Neglecting the Scale

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

storm fox

Neglecting the Scale

Post by storm fox » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:43 pm

In my past goes at No S, I overemphasized the scale and de-emphasized the habits as a means to an end. I now realize how backward and typical this is, and have resolved NOT to look at the scale until 4/2/11. Not only is it a Saturday, it avoids checking on April First (because this time I'm not foolin'!). So I'm really attending to the habit as the metric of success like Reinhard talks about. Since I'm doing Vanilla No S, if my loss doesn't go according to expectations, I can tweak it as needed beginning on April 4 (no sooner!). I'm going for solid green during the week bookended by yellows on my calendar. This should give me about 7 virtuous weeks focusing on the habit, which is where my attention belongs.

Kevin

Re: Neglecting the Scale

Post by Kevin » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:59 pm

Great plan, SF.
storm fox wrote:In my past goes at No S, I overemphasized the scale and de-emphasized the habits as a means to an end. I now realize how backward and typical this is, and have resolved NOT to look at the scale until 4/2/11. Not only is it a Saturday, it avoids checking on April First (because this time I'm not foolin'!). So I'm really attending to the habit as the metric of success like Reinhard talks about. Since I'm doing Vanilla No S, if my loss doesn't go according to expectations, I can tweak it as needed beginning on April 4 (no sooner!). I'm going for solid green during the week bookended by yellows on my calendar. This should give me about 7 virtuous weeks focusing on the habit, which is where my attention belongs.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:55 pm

Good plan, I say whatever works. I have always been a scale watcher, have weighed every day that I had a scale handy - morning and night - since high school. Just curious, I guess. :wink:
Berry