small lunches??

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

cjgoodson2

small lunches??

Post by cjgoodson2 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:51 pm

Ok so i'm pretty comfortable with the No S's (about a month in). Is it ok that I'm only eating 2 or 3 pieces of fruit for lunch? Usually it's a banana, grapefruit, or apple (two of the three). They are usually pretty filling...especially the grapefruit, which I love! I usually have a nice bowl of healthy cereal with 2% milk. It lasts me for a good 4-5 hours. I also haven't been eating as much meat lately. My cravings just aren't as crazy as they use to be for anything really. I definitely eat a bigger meal for dinner. Usually fruits, veggies, and some type of meat, sandwich, or pasta (whatever's at the cafeteria). I'm also taking my vitamins (multi, vit C, calcium, B12/iron) in the evening to make sure I'm getting enough nutrients. I just don't feel the need to eat as much as I use to. Last semester, I was eating pretty much all day. It's just nice to know I have better habits. I just want to make sure I'm not eating too little now. Never thought I'd be saying that :P
"A dream backed by an unrelenting will to attain it, is truly a reality with an imminent arrival"- Anthony Robbins
Ht: 5'3"
SW: 148
CW: 120
GW: 115

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:05 pm

Technically, as long as it fits on a plate and isn't a sweet, it's okay. It may not be the most balanced nutritionally, but it's significantly better than some other choices that could be made.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:48 am

If you feel satisfied, that's what counts. I hope you are not choosing these things as a way to cut calories, though. but if they are convenient, enjoyable, and leave you content. mazel tov.

What's the cereal for, breakfast?

If you read the checkins, you'll see people eat a variety of food types. Some are vegetarians, some eat relatively low carb, and everything in between.

When we eat less than we actually need, at some point the body kicks in and uses the fat we have stored, so we won't feel hungry while it's doing that. It goes in and out of fat burning. Sounds like yours is working.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

cjgoodson2

Post by cjgoodson2 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:01 am

I usually eat kashi heart to heart cereal or mini wheats. I love them both!
"A dream backed by an unrelenting will to attain it, is truly a reality with an imminent arrival"- Anthony Robbins

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:08 pm

It's totally allowable to just have fruit for lunch, as long as it fits on a plate -- my big concern would be that too light a lunch would lead to ravenous eating at dinnertime, but it sounds like you're not getting excessively hungry.

I would be aware of the possibility that you're undereatng in an attempt to cut calories, which can be dangerous -- but if you really are satisfied on that light a lunch, and eating a real dinner, then you should be fine!

librarylady

Post by librarylady » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:19 pm

I tend to eat a fairly light breakfast and lunch - usually just a bowl of bran w/1% milk, OJ with water and coffee for breakfast and one piece of fruit with unflavored yogurt for lunch. This is nothing new - I've been doing it for the last few years. I used to snack between meals, however, but I find that I am actually ok with that breakfast and lunch with no snacking.

In fact I don't really like a big lunch especially - it makes me sleepy in the afternoon. I had a tuna wrap on Friday since I was at a conference. I really felt stuffed - and it wasn't that big! On an S day I'll usually have a bigger breakfast, but rarely a bigger lunch.

I do like a nice substantial (but one plate!) dinner and I fuss a bit to make it very tasty.

As long as you are feeling alright, do what seems best.

cjgoodson2

Post by cjgoodson2 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:36 pm

It really does satisfy me, and it's also super convenient for when I'm on the go. I'm usually not at all ravenous by dinner. Most of the time there's a 5 hour stretch between my meals, and I've gotten good with drinking about 32 oz of water in between as well as tea to hold me. Thanks for the input!

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:41 pm

cjgoodson2 wrote:It really does satisfy me,
and it's also super convenient for when I'm on the go.
I'm usually not at all ravenous by dinner.
Most of the time there's a 5 hour stretch between my meals
Image Congratulations on finding a lighter way to eat that works for you.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com