Starting tomorrow May 26th

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

erialicia

Starting tomorrow May 26th

Post by erialicia » Thu May 26, 2011 12:12 am

Hello!

I am so excited that I found this "diet". I have been overweight since I got married 17 years ago. Never had a weight problem before, but always was what I'd call a "food addict". Love food!

I have tried every.single.diet known to man. Everything from Atkins, Raw food, vegan, Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem, and even fasting! I always admired my grandmother how she ate whatever she wanted. Good homecooked food, three meals a day, no snacks and lived to be 96 years old. I actually googled "grandma's diet" and that is how I discovered the No S diet.

I just got the book from Amazon, and I already feel less stressed out and anxious about losing weight. I have to lose 80 pounds and would love to lose it in one year, but most important get my binging and obsessive thoughts about food under control.

Tomorrow I start. Since I am such a food addict, I don't know if I will eat the S foods on weekends. I am too afraid to even go there. We'll see!

Thanks for this forum and I hope to be a big part of it!
Eri

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Thu May 26, 2011 12:18 am

Good Luck!

One piece of advice is to stick to the simple rules of plain "vanilla" No S. Do not resort to thinking you have to do all the things all those different diets told you to do.

I had a similar amount of weight to lose (70) and after 5 months, I know have 41.2 lbs to lose just following the basic rules, using the Habit Cal calendars, and getting some daily exercise.

Again, GOOD LUCK!
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

erialicia

Post by erialicia » Thu May 26, 2011 12:21 am

What is this "vanilla" i keep reading about? I have my book, but cannot find it? thanks!
Eri

jellybeans01

Post by jellybeans01 » Thu May 26, 2011 1:28 am

welcome Carolyn, I think you will find this to be a wonderful way to lose weight. I have done many many diets also, though, I never have gone raw, and I admire people who are able to do that for any amount of time. I love the no s personally because it fits so easily into normal life. I hope it works great for you.

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Thu May 26, 2011 3:41 am

Vanilla No S is just following the basic rules of No S, without adding or taking anything away. I think there is a post it on the main page of terms that may be helpful to look at.

Good luck and you are certainly in the right place.
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Thu May 26, 2011 11:13 am

Grandma (the archetype grandma) ate the way she did because that's the all the food she had while growing up. There was enough for three meals (usually) and maybe some treats that someone made from scratch on special occassions or perhaps fresh fruit in season. There were no grocery store shelves overflowing with packeted foods whose names ended in "ee" or "oodle" or "ing". Soft drinks were dispensed at a soda fountain or vending machine in 6-8 ounce containers. Eating out was rare; even a road trip often meant eating from a hamper than stopping at a diner.

No wonder she didn't have a weight problem, at least by today's standards. Every once in a while I'll flip through an old woman's magazine and roll my eyes at the diet ads. If they only knew...

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Thu May 26, 2011 12:44 pm

Reading Reinhard's book is excellent starting behavior.
Good luck with your plan.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com