sound?
Restarting NoS (after going back & forth over the last 4 years) in November 2013.

kccc

Post by kccc » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:45 pm

What I don't want is to put myself in a position that the diet feels too restrictive, and then blow it altogether out of frustration.
What you said here is the critical piece... and only you can judge. :)

However, I think I'd put in one change at a time, just so I could better track how each was working. Which reminds me... have you listened to the "mods and tweaks" podcast trilogy yet? It's excellent.

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:13 pm

I was on NO S last year and was very successful. However, after reaching my goal (actually below) I went back to where I was.

I am back, mainly for the support and reinforcement as I think we all really know how to eat properly - we just don't. 8)

This time, I am more or less N days all the time, with very rare exception - it is not like I am giving up anything healthy to not eat the cookies, chips, etc. on the weekends - just because it is an S day.

My new mantra is, Is this healthy for me? If so, I eat it - If not, I do not unless it is an occasion where it would be an obvious "scene' - turning down a piece of birthday cake or something and then everybody would say WHAT, are you DIETING? You don't need to, that can't be healthy - blah blah.

So I just go about my daily life eating well - every day. :wink:

I also think exercise is very important for our overall well being, not just weight control. I have to get in 45 mins of vigorous exercise a day (rare that I miss and if I do, my mental health and mood suffer. :shock: )

I am near goal so if I continue to lose, I will just have to add more healthy food not add back the junk like I did last time.
Berry

vmsurbat

Post by vmsurbat » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:04 am

Cassie wrote: As for the exercise, yes I haven't been entirely successful. THe reason is that my schedule is a bit all over the place at the moment so it hasn't been the best time to organise things regarding exercise.
I completely understand about schedules being all over the place. I have many "interruptions" in my day (which in another sense aren't interruptions at all but part and parcel with life) and find it hard to carve out exclusive times for "exercise." However, I have had *great* success with popping on a pedometer and striving for 10,000 steps per day. I started out at a mere average of 3000-4000 steps but have gradually over the past 6 months increased my average to more than 9000. Yesterday I was able to record an amazing 20,000+ steps for one day! And it all took place in "going about my business."

Making a commitment to walking has been very much a "NoS experience" in that the more I do it, the easier it gets. And the results build up slowly over time, eventually equalling or surpassing those gained with more strenuous but intermittent workout schedules.

I ultimately became convinced of its efficacy when learning that committing to 10,000 steps a day (on average) puts a person into an "Active Lifestyle category" and 12,000 steps into "Very active" which are the two "highest" categories....

Best wishes in finding the exercise routine that fits *your* life,
Vicki in MNE
7! Yrs. with Vanilla NoS, down 55+lb, happily maintaining and still loving it!

kwidener7

Post by kwidener7 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:33 pm

Cassie,

As another woman with polycystic ovaries, I just wanted to chime in a let you know what works for me.

First, I noticed that you had a lot of refined carbs and/or grains on your current menu and I fully agree (from what I've read and what I've experienced) that you should work on more protein and veggies with meals. Also consider the fact that you don't have to have breakfast foods for breakfast. Have meat and veggies for breakfast if you want, but if you do a cereal, I would suggest including an egg (I like boiled because I can cook them on the weekend and just grab one to have with my fruit and yogurt in the morning). I have also found that I NEED meat (vegetarianism messed with my hormones and weight soooo bad).

Second, even if it's just twice a week, some kind of resistance/strength training will help so much with this problem. I know Reinhard suggests shovelglove, but try things like yoga and pilates as well. There are great apps out there for phones and iPods that allow you to adjust the times and repetitions so that they are around or just under 14 minutes. It will seem like such a short time, but will probably do wonders for you. Plus if you're like me, yoga and breathing will do wonders for your stress level.

Best of luck and remember, do what works for you and not what works for someone else just because THEY say it is the best!

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:07 pm

kwidener7 wrote:remember, do what works for you
and not what works for someone else
just because THEY say it is the best!
I totally agree with the above-statement.Image
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

Cassie

Post by Cassie » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:11 am

OK returning to this thread & bumping it up because I've started to get a few too many reds on my HabitCal in the last couple of weeks!

