The hardest thing I have ever had to do...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ImprisonedBeauty

The hardest thing I have ever had to do...

Post by ImprisonedBeauty » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:58 pm

I normally do all of my sweets baking on Sunday - an S Day - so I can sample and partake as I please, but this week I had to do some baking today - an N Day. :O I allowed myself one tiny tip of a spoon dip of batter, just so I would know that it was made right and tasted good, but that's it. All of the creamy batter that clung to the beaters and spatula - rinsed off. All of the delicious batter left on the sides of the bowl - down the drain. Not one extra drop of that amazing cupcake batter ever touched my lips. :cry: I think that was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. On the other hand - w00t, I did it! :D :D :D
Taking it one small step at a time.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:14 pm

good for you! success tastes pretty good too :wink:
keep up the good work :)
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Becoming

Post by Becoming » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:06 pm

Avoiding cookie batter = heaps of will power! Congratulations! :D

montanajack

Post by montanajack » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:11 pm

After a few weeks of getting "clean", you'll be surprised how the old stuff doesn't have the same appeal.

One great tip comes from Michael Pollan: he notes foods we consume that are oversweet or oversalty typically taste good for the first few bites. Once our taste buds adjust, the appeal dissipates and it the next bites just don't have the same pizzazz. So, slow down...give that first bite or two a chance to do their thing. You may find Pollan is right.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:46 pm

Epic win.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:41 am

I recomment really GOOD spatulas for such occasions, so not a drop goes down the drain. It helps!!
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

ImprisonedBeauty

Post by ImprisonedBeauty » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:38 pm

Thanks everyone, your wisdom and your support is inspiring! I just need some better spatulas and I'll be all set! :)
Taking it one small step at a time.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:44 pm

imprisonedbeauty wrote:Thanks everyone, your wisdom and your support is inspiring! I just need some better spatulas and I'll be all set! :)
I'm very fond of the silicone spatulas. They're expensive, but they're great.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

M's sick of dieting

Post by M's sick of dieting » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:49 pm

Good for you, that is really hard! I just had to do that a week ago. Cookie dough is a huge weakness. Gum helps:) I made a whole batch of cookies with a piece of gum in my mouth.