Another Helpful S-Day Tip from Tim Ferriss

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

storm fox

Another Helpful S-Day Tip from Tim Ferriss

Post by storm fox » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:52 pm

I really like this, and I think Reinhard has recommended the same. One of Ferriss' readers had problems with cravings during the week, but instead of caving to them, she kept a piece of paper with her and wrote down each item that sounded so amazing during the week. On the weekend, if she still wanted it, then she ate it. Ferriss is a bit too into nutritionism and micromanagement, and I dislike a lot about him, but this sounded just too good.

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:58 pm

Hey, good ideas can come from odd places, and this isn't a bad one.

I read his book on that short work week. Funny, how he doesn't count promoting that rock star lifestyle as part of his work time. Never mind that it IS his product!
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

BrightAngel

Re: Another Helpful S-Day Tip from Tim Ferriss

Post by BrightAngel » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:59 pm

storm fox wrote:I really like this, and I think Reinhard has recommended the same. One of Ferriss' readers had problems with cravings during the week, but instead of caving to them, she kept a piece of paper with her and wrote down each item that sounded so amazing during the week. On the weekend, if she still wanted it, then she ate it.
storm fox, That sounds like a good idea. Image
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

sarah.grace

Post by sarah.grace » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:25 pm

I like this idea.
I use it for things that I want to bake- I'll find a fantastic-looking recipe or picture online, and want to make it immediately! Of course it's best to wait until S days to bake, so I can actually eat it! So I will write it down on a little list- and when S days come, if I still want to make something off the list, I will. It's a good test, also, of whether I really want something or not.

gk

Post by gk » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:01 am

I really like this idea, too.

As I was grocery shopping today I didn't really have any plan for what I would have on my S Days, so I found myself just kind of wandering, wondering what would be "S Worthy". Making a list will make me feel like I'm not wasting my S moments on something I picked up on a whim, and I'll get something that's really worth it.

Thanks!