* * * * April Challenge * * * *

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

~reneew

* * * * April Challenge * * * *

Post by ~reneew » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:38 pm

This month I challenge you to do better this month than last month.
2 "better" months in a row is do-able right? Unless you are perfect, I think there's always room for improvement.
This is for anybody who needs encouragement and daily accountability. We will all keep tabs on each other. Think of this as your own little cheering section.

- Write down what would be your "better" at the top of your post and then update us as to how you're doing. It's O.K. to not post daily, but try to keep us updated. Accountability helps!
- *Remember* to only post once at the top and edit that first post all month. It's easier to skim-read and find each other.
- Please re-read that last one, some people don't get it.
- after April 3rd we will continue posting at the bottom for encouragement and fun.
- This challenge is meant for all of us to give support, so let's try hard to do that.
- anyone can start whenever through out the month. The more ~ the merrier!
- good luck and have fun with it!
Last edited by ~reneew on Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:29 pm, edited 11 times in total.
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:38 pm

I will do better this month than last month! I had 6 reds last month.
My dream goal is to renew my membership in the 21 days straight club. I let my membership expire. I want the habit again!

April
1 - :mrgreen: day 2 of 21 straight - today was lime green, but I'm calling it green
2 - :wink: day 3
3 - :wink: day 4
4 - :mrgreen: day 5 - I started doing my heart and soul exercises again, thanks to those of you here that post your exercise. Boy, am I out of shape!
5 - :mrgreen:
6 - :mrgreen: barely
7 - :oops: jelly beans!
8 - :mrgreen:
9 - :wink:
10- :mrgreen: to make up for Thursday
11- :oops: if easter candy didn't exist, I'd be loosing.
12- :mrgreen:
13- :mrgreen:
14- :oops:
15- :oops: frustrated and didn't care
16- :wink:
17- :wink:
18- :mrgreen:
19- :mrgreen:
20- :oops:
21- :mrgreen:
22- :oops:
23- :wink:
24- :wink: No extra days off for Easter ~ it is after all on a Sunday!
25- :mrgreen:
26- :mrgreen:
27-mild surgery. :mrgreen:
28- :mrgreen: I'm planning on a bit of nausia.
29- :mrgreen: I better do good!
30- :wink:
Last edited by ~reneew on Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:53 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Please pray for me

kccc

Post by kccc » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:53 pm

I'm in!

But not, as you might have expected, with my yoga stretch goal. Nope, this month is "rebooting the basics."

I've noticed a couple of fails lately - mini-fails, that I could sweep under the rug if I wanted to ignore them. However, I've seen too many people coming back to No-S saying "I was doing fine, but then I got sloppy, and then it was a slippery slope, and soon I'd gained back half of what I lost, so I'm back now."

I don't intend to go there - the sloppiness is over. I'm stopping the "slippery slope" with a "fence around the law" NOW.

This month is "strict No-S." No nibbles fixing dinner, no 12:01 "technical S-days", no sloppy, mushy, "weeellll, it really is okay, beCAUSE..." stuff.

Period.

Tracking on my Habitcal with periodic updates, as usual.

PS - I'm not into voting or winners. If other people want to do it, that's fine, but I'd rather not.

==update, April 7
So far... I had a spectacular fail on the first day, followed by an over-the-top weekend. The details are on my personal thread, if anyone cares.

The good news is that I picked myself up on Monday, and got over that bad start. Since then, doing fairly well. I'm reporting my cafe-au-lait and wine, and watching the "bites, licks, and tastes" around dinner prep and cleanup. Not perfect, but improving... and so it goes.

== update, April 13
I think I'm actually doing worse than normal under this challenge. Another out-and-out fail again yesterday. I don't do that often, so it's surprising to me. (Usually, there's just a little "funny stuff" in the corners...)

Counting my cafe-au-lait and wine is a good step, but that's really the only positive right now.

==Update, May
I gave up toward the end of the month - just too crazy. The effort to be strict was starting to backfire on me. Maybe another time..

