New Years + Weekend = 3 S Days in a row... NERVOUS

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gettheweightoff

New Years + Weekend = 3 S Days in a row... NERVOUS

Post by gettheweightoff » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:01 pm

With New Years Eve tonight and then the weekend I would be entitled to 3 S days in a row. I have only been doing this for 5 days and am just getting my footing. I am very nervous I am going to mess this up with three S days.

Any advice?

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:16 pm

Yea, you might mess up a little. Don't worry about it. Everything gets back to normal on Monday. But remember, S days are NOT a license to overindulge. They're to relax and enjoy yourself.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Starla

Post by Starla » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:24 pm

Remember: you cannot fail on S days! Relax and enjoy.

Sharpie

Post by Sharpie » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:29 pm

I have been thinking this too- I don't know about three S days in a row... I'm not worried about ruining my calorie balance, that'll sort itself eventually, but I JUST started. I'm worried that Monday will come and I'll decide just to keep eating like I did over the holiday. I am thinking of pushing dinner till late so that I eat it when I go out this evening with friends rather than eating dinner and second dinner, which I know will make me uncomfortably overfull. :wink:
"If you only do what you know you can do, you never do very much.†-Tom Krause

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:39 pm

Sharpie wrote: I'm worried that Monday will come and I'll decide just to keep eating like I did over the holiday.
Well, if that's what you decide to do, then that's your decision, your choice. I don't think that's the decision you want to make, though.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Nicest of the Damned

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:37 pm

Overindulgence is not mandatory on S days, but it's not a good idea to stick to the same restrictions you have on N days, either. No S is about moderation, and this is another example of needing to find a middle path.

What I would do on some of my early S days is buy a special treat for myself for sometime during the weekend. It should be a small treat, or something that could be consumed in small quantities.
Sharpie wrote:I have been thinking this too- I don't know about three S days in a row... I'm not worried about ruining my calorie balance, that'll sort itself eventually, but I JUST started. I'm worried that Monday will come and I'll decide just to keep eating like I did over the holiday.
There's nothing you can do about that until Monday. There's no use in worrying about it now. Worrying about it now is accomplishing nothing and making you feel bad. Don't borrow trouble, as my mom used to say.
Sharpie wrote:I am thinking of pushing dinner till late so that I eat it when I go out this evening with friends rather than eating dinner and second dinner, which I know will make me uncomfortably overfull.
If today is an S day for you, there's always the option of having a snack at your regular dinner time, then having your "real" dinner later.

Sharpie

Post by Sharpie » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:02 pm

wosnes wrote:Well, if that's what you decide to do, then that's your decision, your choice. I don't think that's the decision you want to make, though.
:oops: You're right, of course. I just have to reframe how I think about it. Nicest of the Damned, you make a great point. I AM borrowing trouble, and that doesn't help me or anyone else.
"If you only do what you know you can do, you never do very much.†-Tom Krause

gettheweightoff

Post by gettheweightoff » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:44 am

Well, I blew it big time on my first S day. I had dinner scheduled for 5-6 hours after my lunch but we were out and it got later and later so I had my treat but because I was starving I had something else, this led to something else. I ate my dinner plus extra bread and now I feel stuffed, like I went way overboard and I do not like S days at all.

I have a very binge eating problem and for the first 4 1/2 days (up until tonight) I felt great without snacking and had no desire to binge but as soon as I snacked I started to get out of control.

Does anyone here do straight Non S days and I know it's not really recommended and I know you are not supposed to "be an idiot" but I can't help it... the snacking sort of leads me down a bad path.

:cry:

kccc

Post by kccc » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:56 am

gettheweightoff wrote:Well, I blew it big time on my first S day.
You can't fail on an S-day.
...now I feel stuffed, like I went way overboard ... I know you are not supposed to "be an idiot" but I can't help it... the snacking sort of leads me down a bad path.
That too, is part of the learning process. Over time, you will do this less because you remember (on a deep physical/emotional level, not just in your head) that you don't like it.

In the meantime, be gentle with yourself and just keep on keeping on. :)

Nicest of the Damned

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:23 pm

gettheweightoff wrote:the snacking sort of leads me down a bad path.
Snacking is not mandatory on S days. If it leads you down a bad path, then you could try not doing it.

But I think you're being too hard on yourself here. This was your first S day on No S. You can't expect to be perfect at this diet right out of the gate. That's just not the way it works. You learn better habits and build more willpower as you go along.

This diet does get easier as you are on it longer. Right now, you're fighting normal temptations to overeat, as we all are, as well as your bad old eating habits. Once you've been on No S a while, you establish better habits, and your habits fight on your side.

I'd give yourself a month or two on vanilla No S. If your S days are still wild then, you can think about a mod to hold them in check.