If you started in June/July/Aug/Sept - Stop in :)

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

NoSnacker

If you started in June/July/Aug/Sept - Stop in :)

Post by NoSnacker » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:09 am

I started on June 10 and was hoping to connect with other newbies.

Seems like people come and go so fast and I would like to buddy up with a couple people as a support system.

See ya around

:mrgreen:
Last edited by NoSnacker on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8

Anoulie

Post by Anoulie » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:18 am

I restarted on July 7th and have been green for three and a half weeks straight now :)

Naebird

Post by Naebird » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:37 pm

Oooh me!! Me!! :D

I started in mid-July. I am still hanging in there. My first week was a little.....off. I kept eating things that were too sweet at meals but in August I have managed to stay all green. I am hoping to go the full month. Let's keep our fingers crossed shall we?
SW - 220 (started July 21, 2011)
CW - 208.4
GW - 165ish

5'11, 35 year old, girly girl

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit."
Aristotle

Naebird- Getting healthier everyday!!

carolz

Post by carolz » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:31 pm

I re-started on July 25. I first tried No S two years ago and got discouraged because although I was losing, it was slow. Now I know that I still had Diet Head and I soon succumbed to yet another fad diet (17-Day Diet anyone?). I lost quickly on that one (of course - it's low carb) and then regained quickly (of course). I know No S is the way to go, especially for me. One thing I'm changing this time is the scale. No more than once a month. Otherwise, I'm afraid I'll get discouraged again.

DaveMc

Post by DaveMc » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:41 pm

I started in July ... of 2009. Hang in there!

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:12 pm

Anoulie, Naebird, CarolZ, DaveMc

Glad to see some newbies as I'm one myself.

Carolz, I did buy the book for the 17 Day Diet, but did not even try it..I just didn't have it in me to start yet another diet.

I agree this is a slow process, but the sanity is so rewarding at this point.

And I'm working at staying off the scale, sure can ruin a "girls" day :mrgreen:

Naebird, you go girllllll..green so far is so nice...I was green until the other day but back on track..the binge was so not worth it and I felt like crap..so just not worth it..learning slowly but surely.

So I hope us newbies and of course you DaveMc can all stay in touch and encourage each other.

Do you each have a daily check-in, that I can pop in to say hi? OR we can keep in touch on this post that I started...what do you think??

Naebird

Post by Naebird » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:06 pm

I have a daily check in. "A Little Birdie Told Me" that's me!

And you know what? One red in a month of greens is pretty dang good. I mean just think about how much improvement that is over how you used to eat. If you look at it like a huge amount of awesome and one little tiny flub up, it puts it more into prespective.

Mistakes aren't the end of the world, they are the launching pad for more wisdom, if you are honest about them and are reflective about your actions.

We got this girl!! We got this.
SW - 220 (started July 21, 2011)
CW - 208.4
GW - 165ish

5'11, 35 year old, girly girl

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit."
Aristotle

Naebird- Getting healthier everyday!!

Anoulie

Post by Anoulie » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:50 am

I don't want a Daily Check-in as I want this "diet" to become second nature to me, and I find reporting on it daily to be somewhat counterproductive. But to each their own, I suppose.

Some information on me:

Name: Katie
Height: 5' 2.2"
Starting weight: 120.6 lb
Goal weight: 105 - 110 lb
Current weight (last time I measured, which was August 13): 116.6 lb

I started No S in September 2009, and except for the first day when I just forgot that I was on the program and put some pretzels into my mouth, didn't fail until July '10 or so. Which then totally freaked me out, I tweaked the program, it worked for a couple of months (I weighed 98.3 lb at the lowest point), but not in the long run, and when finals approached and I became stressed out, i turned to food as a way to comfort myself... and gained all the weight I lost on No S back.
Getting back on track was way, way harder than when I first started. But last month, we were on vacation and I was able to get in a full week of green and exercise every day. That was a good foundation, and I've had no red days ever since.
What I want to work on, though, is that when I have a red day, I just get back on track the next day... not next week, or next month, just the next day. Mark it and move on. I still seem to be having trouble with that (especially since my first round of No S was so easy).
My comfort weight last year was around 105 lb, but anything under 110 lb (50 kg) is fine with me.

That's it about me... anything else you'd like to know... oh, right! I make bentos (kind of): http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=7104 Check it out!

Katie
There's only us, there's only this
Forget regret, or life is yours to miss.
No other road, no other way,
No day but today.

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:27 am

Anoulie wrote:I started No S in September 2009, and except for the first day when I just forgot that I was on the program and put some pretzels into my mouth, didn't fail until July '10 or so.
Wow this is great. I see you also lost some weight! I think you are right it is harder to get back on track after such a success, but it is possible as you are proving it.
Anoulie wrote:What I want to work on, though, is that when I have a red day, I just get back on track the next day... not next week, or next month, just the next day. Mark it and move on. I still seem to be having trouble with that (especially since my first round of No S was so easy).