The one benefit: I am nw counting all cafe-au-laits and wine, which makes me think twice about them. That's good.
Last edited by kccc on Fri May 06, 2011 6:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

idontknow

Post by idontknow » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:21 pm

This sounds good to me. I like the idea of doing 'better' each month. :D My 'better' is to reduce my red days. 7 in March. When these are combined with S days this means a compliance rate of about 50% - not good enough.
There are only 9 working days in April for me with the Easter holidays and the wedding. I find No S harder when I'm out of the work routine, so this will be a difficult, but worthwhile, challenge.
I will allow myself 2 NWS days during the 2 week holiday - but the rules are that it has to be a day out, and the treat has to be worth it. No mindless eating just because I can.
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8thOh dear - this was not a good week. Must do better!
9th
10th
11th
Last edited by idontknow on Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:59 pm

I'm in! My goal is to bring lunch to work, and stop "virtual plating" purchased food. Also, 14 minutes of exercise -- walk, bike, what have you.

1 Erm, well, we went out for sushi and it is hard to judge whether everything I ate would have fit on a plate. I ate a fair amount of sushi, edamame, and seaweed salad. I'd have to call this "funny business." It was really good, though! Exercise -- took the stairs 3 times at work. Brown bag -- SUCCESS!
2 S Day -- three moderate meals and a small bowl of ice cream. Exercise -- went to the art museum and walked all over, then to a concert at UCLA and walked all over (because we weren't sure where the theater was!) definitely an Urban Rangering success.
3 S Day -- 3 moderate meals, cheese and crackers before dinner, frozen yogurt after. Exercise -- went to the farmer's market which always involves a fair amount of walking, then walked to the store, otherwise sat around like a lump.
4 Brown bag - SUCCESS! No S - SUCCESS! Exercise - SUCCESS! Went for a bike ride before dinner with my daughter.
5 Brown bag - SUCCESS! No S - SUCCESS! Exercise SUCCESS! Another bike ride with the kid, who is now jonesing to go all the time because she now remembers how fun riding a bike is.
6 Brown Bag - SUCCESS! No S - SUCCESS! Exercise - SUCCESS! Rode bikes to Whole Foods to get dinner with kid, 2 mile roundtrip.
7 Brown Bag - SUCCESS! No S - SUCCESS! Exercise - I was getting sick, took the day off except for the stairs at work.
8 MINI VACATION -- we took a three-day weekend to visit San Diego. Of course, I decided to get a nasty cold just in time for the trip. however: No S -- SUCCESS! In spite of being on the road, three moderate meals. Brown Bag -- Not applicable. Exercise -- No, I just wanted to lie down in the hotel room and try to get over my cold.
9 S DAY. Exercise -- tons. We went to the San Diego Zoo and walked up and downhill.
10 S DAY. Exercise -- even more tons, at the San Diego Wild Animal Park
11 Back to work. Still kind of sick -- maybe hiking around instead of staying in bed has something to do with that. Brown Bag -- SUCCESS! No S -- SUCCESS! No exercise, because you have to be able to breathe to get exercise.
12 Brown Bag - FAIL! But I'll be buying bean soup, so it will be a No S compliant lunch. No S -- SUCCESS! Exercise - none, still sick.
13 I was home in bed trying to beat this stupid cold. Brown Bag -- not applicable, no exercise, No S success

