Perspective

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gk

Perspective

Post by gk » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:26 am

Whenever I get overly frustrated with the constant struggle of trying to stick to a diet (my habitcal right now is pretty RED), I stop and remind myself to look at the bigger picture. There are MANY other things in life that could happen that are much more worth getting upset about (i.e., loss of a loved one). When I get too wrapped up in feeling low about not being able to do this "one simple thing", I know that's when I need to get some perspective.

I heard this line once in a movie and I repeat it often to myself, and it really helps......... "Treat each day as though it is your last.....because one day it will be."

When you think about it that way....do you really want to spend your time obsessing about this stuff? I guess that's where "mark it and move on" really comes into play. Anything else is just a waste of precious time.

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:38 am

Well said GK. It really is such a waste of time and energy..obsessing and hating the one body we have. There are people all over the world, losing loved ones, losing their health, their homes and so on. Maybe we should have a place for that on our Habit cal called "Today, I kept perspective. Today, I did not sweat the small stuff"

Thanks for the perspective!
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:57 am

I've been using a motto I made up a few months ago. Be tough on yourself before you break your own rules and gentle, if need be, after. Truth is we're usually too easy on ourselves, talking ourselves into eating immoderately before we do it, and then berating ourselves afterwards. For habit change, it's got to be the other way around, including marking it and moving on.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)