I'm with you on this one, I think it is diet head that makes it hard to pick up an move on..but just like quitting smoking or building a habit it can work for someone the first time, or on the 20th attempt, but if we don't give up it will work.

I know how emotions can take a hold of us under pressure..but you have seemed to find your way back..

I thought for me this quote is so true....

"If a man (woman) really wants something he/she will find a way, if he doesn't he will find an excuse" Stephen Dolley Jr.

I commented on your bento post, such a great concept. It seems like a brown bag lunch to me, which I do today. I have a couple really nice lunch bags that are special and always 99.9% of the time take my lunch to work..cheaper and healthier by far.

But I will check out the site, I'm always looking for ideas!
Deb

Nice to meet you Katie!

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:52 pm

Anoulie wrote:You count ALL of your days on program, including S days.

Remember, you can't fail on an S day, so no matter how wild yours were, they count!
Thanks for the info...

p.s. just cut and pasted your quote to here..

bjalda

Post by bjalda » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:30 pm

I (re)started at the end of July and so far I have had 14 successes and 4 failures. Not perfect I know, but butter than it would have been without No S.
I am 5"8 tall and in the beginning I weighed around 150lbs. I always felt best aroung 140 +/-

I too want to get rid of my "diet-head".. I just don't want to think about food/weight loss/dieting for the rest of my life, there really are more interesting things to keep yourself busy with

I will add this mod: No Solitary Snacking -- even on S-days
Because I can see now how unnecessary and unsatisfying I find snacking and unless I don't have company, there really is no need for me to do it anymore.
Expectation exists when there is fear.
- Swami

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:29 pm

bjalda wrote:I (re)started at the end of July and so far I have had 14 successes and 4 failures. Not perfect I know, but butter than it would have been without No S....I too want to get rid of my "diet-head".. I just don't want to think about food/weight loss/dieting for the rest of my life, there really are more interesting things to keep yourself busy with
Yes, this is really the plan to help rid us all of diet head, some faster than others I'm sure..I guess it all depends on how bad we want to be rid of it..

K, let's all keep in touch and stop by to say hi and be here for each other..as most of the world is either not dieting and eating like crazy, or dieting living every moment in worrying about what to do and not to do.

Love this plan! I don't even like to call it No S Diet...as it truly isn't..

luhenry

Just started!!

Post by luhenry » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:01 pm

Hi there!!I found out about the No S diet just last friday and was reeeeally happy cause even being skinny I feel like I am not "diet free"...I constantly worries about food and constantly overeat and then try some stupid diet that will make me thinner for a while and then binge on the next week...in other words..I DO NOT HAVE CONTROL OVER MY BODY!!! I started yesterday and really think that with this new way of life (this is not a diet!!is a way of life...a healthy way!!) I will gain control over my body!! I only have one question....how do u measure your breakfast meals?? I usually eat some fruits with oats and yogurt and a cup of milk but i am clueless on the no seconds in this case...can anyone help me?? If i want a sandwitch...is that ok???

NoSnacker

Re: Just started!!

Post by NoSnacker » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:36 pm

luhenry wrote:I only have one question....how do u measure your breakfast meals?? I usually eat some fruits with oats and yogurt and a cup of milk but i am clueless on the no seconds in this case...can anyone help me?? If i want a sandwitch...is that ok???
Breakfast might be harder to measure, but if you have a serving of oatmeal, and a yogurt or fruit, I think that might work. Oh something like 2 eggs and toast as well as fruit...sounds like a good breakfast

I use 9 inch plates for my dinner..lunch I usually have a salad and fruit. Sometimes it is visualizing a plate of food.

I would think once you eat what you consider your breakfast, going back for more would be seconds.

I have more trouble with snacks, if I have snacks I end up binging.

Welcome...do you have the book? If not you might want to consider buying it..if you have a kindle, you can upload to your kindle.

luhenry

Post by luhenry » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:54 pm

Hey there noSnacker!! Thanx for your help!! I am from Brazil so its a little bit harder for me to buy it..I am going to miami in november and will try to buy it then...I am really enjoying this new way of life!! I am thin but always had trouble eating normal quantities and frequently I felt ashamed of how much I eat in front of my friends!! My breakfast i am still trying to find out the OK measure but i love to eat lots of fruits (like one slice of papaya, some strawberries, some grapes...all together with oats and flaxseeds or granola...) ...i realized that the most important thing is to REALIZE how much u eat by putting it all together in the same plate..i usually served small quantities but several times..i knew i was eating more than i should but when u break in 2-3 plates u dont really feel the amount and dont realize how disgusting it can be!!! So..i really think I found my way!!! Will keep using this forum and hope to see u around!

luhenry

Post by luhenry » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:57 pm

Also..i forgot..i really miss the snacks!! I am really used to then and they actually help me to eat less but i need to search more about it...we were so brainwashed from all the comercials and stuff that i reaally feel guilty (like i am burning my muscles cause they dont have enough food if i dont eat every 3 hours or my blood sugar will be too high and etc..) by just eating 3 times a day!!