14 Brown bag -- SUCCESS! No S -- SUCCESS! Exercise -- taking one last sick day, because I still felt pretty low.
15 Brown bag -- SUCCESS! Exercise -- SUCCESS! 2-mile bike ride with the kid. Since she doesn't have multiple gears and she's riding a much smaller bike, it's a better workout for her than for me ... No S -- SUCCESS! Japanese again, but I ordered a set meal and I'm pretty sure that the sushi and salad would have fit on a normal dinner plate.
16 S Day. Ridiculously hot. Took the kid shopping, did a little walking, but not enough to count as an exericse success. Ate a lot at a party.
17 S Day. Little exercise, moderate food.
18 Brown bag -- FAIL! Funny how when you don't shop or cook all weekend, there's nothing to bring for lunch ... No S -- SUCCESS, although not the best food choices. Exercise -- SUCCESS, 3-mile bike ride.
19 Brown bag -- FAIL! No S -- SUCCESS! Exercise -- SUCCESS! Walked to city council meeting to support Safe and Healthy Streets Plan, ironically enough. About a mile from home, uphill both ways! (OK, just uphill coming back).
20 Brown bag -- SUCCESS! No S -- SUCCESS! Exercise -- SUCCESS, although not the most impressive -- a measley 1-mile bike ride with the kid, to the community garden and back.
21 Brown bag -- SUCCESS! No S -- SUCCESS! Exercise -- FAIL! I intended to walk to Whole Foods and back to get ingredients for tonight's dinner, but kid-related crisis and assorted angst derailed me.
22 Brown bag -- SUCCESS! No S -- SUCCESS! Exercise -- SUCCESS! It's Monday, so it's all fuzzy, but I know I did something. Bike, presumably. Oh yeah -- it was Earth Day and they let us leave work early for Good Friday, so we rode bikes to the store, got dinner fixings, and then I came home and made a vegetarian dinner.
23 S Day -- tons of exercise -- farmer's market, walked to store and back, then went for a ride to the park with the kid. three moderate meals, a snack, and dessert. We made pizza for dinner!
24 S Day -- Easter. Massive amounts of Easter candy, plus a really amazing dinner. Roast leg of lamb and new baby peas, yummmm. And almost no exercise -- I did play Just Dance on the Wii with the kid!
25 Brown Bag -- Success! And I'm now officially back in the 21 Club for No S, assuming that April 1 was a funny business fail. But I really want to get in the 21 club for not buying my lunch! That's the hardest goal for me. No S -- SUCCESS! And another night of homemade pizza, so good. Exercise -- nope, aside from stairs.
26 Brown bag -- success! No S -- SUCCESS! Exercise -- not really; had an evening meeting to go to.
27 Brown bag -- success! Exercise -- walked kid to school, and plan to ride bikes after work. Update: Yep, rode bikes. No S -- yeah.
28 Brown Bag -- Success! No S - Success!
Exercise -- Fail, was going to ride to the library for bike plan citizen meeting, but got home too late.
29 Brown Bag -- Success! Exercise -- Success! Walked kid to school, so no matter what happens tonight I'm golden on the exercise. No S -- success!

30 S Day -- nice way to end the challenge month. I did better with exercise, and MUCH better with brown-bagging because of this; isn't it funny how a little psychological trick like that can make a difference?
Last edited by Thalia on Mon May 02, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 22 times in total.

SpiritSong

Post by SpiritSong » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:18 pm

My first goal is to join the 21 Day Club. I started in March, but will need April to complete it. My second goal is to be green until the end of April. (And in case you're confused by my calendar below, I take my Saturday S-Day on Friday.)

Edited because the NWS-Days I had put aside for work birthday celebrations will probably happen in May. Which means I can take a NWS-Day tonight at my big church dinner. We'll see. I'll only take it if I can't resist the pre-dinner snacks and/or dessert.

1. S-Day
2. S-Event (for dessert only)
3. S -Day
4. Success
5. Success
6. Success
7. Success
8. S-Day
9. Success
10. S-Day
11. Success
12. Success
13. Success
14. Success 21 Day Club!! :D
15. S-Day
16. Success
17. S-Day
18. Success
19. Failure :oops: (after dinner - small binge)
20. Success
21. Failure :oops: (mid morning - pretzels)
22. S-Day
23. Success
24. S-Day
25. Success
26. Success
27. Success
28. Success
29. S-Day (and my birthday :D )
30. Failure :oops: (dinner - chips & salsa prior to entre)

Ooops, ended with a failure, but only three this month. I am pretty happy with that. 8)
Last edited by SpiritSong on Sun May 01, 2011 12:45 am, edited 23 times in total.

TLMWA

Count Me In!

Post by TLMWA » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:37 pm

My goal is to be part of the 21 day club this month as well as walk at least three times a week!

1. green
2. :D
3. :D
4. Green
5.Green
6.Green
9. :D
10. :D
16. :D
17. :D
23. :D
24. :D
30. :D

I like this way of being accountable and getting encouragement! Thanks for the idea!
Last edited by TLMWA on Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:56 am, edited 4 times in total.

