Can S Days Undo the Work of Non S Days?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gettheweightoff

Can S Days Undo the Work of Non S Days?

Post by gettheweightoff » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:55 am

Hi everyone,

I'm sure this has been asked at some point but if I overeat on my S days won't that undermine and maybe even wreck the good work I've done on N days. I don't want to sabotage my good efforts with overdoing it which I already did on my first S day.

Thanks!

Kapluska

Post by Kapluska » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:58 am

This is exactly what happens to me every time. I was not yet able to do NoS for more than a week. It´s always the same - 5 perfect N days, out of control week-end and abandon due to lost motivation. I went through this cycle several times. I like the idea of floating S events which I am trying right now. It seems that 2 whole days of complete liberty are demotivating for me.

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:22 pm

It's all about building habits. Try not to worry too much about crazy S days in the beginning. Just work on making your N Days N Days and your S Days S Days. Habit, habit, habit. Get some time under your belt before you start being concerned about S Days gone wild. You have time! It's not a race.
"Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there some day." ~Winnie the Pooh ~

A Flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms!

Diets Don't Work.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:45 pm

I agree with ZippaDee.

I don't think we should look at most S days as being days to eat whatever you want whenever you want it -- as Kapluska said, "complete liberty." I think that is as abnormal as not taking S days. I think complete liberty should be reserved for no more than 3-4 days per year and that other S days are a time to relax and enjoy yourself a little without going overboard.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:05 pm

There's always the option of a certain number of "S events" per week rather than potentially idiotic (I speak of myself here) "wild" S days. It is helping me to do it that way.
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

Nicest of the Damned

Re: Can S Days Undo the Work of Non S Days?

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:01 pm

gettheweightoff wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm sure this has been asked at some point but if I overeat on my S days won't that undermine and maybe even wreck the good work I've done on N days. I don't want to sabotage my good efforts with overdoing it which I already did on my first S day.

Thanks!
According to this WebMD article, probably not:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/what ... overeating

According to the article, it's typical even for non-No-S'ers to eat more on the weekends than on weekdays. That won't sabotage your diet, as long as you are eating well the rest of the week.

You didn't gain all the extra weight you have now by overeating on one day. You gained it by overeating every day, or at least overeating more days than not.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:18 am

Article or no article, yes, of course they can. Even Reinhard states either in the book or on the No S pages or both that if a person is going to consistently ignore the signals of satiety on S days, even No S can't help him/her. But that is true for just about any fat loss system a person chooses. I know if my S days weren't so wild, I would have lost more weight this year, and have hovered for quite awhile. But I don't believe any other plan is better than this and I have made 2011 the year to conquer S days.

In any case, if you haven't had a couple of months of mostly green N days, it's way too early to worry about S days. Go back and read the Stages of No S thread. Remember, you can always return to calorie targets. In fact, sticking to 3 meals a day will probably make calorie targets a lot easier. But you may not have to.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)