Intro and Pregnancy

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

SamandJ

Intro and Pregnancy

Post by SamandJ » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:54 pm

Hi,
I have recently discovered that I am expecting. I am seriously considering following this plan to avoid excessive weight gain. I am about 40lbs overweight already and I am short (5'1). Has anyone here successfully followed No S while pregnant? I'd love to hear from you if you have.

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:47 pm

Welcome & congratulations!!! :D I know that there are at least a couple of other expectant mommies on the Boards and hopefully they will be able to chime in. (No S is certainly do-able during pregnancy, though some find it helpful to add a 4th or 5th healthy "mini meal" to help with nausea, etc.)
Restarted No S (3rd times a charm!) January 2010 at 145 lbs

jellybeans01

Post by jellybeans01 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:54 pm

I'm doing no s and I am four months along. I was really sick with nausea so I had to alter the plan for the first 3 months. So far I have gained about 6lbs.
I know there is a lady who did no s throught her pregnancy and I wish I could remember her name. I think she only gained like 25lbs.

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:03 pm

Nichole, I believe. :D http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=4002 She did a modified form of No S during pregnancy with great success.
Restarted No S (3rd times a charm!) January 2010 at 145 lbs

SamandJ

Post by SamandJ » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:26 am

Thanks for the info. I'm about six weeks but haven't had any nausea. Hopefully that will skip by me.

I'm not so concerned with losing of course but I really don't want to pack on unnecessary weight. I figure if I don't go overboard with eating then what I gain will be all that my body needs whether it's 15 lbs or 40 lbs.

I think I'll go for it and I'll use the journal section here to track my experience (maybe it will help someone else in the future).

Andie

Post by Andie » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:35 am

Welcome and congratulations on the pregnancy! There's no reason why you couldn't follow no s while you're pregnant, it's a perfectly sensible plan. I personally didn't in the first half because I had quite bad morning sickness (I actually lost weight) during the first half, and then during the second half of my pregnancy I was so hungry I just tried to focus on nutrition, and eating lots of fruits and veggies. People will try and get you to eat more, especially treats and such, because you're "eating for two". In fact, it's even more important to avoid junk and sugar when you're pregnant than any other time to make sure you get enough nutrients to grow a little human being! I used to imagine feeding the meals I was eating to my child. For example, I would never take my child to Mcdonalds for lunch more than once a month, I would never feed my child cookies and candies on a daily basis, etc. so I found it easy to obstain while pregnant because there was another person depending on me. (the rest of the time however, is another story!)
I gained 35 pounds during my pregnancy, but I tend to put on a lot of water weight when I'm pregnant. I had lost 30 of them within about a week and a half after delivery, and the other 5 came of over the next couple weeks.
Anyway, no s is great, and although I didn't follow it while pregnant, I'm loving it for post partum and breastfeeding :) (my little one is 5 months, pre pregnancy weight 207, current weight 198)
Back after a long hiatus.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:18 pm

Welcome! (and congratulations!)

A bunch of people have reported No-essing while pregnant on these boards over the years with some success (obviously one doesn't want to be too hard core). I'll see if I can dig up some old threads in a bit.

Reinhard