Fallen off the wagon...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Over43

Fallen off the wagon...

Post by Over43 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:06 pm

I have not only fallen off the wagon, I think I've lost the wagon train.

I haven't gained weight, but I am eating, and eating a lot...

I don't know if it is because I have started jogging a couple of days a week? Or Airdyne-ing again, another couple of days a week.

But food has become my constant companion.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:10 pm

It happens. When you have 27 years of habitcal these few weeks won't matter overly much. Jump in where you are. You'll get back on track soon.

gettheweightoff

Post by gettheweightoff » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:01 pm

Pulease... if i can get back on track after my collosal binges.. anyone can! Sometimes it takes a few days to get all the eating out of your system (mentally) and then you'll be all gung ho again because you won't want to feel so bad.

It happens, dust yourself off and get back on track when you feel ready!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:05 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't understand why people expect not to fall off the wagon now and again. It really doesn't matter as long as you get back on the wagon.

We're not perfect in anything we do. Most of us don't think about it - except in diet. I truly don't understand that.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:18 pm

(((HUGS)))))

Perhaps the weather has a lot to do with it? I have been feeling a bit down because of all this winter weather we've been having recently and i feel a bit fed up, stuck inside etc. etc. sometimes that can make me want to eat more than usual.... I definitely think my meals on N Days have been more generous lately however this is still considered adhering to the No S Diet... as someone posted on another thread. Wise words!!!

Nicest of the Damned

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:38 pm

NoSRocks wrote:(((HUGS)))))

Perhaps the weather has a lot to do with it? I have been feeling a bit down because of all this winter weather we've been having recently and i feel a bit fed up, stuck inside etc
Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow today, so that means we're supposed to get an early spring. Here's hoping.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:50 pm

Nicest of the Damned wrote:
NoSRocks wrote:(((HUGS)))))

Perhaps the weather has a lot to do with it? I have been feeling a bit down because of all this winter weather we've been having recently and i feel a bit fed up, stuck inside etc
Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow today, so that means we're supposed to get an early spring. Here's hoping.
I'll tell ya -- I'd much rather have all the snow they have in the northern part of my state and the Chicago area than the ice we have here. It's treacherous!

I saw one of the maintenance men at my apartment complex trying to clean ice off the entrances of the apartments. Essentially, though he didn't know it, he was shovel-gloving. He had a sledge hammer to break it up -- and it wasn't working very well.

My poor dog doesn't even want to go out!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:29 pm

I've fallen off the wagon countless times. Sometimes for a short amount of time, sometimes for a long time. I'm back again today. So far so good on an N day.

I like what woesnes has to say about falling off the wagon. :)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:13 pm

I derail very darn weekend. :roll:
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:13 pm

~reneew wrote:I derail very darn weekend. :roll:

But... But...

You can't fail on an S-day!
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

funfuture

Post by funfuture » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:12 pm

No, it's true you can't fail an S day...but you can derail from moderation....I know, I've repeatedly proved it!