Use Spam Product to Stay Healthy

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

jentrom

Use Spam Product to Stay Healthy

Post by jentrom » Fri May 27, 2011 7:58 am

[ spam deleted ]

Hoeka

Post by Hoeka » Fri May 27, 2011 10:01 am

Why does this post make me think of spam? And no, not the type that comes in a can :lol:
Our bodies are our gardens to which our wills are gardeners - Shakespeare

DaveMc

Post by DaveMc » Fri May 27, 2011 11:30 am

If it's not spam, it's doing an incredible imitation.

ThomsonsPier

Post by ThomsonsPier » Fri May 27, 2011 11:33 am

I just had a quick look on the SPAM website to concoct a joke about tinned meat and herbs, and discovered that a spreadable version of SPAM exists.

Now I feel ill.
ThomsonsPier

It's a trick. Get an axe.

Who Me?

SPAM

Post by Who Me? » Fri May 27, 2011 1:56 pm

This is spam.

Can it be removed?

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Fri May 27, 2011 2:11 pm

i sent Reinard a note @ it.
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think another negative thought."
Peace Pilgrim

Nicest of the Damned

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Fri May 27, 2011 2:38 pm

ThomsonsPier wrote:I just had a quick look on the SPAM website to concoct a joke about tinned meat and herbs, and discovered that a spreadable version of SPAM exists.

Now I feel ill.
Yuck!

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Fri May 27, 2011 4:25 pm

I love Spam! I'll have the spam, spam, herbal supplements, spam, spam, eggs, and spam, please.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri May 27, 2011 6:40 pm

Can it be removed?
Yup!

Either the spambots' AI have improved or there are some sorry underpaid humani beings filling out webforms -- I've noticed a definite uptick recently.

Reinhard

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Fri May 27, 2011 10:02 pm

Spam Sushi!!!!

Who's from Hawaii?? (I'm not.)

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Fri May 27, 2011 10:59 pm

I think it is really funny that we are having so much fun with.. SPAM! My thought was that you could probably get a pet(or person who liked processed food) to take it's herbal medication capsule if you embedded it in ta da spam.! :roll:
Thanks for addressing this so quickly, Reinhard! love the new title!!
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think another negative thought."
Peace Pilgrim

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Sat May 28, 2011 11:42 am

OMG..this is NOT what I wanted to see first thing in the A.M.!! OR maybe it is!!! :wink: If I put this Spam pic on/in the frig, I would really walk away from the frig rather than search for a snack! :idea: maybe you have discovered a great visual for no S ing!! :idea:
Peace Pilgrim

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Sat May 28, 2011 1:06 pm

I'll point out that none of the ingredients require refrigeration.

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Sat May 28, 2011 10:38 pm

Are you telling me that Spam can just... set out? for days on end? I think one of the no S-es should stand for Spam.. That picture is horrible, who!
My mom actually used to serve Spam for dinner! (Remember I am o-l-d)
She would top it with a mixture of brown sugar and brown mustard and ground cloves and bake the poor little thing! I actually liked the sauce so I ate a little Spam slathered with the sweet sauce. Hubby likes Spam and eggs. It is 2 of his fav.food groups..fats and salt... poor guy, I haven't made it for him in years..and don't plan to for years either :shock: I'm still gonna hang it on the frig..a great deterrent to eating!!
Peace Pilgrim

ThomsonsPier

Post by ThomsonsPier » Tue May 31, 2011 11:30 am

Spam fritters were a favourite at school (for certain values of 'favourite'), and some friends of mine had an interesting culinary experience using them as a template. For those unaware, Spam fritters are composed of a slice of (allegedly) meat carved from the malevolent pinkish block that comes out of a tin which is then dipped in batter and deep fried.

Reasoning that corned beef comes in a tin of a similar shape and can also be sliced into the required shape, my house-mates submitted it to the above process. It may or may not surprise you to learn that corned beef fritters do not result. Though I was out when this experiment occurred, I am informed that a plate of mostly dissolved corned beef and some bits of crispy batter make a fine and nourishing evening meal with enough ketchup. I am not sure that I agree.
ThomsonsPier

It's a trick. Get an axe.