I actually threw it away!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

kittymom

I actually threw it away!

Post by kittymom » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:20 pm

Last night my work place had a birthday celebration for one of our co-workers. All evening I was able to ignore the cookies and treats by saying, "We're going to have all kinds of goodies on Sunday for Easter."

But when our lunch break came someone thrust a piece of molten lava Chocolate cake into my hand. My first thought was, "Well, I almost made it two weeks. But I have to eat this one someone will notice." Then I immediately told myself, "I don't have to care what other people notice." So I stood there with the plate in my hand laughing, joking, and smiling. When the end of break came I dropped the plate in the trash can as I walked by. No one noticed. No one cared. I did it.

I actually threw away chocolate cake. It was an amazing feeling. I wish I had discovered No S sooner. :lol:

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:42 pm

Good for you!!!

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:43 pm

Congratuations!

kccc

Re: I actually threw it away!

Post by kccc » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:08 pm

kittymom wrote:No one noticed. No one cared. I did it.
Isn't it amazingly freeing to realize that most people don't notice or care what you eat?

(Though you can always count on a pat on the back here for a triumph!)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:55 pm

you rule!!! :D
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

TLMWA

Way to go!

Post by TLMWA » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:24 pm

:mrgreen:

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:47 am

Good for you! I am just now starting to do that with sweets. I used to always worry that if I threw something away, somebody would see me and get offended. Well, at Bible study last Tuesday, I took a pink donut that was sitting out, mainly because I liked the color (silly, but true!). I took about 2 bites of it and decided it was way too icky sweet, so I put my napkin over it and threw it away. Nobody noticed or cared. :)

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:45 pm

Eating to "fit in" is something I need to remember to stop doing. I cannot imagine (for myself) a stupider reason to eat.

tobiasmom

Yay!

Post by tobiasmom » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:02 pm

Awesome!!! I really have to tell myself that people aren't paying attention to my habits nearly as much as I think they are. Everybody's wrapped up in themselves. I seriously never watch what other people eat, but I always think they are watching me!!! ha.

Mrandy1

Post by Mrandy1 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:10 pm

That's fantastic!

Sweets & treats are much better on an S day
Mrandy1

Starting weight 3/20/2011: 176
Weight as of 4/23/2011. 169.8
Weight as of 5/5/2011. 169.5
goal BMI 24.9 = 164 lbs

Over43

Re: I actually threw it away!

Post by Over43 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:30 pm

kittymom wrote:Last night my work place had a birthday celebration for one of our co-workers. All evening I was able to ignore the cookies and treats by saying, "We're going to have all kinds of goodies on Sunday for Easter."

But when our lunch break came someone thrust a piece of molten lava Chocolate cake into my hand. My first thought was, "Well, I almost made it two weeks. But I have to eat this one someone will notice." Then I immediately told myself, "I don't have to care what other people notice." So I stood there with the plate in my hand laughing, joking, and smiling. When the end of break came I dropped the plate in the trash can as I walked by. No one noticed. No one cared. I did it.

I actually threw away chocolate cake. It was an amazing feeling. I wish I had discovered No S sooner. :lol:
I have stood around with drinks in my hand (I don't particularly care for alcohol...), and as long as I look like I am drinking while I am having a good time, no one else seems to notice.

Kind of the same thing I guess.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

SpiritSong

Post by SpiritSong » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:12 pm

Way to go, kittymom! That is pretty good to actually have the sweet in your hand and be able to toss it. :D

oliviamanda

Post by oliviamanda » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:58 pm

I used to feel pressured at work. The funny thing is I work closely with three other women and when there are desserts, the three of them usually do not partake, which makes it easier for me. One just doesn't ever, the second has a nut allergey and lots of sweets may have nuts in them, and the third just in general says no. Although my brain might be screaming YES, EAT IT!, I can look around and find that I might be the only one in my group going for it, and I stop myself.
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain