10 Things You Need to Know About Losing Weight

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Eileen7316

10 Things You Need to Know About Losing Weight

Post by Eileen7316 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:17 pm

Following is a link to a BBC documentary that I found quite fascinating:

http://documentaryheaven.com/10-things- ... ng-weight/

Warning: It is an hour long, but don't pass it over because of that. It's really quite good.

I was quite surprised by a few of the things they talked about; 1) soup fills you up longer, 2) low-fat dairy helps your body eliminate more fat, and 3) exercise makes your body burn calories even when you are finished exercising.

Yes, I had heard some of these things, but this documentary gives you the science behind HOW it works. Oh, and they even mention using a smaller plate! :D
Eileen

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:49 am

Yes, I started a thread about this documentary last year ...
here's the link where you can find comments from
various people and whatnot.

http://bit.ly/9Xam2J

It's funny I thought it was just 6-7 months ago I had sent the original message but it was over a year ago ... time flies - - when you're dieting&training... ;-)

I see from my old signature in that thread that I weighed around 214 pounds back then... I was still a BIG BOY. :-) I got almost a year of near maintenance now - - rock n' rollin' between 189 and 198 most of that time.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

38 Years Old, 5'10" Tall
Nov. 1st. 2008 : 280 Pounds
Nov. 1st. 2009 : 190 Pounds
(1 Year : - 90 Pounds)

Current Weight : 194 Pounds

Graham

Post by Graham » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:22 am

I watched the show last night, and read the old thread this morning - interesting stuff.

The one thing that leapt out at me as plain wrong was the "don't skip meals" - I combine intermittent fasting with No S, which is definitely skipping meals, and it certainly does lead to weight-loss.

I'm one of several people on this board using IF, it may not be everybody's favourite strategy, it isn't always easy, but for those who like to combine it with No S, it is effective.