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:13 pm

luhenry wrote:Also..i forgot..i really miss the snacks!! I am really used to then and they actually help me to eat less but i need to search more about it...we were so brainwashed from all the comercials and stuff that i reaally feel guilty (like i am burning my muscles cause they dont have enough food if i dont eat every 3 hours or my blood sugar will be too high and etc..) by just eating 3 times a day!!
I think if you eat your 3 squares your muscles should be fine..they say that ya, our metoblism is only speeded up a tad by snacking all day..

Man oh man, since I have been paying attention, I can't believe all the snacks out there being offered to us....amazing.

Do you have diabetes? Wasn't sure about your blood sugar being too high.

I feel great not snacking and my meals tastes so much better these days..

Anoulie

Post by Anoulie » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:39 pm

NoSnacker wrote:
Anoulie wrote:What I want to work on, though, is that when I have a red day, I just get back on track the next day... not next week, or next month, just the next day. Mark it and move on. I still seem to be having trouble with that (especially since my first round of No S was so easy).

I'm with you on this one, I think it is diet head that makes it hard to pick up an move on..but just like quitting smoking or building a habit it can work for someone the first time, or on the 20th attempt, but if we don't give up it will work.
I hope so... just had my first red day -- on all of my HabitCals (three) :shock: But I'll be getting back on track tomorrow with three meals, one hour of exercise and one chapter in my Bulgarian textbook.
No day but today.

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:07 am

Anoulie wrote:I hope so... just had my first red day -- on all of my HabitCals (three) :shock: But I'll be getting back on track tomorrow with three meals, one hour of exercise and one chapter in my Bulgarian textbook.
Hi, I know it must have been disappointing as I'm sure you are a perfectionist like me :). But ya know, this is a lesson for us to learn we are definitely human and are capable of continuing on and coming out on top. Give yourself a hug....you are okay...you surely did a lot better than me..I have been in this for 3 months almost and had 1 red day in June, 3 in july, and 2 so far for august...

You can find your green groove again... :mrgreen:

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:09 pm

How is everyone doing?

Anoulie

Post by Anoulie » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:37 pm

Had two green days after that red one :)
No day but today.

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:08 am

Anoulie wrote:Had two green days after that red one :)
I had 2 red and 2 green, hoping for a green today..

We can do it!!!!

nowornever

new to this

Post by nowornever » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:27 pm

I started on Aug. 24th and it is so different than all my "diets" I've been on but am doing ok the two days so far have been green.
My binge time is evening so hoping to break that habit and also the scale habit. It would be really nice to get rid of the sugar habit too. Seems I have a lot of habits.
One habit is I keep trying so that is the good news. :)
Hope to have lots of green days and nights and get the courage to stand up again when I fall down.

Have a green day!
One Day at a Time.

Sammybunny711

Me! Me!

Post by Sammybunny711 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:38 pm

*raises hand*

I started on August 16th (well, restarted...I forayed into calorie counting for a while and realized how No S is really where it's at!)

Only 1 red so far! Hoping I continue with just the greens and yellows! Glad to be with you guys!
Height: 5'4"
Highest weight: 210.4
Current Weight: 197.3
Goal Weight: 125-135

*^..^711

rotnkat

Post by rotnkat » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi,

I started No Sing on 8/15/11.

I found the No S diet book on my e tablet while a I was looking for yet another diet that I probably wouldn't stay on.

I still can't believe how simple this is! While some days were harder to do than other days I've been able to follow it without any problems. I wish I would've found this book years ago!!

I finally feel my obsession with food coming under control and I'm taking back my life!!!

Thank you!!

Anita
Last edited by rotnkat on Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:47 pm

Hey that is great...news..keep up the greens..they come easier on this program..
nowornever wrote:I started on Aug. 24th and it is so different than all my "diets" I've been on but am doing ok the two days so far have been green.
My binge time is evening so hoping to break that habit and also the scale habit. It would be really nice to get rid of the sugar habit too. Seems I have a lot of habits.
One habit is I keep trying so that is the good news. :)
Hope to have lots of green days and nights and get the courage to stand up again when I fall down.

Have a green day!
Hi, I had and sometimes do have terrible times at night..but I eat my dinner a little later and have fruit to end my meal. Really makes a difference with the night time binging..and without having snacks I find it helps curtail binges..
Sammybunny711 wrote:*raises hand*

I started on August 16th (well, restarted...I forayed into calorie counting for a while and realized how No S is really where it's at!)

