Hello There!! (Again)

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Tonsha

Hello There!! (Again)

Post by Tonsha » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:14 am

Hello there!

I've not been around here for a while, but when my weight hit 14 stone (196lbs) I decided it was time to do something about it. I've been NoS'ing now for about 5 weeks now, and using HabitCal to track my progress (Brilliant idea Reinhard! I was using a similar system way back in 2004 when I was NoS'ing originally. Should've just give it a quirky name, eh? :D )

I've also been Urban Rangering - 4 miles in the morning on my way to work (I normally catch 2 buses, so I'm effectively missing the first bus), and then a quick half hour walk at lunch time (approx 2 miles).

I've made very positive progress with both of these, and seen the weight start to drop, although I've now decided to only weigh myself once a month. There really is too much emotion invested in those little numbers - heaven forbid they go up! :evil: The really great thing is that I can actually *feel* my belly getting smaller. And I've had third party confirmation that this is so - apart from my wife! :D

I don't intend to use my daily check in thread on a daily basis, but I will probably update it monthly or so, and try and be involved with the forum in other threads.

Nice to be back!

DaveA
"The best diet is the one you don’t know you’re on" - Brian Wansink

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:21 am

Welcome back, DaveA!
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.