Becoming

Post by Becoming » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:57 pm

I'm in! This month I would like to lose some weight! After 7 weeks on No-S I haven't lost anything (but also haven't gained anything). It doesn't have to be alot, but I would like to see some change on the scales. I'm also going to start exercising. I will take a '14 minutes of anything' approach. I wont be counting that as a success/fail thing, but I'll make a note of it so I can track how I'm going.

Good luck everyone! :)

April 1: Success
April 2: S-Day
April 3: S-Day+ exercise
April 4: Success + exercise
Avoided delicious baked goods at work!!
April 5: Success
April 6: Success + exercise
April 7: Success + exercise
April 8: Success + exercise
April 9: S-Day
April 10: S-Day+ exercise
April 11: Success
April 12: Success
21 Day Club!!
April 13: NWS Event
Otherwise a successful day
April 14: Success + exercise
April 15: Fail
A small fail, but still a fail
Last edited by Becoming on Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:30 pm, edited 14 times in total.

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:08 am

I'm in. Still finishing up March with one more day to go, but also getting ready for April. I'm sticking to the same goals: No-S compliance and at least 4 days of exercise a week. April is a much harder month for me with a lot of events including my birthday, a show opening, and a trip out of town for a friend's wedding show/bachelorette party so I have a lot of triggers and excuses to watch. I also will have 3 NWS days. Seems like a lot, but one's my birthday, 1 is opening, and 1 is the first night of Passover. I didn't have any this month so I guess it evens out. I did have 2 red days for both exercise and food so only green and yellow next month will be an improvement.

1. SUCCESS - food
2. S DAY plus exercise SUCCESS
3. S DAY (MY BIRTHDAY!)
4. SUCCESS - food
5. NWS DAY (BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION AT WORK)
6. SUCCESS - food and exercise
7. NWS DAY (OPENING) plus exercise SUCCESS
8. SUCCESS - food
9. S DAY plus exercise SUCCESS
10. S DAY plus exercise SUCCESS -- that's 4/4 on exercise this week. yay! :)
11. SUCCESS - food and exercise
12. SUCCESS - food and exercise
13. SUCCESS - food
14. SUCCESS - food
15. (Travel day -- danger, danger) SUCCESS - food
16. S DAY
17. S DAY plus exercise SUCCESS
18. NWS DAY (PASSOVER) plus exercise SUCCESS
19. SUCCESS - food and exercise
20. SUCCESS - food and exercise
21. SUCCESS - food
22. SUCCESS - food and exercise
23. S DAY
24. S DAY
25. SUCCESS - food
26. SUCCESS - food and exercise
27. SUCCESS - food and exercise
28. SUCCESS - food and exercise
29. SUCCESS - food
30. S DAY plus exercise SUCCESS

I did really well this month and am feeling great about it. I had one exercise failure day, but did average 4 times a week. I also had three No-S NWS days, but no failures there. For May, I'm going to go to 5 days of exercise per week. And two NWS days, both of which are in the first third of the month. Still sticking with vanilla rules as I continue to really get the habit solid. I feel like it can really happen, though.

Julie
Last edited by thtrchic on Sun May 01, 2011 2:54 am, edited 24 times in total.

Katherine Ruth

Post by Katherine Ruth » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:02 am

May I join? I'm new to this forum and to NoS; I was going to start a daily checkin for myself, but I think this challenge thread will give me greater accountability and support. My goal for the month is vanilla NoS.

By way of introduction, I used to work out a lot and watch what I ate. I wasn't x-ray thin, but I was healthy and fit. When I got pregnant, I stuck with those habits, working out right up until the night before I delivered, and gaining only the recommended weight. But in the four years since then, my eating and exercise habits have been deplorable! I have been living on caffeine and convenience food, and been completely sedentary. I have been steadily gaining weight...ugh! I tried going back to the various diets I used to use to keep my weight down, but find they don't work for me now that I'm a mom. They divert mental energy that I'd rather focus on my son, and they turn me into a grumpy old troll! NoS seems much more sane and sustainable. I'm actually really looking forward to starting this challenge!

