You know you're eating less when...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Nicest of the Damned

You know you're eating less when...

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:52 pm

This is a thread for sharing those moments when it became obvious to you that you were eating less than you did before you went on No S.

Mine was probably around 6 weeks in. We got bagels for Saturday brunch, as we sometimes do. We used to each eat two bagels with cream cheese and smoked fish. I got through my first bagel and half of the second, and it was obvious to me that there was just too much food there for me to finish. That surprised me, because I had always eaten two bagels before, and it wasn't too much food.

Lately, about 8 months since I started No S, I've noticed that I'm not always taking seconds at dinner on S days. It's not that I don't like the food- in fact, I plan dishes I really like for S days, so I can have seconds of them. But sometimes I'm just not hungry enough to get up and get seconds, after I've finished my one plate.

Nicest Husband (who isn't on No S with me, but is in on the Nine Inch Mod) had his own moment like this last weekend. I made chicken and stuffing for dinner. I cook my stuffing in a pan rather than in the bird, to reduce the chances of contamination. I made an 8x8 pan of stuffing, and it used to be we'd eat all of that. Last weekend, when we were done eating and it was time to put up the leftovers, he was surprised to see about half of the stuffing left. He's very cynical about diets, so he was surprised to see that my No S and Nine Inch Mod were actually making us eat less. He could stand to lose some weight, too, so I feel like I'm being a good wife.

Note that we're not hungry after meals. We're Jewish, and I think there's something in the Torah that letting someone still be hungry after a meal at your house is a terrible sin. I think that would bring down a plague of frogs on your house, at minimum :wink:

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:21 pm

You know you're eating less when your leftovers have leftovers.

Sharpie

Post by Sharpie » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:43 pm

Or you wind up with more "things for the next meal" than you ever had before. Don't know what to do with the little bits and bobs I would have snacked on before but save them for the next time!
"If you only do what you know you can do, you never do very much.†-Tom Krause

Kevin

Re: You know you're eating less when...

Post by Kevin » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:53 pm

Bare minimum. Likely would involve frogs and *at least* locusts. And I don't think you would get to take your pick. :P
Nicest of the Damned wrote:I think that would bring down a plague of frogs on your house, at minimum :wink:
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."