New Here

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ruxpin55

New Here

Post by ruxpin55 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:13 am

Hello everyone!
I am new here, and just wanted to say hi. I am usually a lurker on other forums, but I would really like to be involved, as I strongly desire (and need) the support of others to know that I am not all alone.

CW: 185
GW (#1):165

I am currently trying to lose the last few pounds from when my first baby was born, (and that was 4 years and three babies ago!!) but I would also like to lose more than that, and I truly feel blessed to have found this "diet" and also this awesome place for support. thank you all!

have a great evening,
Jamie

Kevin

Re: New Here

Post by Kevin » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:15 am

Welcome. We're glad you are here.

And to show you how cool this "diet" is, I had pizza for dinner tonight. :)
ruxpin55 wrote:Hello everyone!
I am new here, and just wanted to say hi. I am usually a lurker on other forums, but I would really like to be involved, as I strongly desire (and need) the support of others to know that I am not all alone.

CW: 185
GW (#1):165

I am currently trying to lose the last few pounds from when my first baby was born, (and that was 4 years and three babies ago!!) but I would also like to lose more than that, and I truly feel blessed to have found this "diet" and also this awesome place for support. thank you all!

have a great evening,
Jamie
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

ruxpin55

Post by ruxpin55 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:32 am

It makes me smile to see you write that you ate pizza! It also makes me think of "Sensa" the *new* weight-loss system.. haha, "just sprinkle this on, and you can eat anything"... it's a gimmick. but this, the No S diet--- this is great. I am on day 4 and I am really doing well. I am doing this in tandem with a study called "Setting Captives Free" It's a Christian approach to the actual addiction to food, and relying on it for comfort rather than leaning on God's strength. I am feeling very "light" knowing that what I have always dealt with was "the heart of the problem is truly the problem with my heart" and that is the really amazing thing that I am learning. It's not that I have always been "destined" to be fat... it's been the constant "need" for food for satisfaction. What I have learned (and I know I am naive and a newbie) is that the food *will* be there, if it's a N day, it will be there on the S day, so why worry? I am really learning a lot about myself already.

thank you for the welcome, and I hope I can meet people who will come alongside me and help me triumph over this!!