1. YAY
2. S DAY
3. S DAY
4. BOO
5. BOO
6. YAY Back on track! And, though I'm not officially tracking exercise, I have worked out every weekday so far this month (exercise has always been easier for me to stick to than diet....)
7. YAY
8. YAY
9. S DAY
10. S DAY
11. YAY
12. YAY
13. BOO
Last edited by Katherine Ruth on Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:52 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Kate

Over43

April Challenge

Post by Over43 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:33 am

I hate challenges, I always beep them up.

I will try again though. I can get better at S, N and Red days, basically fewer red days, and more N days (Green Days)...

I want also want the exercise to continue to increase on a per wrokout level, i.e. not increase the time, but the intensity.

2. :lol:
3. :lol:
9. :lol:
10. :lol:
16. :lol:
17. :lol:
23. :lol:
24. :lol: Happy Easter
30. :lol:
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

mrsj

Post by mrsj » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:32 am

I'm in! My goals for April are:
1. Rejoin the 21 Day Club
2: Move more. 30 minutes a day.
3. Have a healthier diet.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I won't be posting every day as gardening season starts in April. I will however write in my calendarbook how every day has been.

01 April: Green. Day 6. No joke!
02 April: Green. Day 7
03 April: S day! Day 8 Don't know yet what I want for S. I'll figure it out....
04 April: :D
05 April: :D
06 April: :D
07 April: :D Day 12
08 April: :D Day 13
09 April: :D Day 14
10 April: :D :D :D S! Day 15 Yesterday I crawled on the scale and I've shrunk the 2 kilos that I've gained.
11 April: :D Day 16.
12 April: :D Day 17.
13 April: :D Day 18.
14 April: :D Day 19
15 April: :D Day 20. I'm proud of myself today as I went to a birthday party. I ate 1 platefull of food and that was that. Thankfully there wasn't any cake. It was more of a beerfest than anything els. I don't have a glass cieling! Hah!
16 April: Green! Yay! Day 21!!!!!
17 April: S Day!!!
18 April: Green! Day 1. Worked like a horse in the garden.
:D :D :mrgreen: :D
Last edited by mrsj on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
Nothing is impossible-only improbable.

lokerola

Post by lokerola » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:04 pm

I am in for April!

The 5th through the 9th should be interesting as I'll be in Vegas for work.

sarah.grace

Post by sarah.grace » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:03 pm

I am in for April- and I will not flake out like last month. :)

I've been doing well with my vanilla NoS compliance. I had 2 red days in early January but I've been green since, so I'm pretty confident in those habits.

I am just beginning to add in Shovel Glove to my routine, so my goal for April will be: continue with my NoS habits, and work toward making shovelglove a habit. I know I will be missing a couple days due to travel (I'm not taking my sledgehammer on the airplane! :lol:), but I want to get this habit established. I will NOT let myself give up on this until I've got a month under my belt.

APRIL
:01:
:02:
:03:

:04:
:05:
:06:
:07:

:08: NoS Failure
:09:
:10:
:11:
NWS Day-first ever.
:12:
:13:
:14:
:15:
Shovelglove- only 7 minutes after donating blood
:16:
:17:
:18:
:19:
:20:
:21:
:22:

:23:
:24:
:25: Vacation NWS days: Monday was a bit over the top
:26: Good NWS day- few S-es
:27: Successful N Day but I'd classified it NWS in advance

:28: Coming off vacation=NoS fail
:29: Having an idiot day.

:30:
Last edited by sarah.grace on Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:32 pm, edited 12 times in total.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:23 pm

I'm in. Focus on glass ceiling again...

Edit: I will also try to follow the rules for once and stick all my updates in this post. :-)

Edit: I did it! Solid green glass ceiling. Made some minor tweaks to the glass ceiling home page to celebrate. :-)
Last edited by reinhard on Fri May 06, 2011 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:06 pm

I think I am ready to try a challenge. I want to do better at building my No S habit. Aiming for a month of GREEN (never accomplished that yet). I also have a goal of finally getting to 115 lbs. I'll track that occasionally here to.