This is not just random. I'm still on holiday abroad (visiting family) & we've already been here more than 2 weeks, & have 10 more days. Holidays always, always completely mess up my successful NoSing... :(

The second problem is that my 2 year old has started waking up much more frequently in the night (for various reasons, that's another story). So my partner & I are both tired, bickinering, and (in my case) eating more!

Third though, the modifications I thought I'd do haven't really worked. I think the idea of one full S day & 2-3 S events just doesn't work for me. It's too complex!

I either need to move to just 3 or 4 S events per week (with no full S days) OR to move onto a system of just one S day per week. What do you think might work better / is easier to maintain?

I also haven't been successful in all the other modifications I was hoping to make. But then again I think I was aiming for too many things at the same time!

So please help me clarify things again & get back on track before it's too late... I've been disappointed one too many times :( .

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:18 pm

Well, what's working for me is to only have S days only on holidays or very special occasions and have several S events weekly. Some weeks there are no events because that's the way it works out. Other weeks there may be quite a few S events, but no more than one daily. To me it seems to be a more natural, normal way to do things.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cassie

Post by Cassie » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:42 pm

Wosnes, thanks for that.

Can I ask: do you have rules about how many S events per week? And if you don't use them, do you then bank them?

It somehow feels to me that if I don't have a very clear number / rule in my mind of what's allowed, things tend to go a bit haywire.

In order to promote weight loss (I've been stalled for aaaaages now) do you think I should do something like 3 S events per week? Does that seem excessive / or not enough?

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:44 pm

My issue has always been sweets and sweet snacks. I allow myself one daily. I don't always use it, but I do allow it. I don't get to eat extra (unless it's one of those S days) because I didn't have something one day or one week.

My sweets usually aren't big calorie laden desserts, but a few cookies or a muffin or a serving of pudding. 99.5% of the time, it's something homemade.

I generally cook only for myself and I've learned to make one serving of pudding. If I bake cookies or muffins or brownies, etc., I put single servings in baggies and freeze them. Not only is that an "out of sight, out of mind" thing, I don't own a microwave anymore and it takes time for these to thaw at room temperature.

By the way, I determined that a serving is something that fits in one layer in the palm of my hand. So, it would be one muffin or brownie or piece of cake or pie (I rarely make cake or pie, though). Cookies vary. Sometimes it's only one, occasionally it's four -- depends on the size of the cookie.

When I have the treat, I don't eat it mindlessly while I'm doing something else. I make a cup of coffee or tea and sit down and enjoy my treat.

connorcream

Post by connorcream » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:32 pm

Cassie wrote:OK returning to this thread & bumping it up because I've started to get a few too many reds on my HabitCal in the last couple of weeks!

This is not just random. I'm still on holiday abroad (visiting family) & we've already been here more than 2 weeks, & have 10 more days. Holidays always, always completely mess up my successful NoSing... :(

So please help me clarify things again & get back on track before it's too late... I've been disappointed one too many times :( .
It is quite possible to lose while visiting family, taking trips, traveling for various reasons. It is not probable that one will do so without a preconceived plan of how to accomplish this.

So my question is, "What is YOUR plan?" Have you given YOUR plan enough time to discern causality from correlation? Is your health, of which a healthy weight is an essential element, your tip top priority?

When I answered these questions, I found the plan that works fabulously well for ME. No deprivation. No stalls. No plateaus. A trim, fit healthy me that is doable long term. Not that this is possible for all, just that it is what happened with me. But I had as one of my mantras, "I did not want a SELF induced plateau." If I really stalled, I wanted to honestly know I could not have done better for myself than I did. My health was a tip top priority that I was not giving to anyone else, ever again.

Heading into my 5 month of maintanence and ever grateful for it.
connorcream
5'8.5"
48 yrs
Started calorie counting
10/6/2009
start/current
192/mid 120's maintaining
Maintaining a year

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:28 am

That's a good insight, Connorcream! I just got back from vacation, and I totally and completely blew it with my eating. I definitely should have had a plan and stuck with it. I have now spent all week working to take off the weight I gained on my trip, and it has not been a fun week. Oh well. Lesson learned. Before I go on my next trip, I will definitely come up with an eating plan I can stick with.

