I hate it when I do this...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

wosnes

I hate it when I do this...

Post by wosnes » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:18 pm

As you all know, I usually have soup for lunch. I need to make soup and I have a ton of other leftovers, so I'm doing leftovers. One of the leftovers is Mexican Rice and I decided to add some meat to it.

Earlier this month when I grocery shopped, I bought some bulk sausage and some ground beef. I used some, then divided up the rest, put it in ziplock bags and froze it. Forgot to mark them. I can't tell them apart! I think I have sausage thawing, but it might be ground beef. For this meal, it doesn't really matter. I guess it will be a surprise!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:24 pm

Sometimes, you have to live on the edge a little bit.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:25 pm

I love surprises!
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:39 pm

It's ground beef! At least now I can tell the packages apart and can mark them. :oops:
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:24 pm

I used to live with a chef, wosnes. He would have had a conniption. (If someone ELSE did it, mind. It was okay if HE didn't label and date everything!)
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

exdieter

Post by exdieter » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:44 pm

The worst thing about your post? Last night I put two containers of chicken broth into my fridge (right next to the veggie broth!), while thinking about this post and KNOWING that I would not be able to tell them apart in two weeks, simply because I was too lazy to find some tape and a pen to label them. :lol:
Slow and steady wins the race.
5"4', mid-thirties female
1/2/11: 157.2
4/4/11: 153.6

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:41 pm

I labeled them this morning! :D