April 1:SUCCESS
April 2: S Day (117.5)
April 3: S Day
April 4: SUCCESS (Technically, I failed, as my dinner was picking at all kinds of things in the kitchen, and I even had a spoon of ice cream. I told myself as long as this doesn't lead to a binge and I don't touch any food the rest of the evening (this was at 3:30pm) then I could count it a success. Reason being, I have a huge tendancy to binge and I am trying to learn to stop that behaviour. Happy that I followed my adjusted rule for tonight.
April 5: (117!) FAILURE Snacked a lot before bed. I don't know why I didn't just have H2Orange instead.
April 6: FAILURE (119.5 - whoa)
April 7: FAILURE (120)
April 8:SUCCESS (121)
April 9: S Day (118.5)
April 10: S Day
April 11: FAILURE (snacked after dinner)
April 12: SUCCESS. Finally. (120)
April 13: SUCCESS
April 14: SUCCESS
April 15: SUCCESS
April 16: S Day
April 17: S Day
April 18: FAILURE (dessert and snack)
April 19:FAILURE
April 20:SUCCESS
April 21: SUCCESS Bought the No S book and it's providing inspiration. (117.5)
April 22: S Day - Good Friday. Don't plan on going crazy but we are having a big fish meal. (117. I certainly have a colourful challenge, don't I).
April 23: S Day
April 24: S Day
April 25: SUCCESS
April 26: FAILURE - Feeling lousy that I failed. 116.5 (new low!)
April 27: FAILURE
April 28: FAILURE
April 29:
April 30:S Day
Last edited by Sinnie on Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:40 am, edited 23 times in total.

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:39 pm

I am new here and going to give this a try. I think I will start with vanilla no s....
1FAILURE!!!! :(
2s
3s I am such a glutton!!!
4 SUCCESS!!!_ also did some circuit training at the gym.
5 SUCCESS!!!_ also took a walk pushing a double stroller.
6 SUCCESS!!!_ also swam. Some funny stuff at dinner but still good.
7 FAIL :cry:
8 FAIL :(
9s
10s
11Success!
12FAIL.....took a few bites of Mac and cheese.
13success
14success
15success
16s a bit wild
17s a bit wild again
18success
19success
20FAILURE!!!!
21FAIL
22FAIL
23sWILD
24sWILD
25FAIL
26FAIL
27SUCCESS whew finally
30s
Last edited by snapdragon on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139
Willingness without action is fantasy

ImprisonedBeauty

Post by ImprisonedBeauty » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:44 am

I am ready for a challenge! My goals for this month:
1)To go at least one whole week without a failure. (Successful!)
2)To have fewer overall failures than last month {5}. (Failed)
3)To begin to control my dinner portions and S-Day sweets portions. (Successful!)

April 1: Success :D
April 2: S Day :D
April 3: S Day :D
April 4: NWS Day (Close Friend's Birthday) :D
April 5: Failure :(
April 6: Failure :(
April 7: Failure :(
April 8: Success :D
April 9: S Day :D
April 10: S Day :D
April 11: Success :D
April 12: Success :D
April 13: Failure :(
April 14: Failure :(
April 15: Failure :(
April 16: S Day :D
April 17: S Day :D
April 18: Failure :(
April 19: Failure :(
I kind of fell off the wagon these past several days because my husband & I were moving and my routine & willpower got all screwed up... but I'm back on track now!
April 20: Success :D
April 21: Success :D
April 22: Success :D
April 23: S Day :D
April 24: S Day :D
April 25: Success :D
April 26: Success :D
April 27: Success :D
April 28: Success :D
April 29: Success :D
April 30: S Day :D

Good luck everyone!
Last edited by ImprisonedBeauty on Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:37 am, edited 16 times in total.
Taking it one small step at a time.

ou812

Post by ou812 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:18 pm

I am returning from drifting away from the NO-S lifestyle. I have gained a few pounds, but mostly I miss moderation. I am ready to give it a shot again.
1. Fail (Should have planned for a fail here; family visiting)
2. s day
3. S-day
24. Happy Easter
30. :cry:
Last edited by ou812 on Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ellgee

Post by ellgee » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:25 pm

Count me in for April's Challenge. My goals are:

a. to join the 21 day club
b. to move 30 minutes at least 5 days a week

1. SUCCESS - No S and Exercise
2. :D
3. :D SUCCESS - Exercise
4.SUCCESS - No S and Exercise
5.SUCCESS - No S and Exercise
6.SUCCESS - No S and Exercise
7.SUCCESS - No S and Exercise
8.SUCCESS - No S
9. :D
10. :D
16. :D
17. :D
23. :D
24. :D
30. :D
Last edited by ellgee on Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Laura

r.jean

RUNNING

Post by r.jean » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:37 am

First, My goal is to exercise 30 minutes as many days as possible this month. I give myself one day a week exempt from exercise if I need it, but last month I went the whole month only using one exempt day. It would be awesome if I could repeat that or make it the whole month with all green.

