2 meals vs. 3

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Katherine Ruth

2 meals vs. 3

Post by Katherine Ruth » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:42 pm

Hi everyone,

First day on No S here! :D Having previously noshed all day long, I was so concerned about getting hungry that I ate a really big breakfast. Now here it is almost 5pm and I still haven't had lunch! I'm getting hungry now but at lunchtime, I was still full. I eat dinner pretty early so it looks like I'm only going to get two meals in today. Now, I understand from the book that the maximum should be the minimum, and it's not desirable to skip meals. Presumably I should pare down my breakfasts a bit in the future and get a better sense of what keeps me sated just until lunch. However, I have to say it was very convenient not eating lunch, as I used that time slot to work out instead! Does anyone eat just 2 meals on N days? I certainly agree that skipping a meal when you're hungry isn't a good idea, but if you're not... what then?
Kate

cjgoodson2

Post by cjgoodson2 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:59 pm

To be honest, I had the same question. Today, I had class from 11am to 3pm straight. I had breakfast at 8am (just kashi cereal), so I didn't really have "lunch" until 3. By then, I didn't really feel hungry, but I had an apple and a banana anyway, so I figured I'll just eat my last meal at dinner around 6 or 7.
"A dream backed by an unrelenting will to attain it, is truly a reality with an imminent arrival"- Anthony Robbins
Ht: 5'3"
SW: 148
CW: 120
GW: 115

milliem

Post by milliem » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:05 pm

Well, I rarely eat breakfast and if I do it's usually just a piece of fruit or a small low fat yoghurt rather than a 'plateful'. I may overcompensate with larger plates for lunch and dinner though, at the moment I'm struggling to get a grip with plate 'size' and what's appropriate.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:36 pm

I frequently only eat two meals daily, not being a big breakfast eater. When I do eat breakfast, it's usually small -- or late enough to be brunch, then no lunch and nothing until dinner.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:05 am

My opinion: If it's NATURAL for you to eat two meals a day, go for it.

That said, I think it would be amazingly FOOLISH to TRY to do it to be extra "good" if it's not naturally a comfortable pattern.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:18 am

Noel always says it best.
NoelFigart wrote:My opinion: If it's NATURAL for you to eat two meals a day, go for it.

That said, I think it would be amazingly FOOLISH to TRY to do it to be extra "good" if it's not naturally a comfortable pattern.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."