Brought Me Cookies

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

NoelFigart

Brought Me Cookies

Post by NoelFigart » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:32 pm

Today was the last class for a series I was doing, and a couple of my students were employees for a company that sells flour, baking material and... baked goods.

They brought in COOKIES!!!!!!!

It's Wednesday, darn it. I didn't eat one, but I bought the extras home after urging because I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. (And the cookies are really GOOD). I gave a cookie to my son and put the rest in the freezer. I'm waiting eagerly for Saturday now.

I wish I could have eaten a cookie in front of the class and oohed and ahhed over it, though. Not because of the cookie, but more because of the social part. I feel a little ungracious. (I claimed I couldn't because of dietary issues, which is more or less true enough).

Talk about habit. I refused a cookie without thinking.
Last edited by NoelFigart on Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

librarylady

Post by librarylady » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:38 pm

Now that's habit alright! Good for you - since you brought it home you showed them you were grateful after all!

When I think back a few years we used to have some people here at work who brought in lots of delicious goodies AND used to fill up a container with candy. Nobody in my department does that anymore thankfully. When I go into other departments I just say to myself - nope nope nope - build those habit muscles.

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:01 pm

Good for you, Noel! Very helpful post from you indeed since I was debating whether or not to just have a couple of cookies for dinner - I've had a bit of a hectic day today and can't be bothered cooking (those baked goods in my freezer were calling my name ) However, since reading your post, your resolve seems to have rubbed on to me and I've decided to be a good girl as well....those cookies can keep till the weekend. Only a couple of days to go anyway.

Going off to prepare something nutritious for dinner now....

Thank you!
No S-er since December 2009
Streamlined S Days: 6/25/12
SW: 170 /CW: 127
Weight loss to date: 43 lbs

DaveMc

Re: Brought Me Cookies

Post by DaveMc » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:26 pm

NoelFigart wrote:(And the cookies are really GOOD).
I was about to start cross-examining you: "Oh, really, Ms. Figart, the cookies are good? And how do you know that [dramatic pause] IF YOU DIDN'T EAT ANY?" [Dum-dum-duhhmm.]

But then I realized you'd probably just had them some other time. So never mind, and congratulations on your adherence to habit. :)

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:36 pm

Yes, Dave, I'd had cookies from the King Arthur bakery at another time.

Goodness me, I really must learn to be more precise in my writing. Wouldn't want my veracity doubted.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

ellgee

Post by ellgee » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:39 pm

Mmmmm. Cookies......Way to go! That's a great habit!

We had an imaging company drop off little bags of chocolates for all our employees today. While everybody was tearing into theirs, I set mine aside. On Saturday, those chocolates and me? We're gonna dance.

Laura
Laura

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:46 pm

Shall we call you Dances with Chocolate, Laura? *grin*

Treats in their proper place are more fun.
------

ellgee

Post by ellgee » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:58 pm

YES!!!!! I love it! Sounds very classy. Much better than Dances FOR Chocolate but since I've not ever had that situation occur, I can't say that I wouldn't do it! :D
Laura

ruxpin55

Post by ruxpin55 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:39 pm

haha.. you are all so funny!

I think I'm going to like it around here!

you are all making this "diet"-thing, dare I say, F U N ? :-)
Jamie
--------------------
God is most glorified in me, when I am most satisfied in Him.
"Why do you spend your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, And delight yourself in abundance.
(Isaiah 55:2)

Becoming

Re: Brought Me Cookies

Post by Becoming » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:06 am

NoelFigart wrote:I wish I could have eaten a cookie in front of the class and oohed and ahhed over it, though. Not because of the cookie, but more because of the social part. I feel a little ungracious.
I can completely relate.
Hooray for you, Noel! Cookies are an issue for me. I've discovered that I can't even have the ingredients for them in my home! :)

DaveMc

Post by DaveMc » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:21 am

NoelFigart wrote:Goodness me, I really must learn to be more precise in my writing. Wouldn't want my veracity doubted.
No worries, it's just that my daughter's been reading Encyclopedia Brown, so I'm being exposed (again) to the worldview in which any (apparent) internal contradiction in any statement, however tiny, is evidence of Having Done the Crime.

TV Tropes (danger! time-eating link ahead!) has a nice page about how absurd this is, currently called "Conviction by Contradiction", but I much prefer the original name, "Bugs Meany is Gonna Walk":

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... sGonnaWalk

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:25 am

Encyclopedia Brown was AWESOME.

And I think you're being a bit irresponsible and unthinking to be pushing TV Tropes on an innocent and unsuspecting audience like that. Think of the wasted time!
------

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:37 am

And now it's an S-day and I can have a cookie. YA!
------

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:45 pm

Noel, Good for you.Image

Here's a tip about storing cookies that could
be really helpful to No S members.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGaBmg6giMw
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

DaveMc

Post by DaveMc » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:30 pm

Way to keep on habit, Noel! Well done.