Second, My goal is to run/jog four times a week. I do not care if I only run for a couple of minutes; I want to start running again.

1. SUCCESS! WATP 2 MILE DVD 30 MINS :mrgreen:
2. SUCCESS! 2 MILE WALK/JOG 26 MINS; 1/2 MILE COOL DOWN WALK 10 MINS :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
3. SUCCESS! A LITTLE OVER 2 MILE WALK/JOG WITH COOL DOWN; TOTAL = 33 MINS :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
4. SUCCESS! AM: 1 MILE WALK W/2 MIN JOG; TOTAL = 16 MINS & PM: WATP 2 MILE DVD 30 MINS :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
5. SUCCESS! WATP 2 MILE DVD 30 MINS :mrgreen:
6. TOOK AN EXEMPT DAY (18 minutes walking)
7. SUCCESS! WATP 2 MILE DVD 30 MINS; It was pouring down rain when I got off so I was trying to figure out how to meet my goal of at least a couple of minutes of jogging four times a week. I decided to run in place instead of walk during WATP. It was kind of fun. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
8. SUCCESS! HALF HOUR WALK W/5-6 MIN JOG :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
9. SUCCESS! WATP 2 MILE DVD 30 MINS :mrgreen:
10. SUCCESS! Walk/Jog Charity 5k (41:55)(13:31 per mile pace) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
11. SUCCESS! ~3 mile walk with just a little jog; 47 minutes :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
12. SUCCESS! 55 minutes total walking/jogging today. Started with a 2 mile walk/jog this morning (26:13 minutes) and the rest was walking :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
13. SUCCESS! WATP 3 MILE DVD (45 MINS); 27 minutes of outdoor walking (~1.5 miles) :mrgreen:
14. SUCCESS! WATP 2 MILE DVD 30 MINS; 18 mins of outdoor walking :mrgreen:
15. SUCCESS! WATP 2 MILE DVD 30 MINS; 15 mins of outdoor walking :mrgreen:
16. SUCCESS! WATP 2 MILE DVD 30 MINS; 15 mins of outdoor walk/jog :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
17. SUCCESS! 30 mins of outdoor walk/jog :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
18. SUCCESS! WATP 2 MILE DVD 30 MINS; 18 mins of outdoor walking :mrgreen:
19. SUCCESS! WATP 3 MILE DVD (45 MINS); 18 minutes of outdoor walking with a little bit of jogging :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
20. SUCCESS! 32 minutes of outdoor walking with a little bit of jogging :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
21. SUCCESS! WATP 2 MILE DVD 30 MINS; 15 mins of outdoor walking :mrgreen:
22. TOOK AN EXEMPT DAY (15 minutes walking)
23. SUCCESS! 58 mins of outdoor walking or jogging; (2 miles included some jogging and time was 25:24 for that portion) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
24. SUCCESS! WATP 3 MILE DVD (45 MINS); 18 minutes of outdoor walking :mrgreen:
25. SUCCESS! WATP 2 MILE DVD (45 MINS); 18 minutes of outdoor walking :mrgreen:
26. SUCCESS! WATP 2 MILE DVD 30 MINS; 15 mins of outdoor walk/jog :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
27. SUCCESS! 2 MILE WALK/JOG 25:34 MINS; plus 18 mins of walking :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
28. SUCCESS! 2 MILE WALK/JOG 25:15 MINS; plus 10 mins of walking :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

29. SUCCESS! WATP 2 MILE DVD 30 MINS; 18 mins of walking :mrgreen:
30. SUCCESS! 2 MILE WALK/JOG 24:44 MINS; plus 18 mins of walking :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I AM DONE! IT HAS BEEN A SUCCESSFUL MONTH. I STUCK WITH THE JOURNALLING DAILY BECAUSE I MADE A COMMITMENT, BUT I AM GLAD IT IS OVER AND I CAN GO BACK TO JUST DOING MY HABIT CAL. (I HAVE TO ADMIT THAT WITHOUT THIS POST EVERY DAY TO KEEP ME HONEST, I MAY NOT HAVE DONE AS WELL, BUT LOGGING DAILY IS NOT SOMETHING THAT IS SUSTAINABLE FOR ME.)

