Pizza is not Evil?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

storm fox

Pizza is not Evil?

Post by storm fox » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:44 pm

I've eaten pizza twice on N-days, but have limited it to a single plate and have not suffered any gut bloat or any apparent fat gain. Depending on the size of the slice, I eat what fits on a plate without stacking (2-4 slices depending on the size of pizza). This is really retraining me to see simple, glaring excess (and reflexive excessive restrictions) as the primary problem.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:04 pm

Amen to that, brother.

I had pizza last night.

It actually works exceptionally well with no-s because boy does it look like a lot on one plate. It's the going back again and again for more slices that's evil.

Reinhard

Sienna

Post by Sienna » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:51 pm

My new thing is to try to eat pizza on ONLY N days. I love pizza, but it can be a binge trigger for me if I'm already stressed. On an N day, I only get the one plate of pizza - a reasonable amount. On S days, because I theoretically *can* eat a ton of pizza (multiple servings), it's more likely for me to go nuts.
Finally a diet that I can make a lifestyle!

Started June 2010
6/27/2010 - 226 lbs
10/17/2010 - 203 lbs - 10% weight loss goal!
1/29/2011 - 182 lbs - 2nd 10% weight loss goal!
5/29/2011 - 165 lbs - 3rd 10% weight loss goal! (one more to go)

Nicest of the Damned

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:43 pm

Nope, it's not evil.

I have a special rule for pizza on N days. One slice for breakfast or lunch, two slices for dinner. Two slices is generally what fits on my plate without stacking.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:02 pm

Nicest of the Damned wrote:Nope, it's not evil.

I have a special rule for pizza on N days. One slice for breakfast or lunch, two slices for dinner. Two slices is generally what fits on my plate without stacking.
Ditto. I had some last night for dinner. Last night I purchased it, but usually I make pizza the same days I make bread. I made it in an 8" or 10" cast iron skillet and it fits on the dinner plate.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

sheepish

Post by sheepish » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:18 pm

Apart from anything else, pizza isn't necessarily that unhealthy. I either make it from scratch or buy high quality pizza from a supermarket and I don't think a plateful of either of those is ever more than 800 calories, max, which is fine.

ThomsonsPier

Post by ThomsonsPier » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:40 pm

I've never thought of pizza as particularly unhealthy, anyway. There is, I suppose, a world of difference between American style deep pan pizza in a box and a thin crust Italian pizza the same size as a dinner plate. I favour the latter, for the most part, and the sum total of the ingredients is generally about the same as a large sandwich.
ThomsonsPier

It's a trick. Get an axe.

storm fox

Thompson's Pier!

Post by storm fox » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:18 pm

I love your sig line! Army of Darkness is such a fun movie.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:41 pm

I try to limit pizza to one plate when we eat it. Unfortunately where I live Dominoes is the only "parlor" that will deliver where I live, and I'm to lazy to drive to Pizza Hut. And since I think Dominoes is awful (my thought on the matter) I eat pizza about every other month.

On a bit of a side note, in conjunction with the Fat Head video and Super Size Me, there is a video foting around about a fellow who ate pizza for a month and...yes he did, lost weight apparently. I'll try to hunt down the link.

That was easy: http://www.diet-blog.com/09/30_day_pizza_diet.php

Not suggesting that anyone do this, but again the premise is that we can eat just about anything, in moderation, and live happily. (Although oatmeal, as most of you know does not make me happy...)
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

Over43

Re: Thompson's Pier!

Post by Over43 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:48 pm

storm fox wrote:I love your sig line! Army of Darkness is such a fun movie.
Bruce Campbell...

The list of great actors/actresses goes: Humphrey Bogart, Katherine Hepburn, Robert Redford, Paul Newman, Meryl Streep, Gillian Anderson, Tom Selleck and Bruce Campbell... :lol: :wink:
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

montanajack

Post by montanajack » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:33 pm

Eat your pizza with a fork and knife, like the Italians, then put your fork & knife down and enjoy the flavors. Amazing how two pieces will fill you up.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:09 am

As I said above, I'm now making pizza every time I make bread -- so once or twice a week. Occasionally I just make the pizza -- I might do that today. I'm like Clara; I could eat it everyday!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:13 pm

Image I used to always like the pizza crusts better than the pizza.
But in my current experiment-of-one, investigating low-carb,
I've been eating just the pizza topping,
and find that after a while of doing this,
I'm not really craving the actual pizza bread any more.

For those who don't know me well,
I think all types of diets are fine, and
this low-carb thing is a new experiment of mine.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com