A different kind of victory

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Sinnie

A different kind of victory

Post by Sinnie » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:43 pm

Today I went to the library to drop off a book I had borrowed. While I was there I figured I would look around a bit. Now, my *favourite* section has always been "diet books." Without thinking, I subconsciously found myself in that area. Then I realized, without even picking up or scanning one diet book, "what a boring, irritating section, I don't need to be here." So instead I grabbed a history book and a belly dancing dvd workout. Two of many things I have always meant to check out.

I have my life back. I am free to learn new things and expand my mind. This sounds silly, but when you are obsessed with wanting to lose weight or figure out how you should be eating (because the diets have screwed you up so badly), this is huge. This difference lies in not even wanting to read up on a new diet because it no longer holds appeal whatsoever. I feel like No S is the best kept secret that everyone should know!!! If people still want their fads, they can have 'em - it's not for me anymore.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:23 am

Yay Cynthia!!!!
That's a great victory!!!

Looking at other diets at this point is like saying...
"Even though I know the truth about diets, I'm going to just keep lying to myself that that can work"
No one really wants to lie to themselves once they have discovered a profound truth...
NoS is the truth, and that's the best!!!

Good girl!
LOL...

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:50 am

Good for you! i have found myself doing the same thing...i actually have quiet a few diet books on my shelf that i am planning to donate to the library. there is no sense in keeping them since i don't plan to use them anymore! :lol:

Keep up the good work!
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

Sandy

Post by Sandy » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:28 pm

It is liberating, isn' it? I recycled all my diet books and it felt wonderful. I also would always pick up the magazines at the grocery stand that was touting the lastest diet - not any longer. I may flip through them while standing in line, but I sort of chuckle.

I have told people of this plan and no one is interested - what is wrong with them?

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:37 pm

So true, isn't it Sandy...people are not interested in common sense plans. It's almost too easy, and they want difficult or something.

I don't even bother telling people. They are going to keep doing what they think is the answer, and they will keep getting the same results. So I smugly do my thing, and can't help but feel self-righteous that I am no longer falling for those fads.

anniede

Post by anniede » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:14 pm

Cynthia wrote:So true, isn't it Sandy...people are not interested in common sense plans. It's almost too easy, and they want difficult or something.
I know what you mean. My DH is low carbing and driving me slowly insane with his weird logic as to what's low carb and what isn't. Sorry, but coconut macaroons are not low carb! LOL The complicated system he's come up with.... *shaking head* This is SO much easier.
Annie
(walking in Northern California)
http://therriault.blogdrive.com

"Walking is my therapy...what about you?" Annie

"Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time." Steven Wright

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:51 pm

I am sick of anything which talks about low carb or low fat....
And I'm certainly not interested in any products with those words attached..
Now I love a good salad, but you won't catch me using "Lite" olive oil!

LOL..

What is the point of trying to fool yourself about "low carb macaroons"???
Blech... :lol:

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

silverfish

Post by silverfish » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:54 pm

I just found out some family friends from church have started No-S :)
So sometimes people listen.