CONGRATS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!
Last edited by r.jean on Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:39 pm, edited 39 times in total.
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:47 pm

All of these "successes" really inspire me!
Please pray for me

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:10 am

My improvement will be to use the Habitcal everyday. I also want to get back into the 21-day club, but I'm not going to track that here. This is just for Habitcal. I have other desires, but I'm going to just stick to improvement. It 's been awhile since I've had a sense of optimism, so I don't want to overdo it.

1. Success 2. Success
3. Success 4. Success
5. Success 6 Success
7. Success 8. Success
9. Failure 10. Failure
11. Success 12. Success
13. Failure 14. Success
15. Success 16. Sat. Success
17. Sun. Success 18. Failure
19. Success 20. Success
21. Failure 22. Failure
23. Sat. Failure 24. Happy Easter failure
25. Success 26. Success
27. Failure 28.
29. 30.
______
Last edited by oolala53 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:13 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:13 pm

bumpin' it up
Please pray for me

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:57 pm

Why not? I'll try this. I just started with this structure last week, so my challenge is to see how it works for me.

3. Success
4. Success
5. Success
6. Success
7. Success
8. Success
9. Saturday
10. Sunday
11. Success
12. Success
13. Success
14. Success
15. Success
16. Saturday
17. Sunday
18. Success
19. Success
20. Success
21. Success
22. Success
23. Saturday
24. Sunday
25. Success
26. Success
27. Success
28. Success
29. Success
30. Saturday
Last edited by Who Me? on Fri May 06, 2011 7:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.

mrsj

Post by mrsj » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:31 am

Spring has sprung, so let's put a little spring in our steps!

We are all doing great! For some of us, I'm hoping that no news is good news.
Nothing is impossible-only improbable.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:27 am

bump
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

annabirk

Post by annabirk » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:59 pm

Last month I didn't track. So, I'm not sure how I did. This month I am going to track for noS and glass ceiling. I take my S days on Friday and Saturday, since Friday is the only day of the week my husband and I both have off work.

No S

Glass Ceiling

Last edited by annabirk on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpiritSong

Post by SpiritSong » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:38 pm

bump :)

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:35 am

How's everyone doing? I'm moseying along, writing nonsense on my updates, but it's positive nonsense.

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:24 am

I'm seeing lots of successes here! Great work everyone. Last week -- let's finish strong!

Julie

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:32 pm

We're on the home stretch, keep going!!!
Please pray for me

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:59 pm

Best wishes for your surgery, ~reneew.
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:52 pm

Thanks! It went really well! Feelin' fine...
Please pray for me

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:08 pm

I'm glad everything went well, renee! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:31 pm

three more days, counting today. No need to wait until May!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Mon May 02, 2011 12:51 pm

RENEEW I'm really looking forward to a May Challenge. I know I need to be responsible for myself but YOU do such a great job leading a cheering section! YOU are just what I need right now.. (talk about putting pressure on you.. sorry!!..but it is true!!) :oops: :lol:
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think another negative thought."
Peace Pilgrim

ImprisonedBeauty

Post by ImprisonedBeauty » Mon May 02, 2011 1:30 pm

Grammy G wrote:RENEEW I'm really looking forward to a May Challenge. I know I need to be responsible for myself but YOU do such a great job leading a cheering section! YOU are just what I need right now.. (talk about putting pressure on you.. sorry!!..but it is true!!) :oops: :lol:
Same here! I keep checking the forum for the May Challenge... :oops: I can haz May Challenge plz?? :D
Taking it one small step at a time.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri May 06, 2011 6:32 pm

O.K. I hear ya! I need it too, so look for it! Thanks guys!
Please pray for me