Want to feel full? Activia Fibre Yogurt

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gettheweightoff

Want to feel full? Activia Fibre Yogurt

Post by gettheweightoff » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:56 pm

Yesterday I had one of these little Activia fibre yogurts in vanilla and it was pretty tasty but I noticed that it kept me quite full.

This morning I had another with my breakfast and the same thing happened.

I am posting this because if you are anything like me I do like to feel a bit full and I can't handle feeling hungry all the time.

Anyways, I thought I'd post for anyone who is interested.

http://www.danone.ca/en/products/activia_fibre.aspx

Nicest of the Damned

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:52 pm

You'll probably find that, after you've been on No S a little while, it takes less food to make you feel full. That's what happened to me. It kind of snuck up on me, in fact. I didn't really notice it happening until one day, not too long after I started No S, I was eating two bagels for a weekend brunch. I've had this for a weekend brunch many, many times, and always finished them, sometimes even wanted more afterward. This time, after one and a half bagels, I felt too stuffed to eat any more.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:59 pm

Great! I'm glad that works for you.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:24 pm

Tip. if you are a yogurt fan ... you can make your own. That's what I do, once a week. I've done it 80-100 times already.

Making yogurt at home is easy, only 35-40 minute prep. time required and then you just have to wait for the milk to turn into yogurt. (From 4 to 12 hours, depending how tart/sour you like the final product to be, I usually let it incubate for 5 hours 45 minutes)

Since I eat a lot of yogurt I make myself 4 containers once a week.

It cuts down a lot on the cost of course, it costs me about 80 cents per container (The price of the milk basically) and I also know what has been put in it so it's 100% natural. To add the 'fibre' (fiber) you can eat it with cereals or oatmeal.

Check online how to make your own yogurt at home, you don't even need a fancy yogurt maker if you don't have one. The only essential item to have is a thermometer (Candy thermometer) so you know when to put in your starter (a few tbsp. of commercial starter with live active probiotic bacteria (Plain Danone Activia Yogurt for example. I use LIBERTE Plain yogurt personally these days but I used Activia's in the past.)

It's worth it if you eat a lot of yogurt as I do. Buying commercial yogurt every week would cost me a lot more. Saves me 300$ per year, maybe more.

Here's a site but there are many others :
http://www.makeyourownyogurt.com/

There are many variations of course. I heat the milk in the microwave in a large Pyrex bowl personally not on the stove in a sterilized double boiler as mentioned on the site, that seems like a lot more trouble.

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:32 pm

I make my own, too, on the stove and it's dead easy and cheap!! :D
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".