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:04 pm

I have an unusual mod that I've been doing for a few weeks. It's based more out of a desire to take action on climate change than concerns about weight.

I've eliminated most animal products at breakfast and lunch. I do use a little milk in my cereal and coffee. Meat and cheese are for dinner. I haven't decided what to do about eggs yet. I don't want to make this too complicated.

Right now, I eat whole grains, fruits, vegetables and legumes. Nuts too if I could remember them.

I know this isn't for everyone and I'm not trying to stand on a soap box but I'm just putting it out there.

Although, I did have some ice cream after lunch today w/o thinking. This is still a work in progress.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:52 pm

Blithe Morning wrote:I have an unusual mod that I've been doing for a few weeks. It's based more out of a desire to take action on climate change than concerns about weight.

I've eliminated most animal products at breakfast and lunch. I do use a little milk in my cereal and coffee. Meat and cheese are for dinner. I haven't decided what to do about eggs yet. I don't want to make this too complicated.

Right now, I eat whole grains, fruits, vegetables and legumes. Nuts too if I could remember them.

I know this isn't for everyone and I'm not trying to stand on a soap box but I'm just putting it out there.

Although, I did have some ice cream after lunch today w/o thinking. This is still a work in progress.
I've done something similar for about 10 years. I don't consider it a modification; it's the way I eat. While I may eat dairy or eggs before dinner, I don't eat meat/poultry/fish until dinner. I don't eat a lot of whole grains because I don't like them, but I do eat legumes daily.

I'm fairly flexible about it, though. If I'm in a situation where there's something I want for lunch that includes meat, I'll have it. Sometimes if I have meat before dinner, I'll have a meatless dinner.

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:46 pm

wosnes wrote: I don't eat a lot of whole grains because I don't like them, but I do eat legumes daily.
You are the bean queen! I used your recipe to start making chili beans at home and wow! They are so much better than anything in a can, even Bush's. It helps that I have the seasoning down right, but the beans themselves are just right taste and texture wise.

Now I just have to find a good sauce for the BBQ beans. The actual white beans themselves turn out good. I don't have that sweet spot of tang and sweetness though. :?

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:59 pm

Blithe Morning wrote:
wosnes wrote: I don't eat a lot of whole grains because I don't like them, but I do eat legumes daily.
You are the bean queen! I used your recipe to start making chili beans at home and wow! They are so much better than anything in a can, even Bush's. It helps that I have the seasoning down right, but the beans themselves are just right taste and texture wise.

Now I just have to find a good sauce for the BBQ beans. The actual white beans themselves turn out good. I don't have that sweet spot of tang and sweetness though. :?
I'm still looking for that sweet spot!

I've almost totally stopped using canned beans. They're just too darned easy to make from scratch -- not to mention cheaper. I'm thinking of cooking some pinto beans today and using them in chili. It's cool enough here (today, anyway) that chili sounds good.

It was 48 when I got up this morning. Of course, it will get up to 90 again later in the week.

harpista

Post by harpista » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:06 pm

Blithe Morning wrote:

Is this recipe around? Am I just missing something? :wink:
Nulla palma sine pulvere.
'No garland of victory without first the dust of the arena.'

Sometimesians, unite!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:31 pm

I think what Blithe Morning is referring to is how I cook beans/legumes. I cook all of them this way, no matter what kind of dish they'll end up as.

1 cup dry beans, rinsed and picked over (about a half pound)
5 cups hot water
1 tablespoon olive oil, butter or bacon fat
1 onion, chopped

Put all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours.

If you want to cook the whole pound of beans, double the ingredients and use the same times.

I also frequently add more vegetables to this and make soup.

harpista

Post by harpista » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:26 pm

wosnes wrote:I think what Blithe Morning is referring to is how I cook beans/legumes. I cook all of them this way, no matter what kind of dish they'll end up as.

5 cups hot water
1 onion, chopped

If you want to cook the whole pound of beans, double the ingredients and use the same times.

Thank you very much!

Time to get the slow cooker out from under the stairs :lol:
Nulla palma sine pulvere.
'No garland of victory without first the dust of the arena.'

