Well this just sucks

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

wosnes

Well this just sucks

Post by wosnes » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:47 am

I've known for a long time that I'm sensitive to sulfites. I'll drink a glass of wine and soon I'm stuffed up. My kids tease me about it.

Starting at Thanksgiving, I've noticed that shortly after I start drinking wine, usually before I'm done with the first glass, I'm short of breath. It happened again tonight. I went to my daughter's to watch the game and she had some wine she wanted me to taste. I came home during the first quarter (and didn't eat any of the food we made!). Feeling better now, though.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

gettheweightoff

Post by gettheweightoff » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:26 am

Aw Wosnes feel better. Is there anything you can take to feel better?

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:07 am

Well poo. A glass of wine is one of my great pleasures so I feel your pain.

funfuture

Post by funfuture » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:38 am

Wosnes, have you asked at your bottleshop whether they can get some organic (usually very low preservative) or preservative free wine? (We can get it here, but I'm aware that these might not be easily available elsewhere).

Failing that, there is a product on the market that neutralises the preservatives in wine. It's only new in Australia (and I think it is called "purewine" here), but I found a website for the English version. No doubt you can get it in the US.

http://www.so2go.co.uk/

My sister-in-law, who is a GP and who lives in an area where she can't get organic wine, swears by this product.

cheers
fun
x

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:24 am

funfuture wrote:Wosnes, have you asked at your bottleshop whether they can get some organic (usually very low preservative) or preservative free wine? (We can get it here, but I'm aware that these might not be easily available elsewhere).

Failing that, there is a product on the market that neutralises the preservatives in wine. It's only new in Australia (and I think it is called "purewine" here), but I found a website for the English version. No doubt you can get it in the US.

http://www.so2go.co.uk/

My sister-in-law, who is a GP and who lives in an area where she can't get organic wine, swears by this product.

cheers

I know that there are wines naturally lower in sulfites available, but I'd not heard of that product. I may check that out. Thanks!
fun
x
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."