kid's leftovers....

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

queencushion

kid's leftovers....

Post by queencushion » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:27 pm

OK so I'm very very new to this - only started last week! So I hardly feel qualifed to post on this board but I'm an inquisitive sort so I'll go for it!

I have had two whole No-S days and wanted to share the good feelings I had from NOT eating the kid's leftovers. They ALWAYS leave at least a spoonful of pasta, the odd meatball, a scrape of grated cheese, some chips (fries). Added up that's a hearty meal I've been having every afternoon. This way of eating (no snacks) really makes you think what you put in your mouth without thinking about it. I was really hungry for supper which made it taste much better. I know I have a long way to go before I have the habits 'down'... but still..

Today is an S day and I've had my usual doses of sugar (drinking chocolate straight from the tin, if you want to know). It feels nice to know it's legitimate and that I'll go back to good ways on Monday.

I do feel that S days could turn bingey, though, so was interested to see threads about what 'sometimes' means. I might even ask my own question about S days so apologies for lots of questions from me as a newbie on the boards!

Kevin

Re: kid's leftovers....

Post by Kevin » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:25 pm

I think on S days I would start with this: ask yourself if you want it before you put it in your mouth. If the answer is yes, eat it. If the answer is "hmm. I don't know" wait until the urge rises again.
queencushion wrote:OK so I'm very very new to this - only started last week! So I hardly feel qualifed to post on this board but I'm an inquisitive sort so I'll go for it!

I have had two whole No-S days and wanted to share the good feelings I had from NOT eating the kid's leftovers. They ALWAYS leave at least a spoonful of pasta, the odd meatball, a scrape of grated cheese, some chips (fries). Added up that's a hearty meal I've been having every afternoon. This way of eating (no snacks) really makes you think what you put in your mouth without thinking about it. I was really hungry for supper which made it taste much better. I know I have a long way to go before I have the habits 'down'... but still..

Today is an S day and I've had my usual doses of sugar (drinking chocolate straight from the tin, if you want to know). It feels nice to know it's legitimate and that I'll go back to good ways on Monday.

I do feel that S days could turn bingey, though, so was interested to see threads about what 'sometimes' means. I might even ask my own question about S days so apologies for lots of questions from me as a newbie on the boards!
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

Nicest of the Damned

Re: kid's leftovers....

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:14 am

queencushion wrote:I have had two whole No-S days and wanted to share the good feelings I had from NOT eating the kid's leftovers. They ALWAYS leave at least a spoonful of pasta, the odd meatball, a scrape of grated cheese, some chips (fries).
Good for you! It's important to learn that you shouldn't eat just because there happens to be food around, or to "finish something up". Food is cheap relative to income, and medical care is not (in the US, at least). If you eat more than you should, you will probably need more medical care than you would have otherwise.

My resolve to not "finish things up" will be really put to the test next month, when Passover is coming up. I'm hoping I'll do well, but we shall see.