Back After A LONG Time Away.....Not Doing Well

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

RJLupin

Back After A LONG Time Away.....Not Doing Well

Post by RJLupin » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:05 pm

Well, I'm back after months away. Sadly, after a great start, I didn't do so well in the end. I did lost about 20 pounds, and I felt great because it was like I had conquered my food addiction and I wasn't snacking and eating junk all the time. Unfortunately, as so often happens, I started to "slip" and before you know it, I was back to snacking and gorging 24/7 and gained back all the weight and then some. I'm now heavier than I've ever been, save once, and it's really alarming me.

I really do think I have a physical addiction to some foods. Candy (especially chocolate) and sugary sodas are like a drug to me, and if I cut them out I feel miserable and depressed (but eating or drinking one will, within minutes, restore me to feeling well.) The doctor has prescribed me a medicine for my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which also happens to suppress appetite, so hopefully once I start that I'll be able to go back on No S and stick with it. No S, I am still convinced, is still the best "diet" out there, and the only one I ever plan on using again.

It's not all bad news, though. Oddly enough, I am more self accepting now than ever before. I no longer care so much about my weight, and no longer beat myself up being "bad" or unlovable because I am heavy. I mean, I'm not happy about it, but I've taken up several hobbies and interests that do not revolve around my appearance, and I think it's helped out a lot.

So, here we go again! I'll try and make today a perfect day; I tell myself "you just have to make it ONE day" every day, which makes it seem like less of a chore. Wish me luck!

Aleria

Post by Aleria » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:17 pm

Hey, nice to see you back ^^ we started about the same time, and while I can't say I know how you feel, I also took a few months off from No-S and felt so relieved when the school year started and I was back on it.
Good luck, you can do it :D
"I'm not here to decorate your world"
Start: January 2010: 160 pounds, 39" waist
During: December 2010: 152 pounds, 33" waist

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:11 pm

Hi RJ, Nice to see you on here again. I went off NoS while on vacation and gained about 10# in a few weeks. Am trying to get back on. Had a HUGE plate of food at a social supper the other day, they passed out styrofoam TRAYS for us to eat off, so one plate can be a lot. More power to you for trying again. I'm right behind you.
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:44 pm

Welcome back! I wondered what happened to you.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

connorcream

Post by connorcream » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:54 pm

I remember you. I look forward to hearing of your success.
connorcream
5'8.5"
48 yrs
Started calorie counting
10/6/2009
start/current
192/mid 120's maintaining
Maintaining a year

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:13 pm

Yeah, it's hard ! You have to be really focused because it would be easy to gain weight. I just finished my 1st year of 'near' maintenance so I am pleased ... haven't gained too much weight back and it's probably MUSCLES anyway as I keep training hard and eating well (most of the time !) so it can be done. It's never really easy of course. Baby steps is the way to go, so try to be good and exercise a lil' bit every day at least. That should help !

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

38 Years Old, 5'10" Tall
Nov. 1st. 2008 : 280 Pounds
Nov. 1st. 2009 : 190 Pounds
(1 Year : - 90 Pounds)

Current Weight : 193 Pounds

RJLupin

Post by RJLupin » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:58 pm

Thanks, everybody! Yeah, I'm still around. To be fair to me, I've got a lot of health problems (chronic pain, chronic fatigue) that tend to keep me indoors and inactive. Unfortunately, I tend to eat out of boredom/depression, and I've got a ravenous sugar addiction that's very hard to beat.

In good news, though, the new med the doctor prescribed to treat my severe chronic fatigue ALSO works as an appetite suppressant; my cravings for sweets (well, for anything really) are suddenly gone. Going back on No S is going to be a breeze now, AND I've got enough energy suddenly to get up and do things.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:06 pm

Welcome back! Sorry you've been through a rough patch... sounds like you're in a better place psychologically at least.

Best of luck making No-s stickier this time around and looking forward to hearing more,

Reinhard