Sometimesians, unite!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:00 pm

I've used this method with Great Northern beans, pinto beans (and made refried beans), black beans, cannelini beans, kidney beans, chickpeas (and made hummus) and lentils (which always end up being soup), and probably a couple of others that I can't remember right now. They always turn out great. I've combined beans, too. For me, chickpeas, lentils and cannelini beans are a favorite combo -- it's that Italian/Mediterranean thing!

I taught a neighbor this method and she uses a 16-bean mix and makes soup. I plan on using cannelini beans today and making white bean and escarole soup.

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:40 pm

wosnes wrote:I think what Blithe Morning is referring to is how I cook beans/legumes. I cook all of them this way, no matter what kind of dish they'll end up as.

5 cups hot water
1 onion, chopped

Yes, that's the one. I actually cook them five hours on high, and use two tablespoons fat, usually olive oil. I arrived at that modification purely by accident and realized I liked them better. Start with the recipe as written though, because those are darn good and a good starting place.

kccc

Post by kccc » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:23 am

5 cups hot water
1 onion, chopped

So you don't soak the beans? just curious - it would take less time, but I wonder if you might get more gas....

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:49 am

No, I don't soak the beans. The source I got it from said no soaking was necessary. I usually don't have issues with beans and gas unless I've not eaten beans for a long time.

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:03 am

wosnes wrote: Now I just have to find a good sauce for the BBQ beans. The actual white beans themselves turn out good. I don't have that sweet spot of tang and sweetness though. :?
Reviving this thread because I think I'm closer to the sweet spot.

8 oz Great Northern Beans
5 cups water
4 chopped strips bacon
1/2 onion, chopped
sprinkle kosher salt
1 T brown sugar
1 t French's mustard

Cook on high in Crockpot for 4-5 hours. This makes about 5 cups. After cooking, add 1/8 cup (approx 2 T) ketchup for every cup of cooked beans you want to serve.

For example, tonight it was just my son and I for dinner so I used a cup of cooked beans and froze the rest.

It made darn good beans. I could probably dial back the bacon, though if I were making beans and bacon to put over corn bread I would keep it at four strips.

And yes, it works perfectly to not soak the beans first.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:24 pm

I just started experimenting with what I think might be a very promising mod myself (I was on vacation and wanted a rule to help me relax about all the S-days): "No Solitary Snacking -- even on S-days."

I posted about it on the "tweaks and mods" thread:

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic ... 419#105419

Nicest of the damned has also been practicing something similar for some time now.

What I like about it is that there's really no down side -- the only thing you're giving up is "scratch an itch" eating that isn't really enjoyable anyway. Frankly, I'm doing it myself NOT to lose any more weight but precisely because I don't like this kind of eating and it impairs my enjoyment of S-days, so for "qualitative" reasons. But I think it could be a big "quantitative" help for others with weight to lose if S-days are out of control.

As for beans, I'm a big fan myself -- had leftover dinner beans (Cannellini and Fava with Brocolli Rabe and turkey ham) for breakfast this morning. I have to admit, though, that I'm often lazy and just open a can. I know it doesn't taste quite as good, but it's not bad, and I think still approximately as nutritious?

Reinhard

jellybeans01

Post by jellybeans01 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:05 am

I would do one s day. That is my personal opinion, that is what I do normally because I would never lose if I had 2 s days.

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:12 am

jellybeans01 wrote:I would do one s day. That is my personal opinion, that is what I do normally because I would never lose if I had 2 s days.
I think I like this one best, well beside Reinhards suggesting about no snacking in private..

I plan to try have 1 S day this weekend..now it will be either Sat or Sun, probably Sat. I will only work on taming my Sun down for now..

Good luck!
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:25 am

reinhard wrote:As for beans, I'm a big fan myself -- had leftover dinner beans (Cannellini and Fava with Brocolli Rabe and turkey ham) for breakfast this morning. I have to admit, though, that I'm often lazy and just open a can. I know it doesn't taste quite as good, but it's not bad, and I think still approximately as nutritious?
Oh, I'm sure they are still as nutritious. I mean, it's not like cooking them takes out all the nutrients. I keep a few cans on hand just in case.