Only 1 red so far! Hoping I continue with just the greens and yellows! Glad to be with you guys!
Awesome..that you found your way back..and that you are doing so well..hope to see you around!
rotnkat wrote:Hi,

I found the No S diet book on my e tablet while a I was looking for yet another diet that I probably wouldn't stay on.

I still can't be how simple this is! While some days were harder to do than other days I've been able to follow it without any problems. I wish I would've found this book years ago!!

I finally feel my obsession with food coming under control and I'm taking back my life!!!

Thank you!!
I do toooo wish I would have found this book years ago..the sanity is unbelievable.. and I love the freedom on the weekends except I'm working on taming mine down..over time I'm sure..at least I'm not gaining and that is a great start.

Welcome everyone!

nowornever

snacker

Post by nowornever » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:01 pm

Thanks for the encouragement. I just ordered the book so I'm looking forward to reading it and hoping it will help.

:D
One Day at a Time.

NoSnacker

Re: snacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:11 am

nowornever wrote:Thanks for the encouragement. I just ordered the book so I'm looking forward to reading it and hoping it will help.

:D
Oh most definitely the book helps. I read it on my kindle twice and then ordered the hardcopy...no with I would never read a book twice then go ahead and order it.

There is plenty on here from Reinhard, but much more detailed in the book.

Enjoy...
deb

carolz

Post by carolz » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:31 pm

Restarted 7/25 and had all green days until yesterday. I bought a box of granola bars (oats and dark chocolate - yum). I told myself I wouldn't open the box until today (S day). Ha! I not only opened the box yesterday - I ate most of the bars until I got so disgusted, I threw four of them away before I could eat them.

I was reminded of two lessons I should've learned by now: don't even think of buying S food on an NS day and even on S days, buy single servings. And I've had problems with these bars before - definitely a trigger food for me.

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:43 am

carolz wrote:I told myself I wouldn't open the box until today (S day). Ha! I not only opened the box yesterday - I ate most of the bars until I got so disgusted, I threw four of them away before I could eat them.
I'm with you on this one...if I buy it I eat it. I went grocery shopping yesterday and avoided any snack items except what I was going to eat yesterday my S day. Well I ate my treat and then ate my husband's. So I guess I have to buy just ONE....

I have eaten a whole box of 90 calorie brownies once and justified in my head this was bad but not that bad..so I didn't buy those brownies again...

I bought fruit and usually try to finish off my meals with a piece..sweet and really helps me.

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:47 am

How was your week??? How is the bento going?

I laugh at myself as I have 4 lunch bags...like a fedish...(spelling)...

NoSnacker

Re: new to this

Post by NoSnacker » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:50 am

nowornever wrote:I started on Aug. 24th and it is so different than all my "diets" I've been on but am doing ok the two days so far have been green.
How did your week go?

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:52 am

rotnkat wrote:Hi,

How are you enjoying the book? How did your week go?

rotnkat

Post by rotnkat » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:59 pm

It's going pretty well!

Yesterday my food demons started rearing their ugly head and I almost fell into the same old trap. But this time I felt somewhat empowered over them because it was an S day

I told myself it's ok go ahead and have that cookie if ya want to. So I did and I enjoyed every little crumb and the guilty feeling I used to have about it was kicked to the curb.

I love the fact that I can have a normal relationship with food again and not be obsessed with what I should and shouldn't be eating! I can't Thank Reinhard enough for bringing us "The No S Diet"!

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:06 pm

rotnkat wrote:It's going pretty well!

Yesterday my food demons started rearing their ugly head and I almost fell into the same old trap. But this time I felt somewhat empowered over them because it was an S day

I told myself it's ok go ahead and have that cookie if ya want to. So I did and I enjoyed every little crumb and the guilty feeling I used to have about it was kicked to the curb.

I love the fact that I can have a normal relationship with food again and not be obsessed with what I should and shouldn't be eating! I can't Thank Reinhard enough for bringing us "The No S Diet"!
This is awesome news!! I know I wish I would have known about this when I was in my 20's....but ya know I have learned a lot over my dieting years about nutrition, so all was not lost..

Have a great week!
Deb

nowornever

Post by nowornever » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:06 am

Well, had my first S days and found it hard. I really kind of was at a loss of what I was to do. Too many "diet rules" came into my head. Way to much fear of going off the N days. Am anxious to get the book and maybe I'll understand more.

I have had all green days since the 24th the way I understand it. I did have a bite of sugar last night. My DH had a piece of cake and I had a bite but it's my understanding that this is alright on an S day, right?

Anyway, almost happy this not an S day but an N day and I just have 3 meals to deal with today. I know this all sounds crazy but I'm going on 70 and have dieted since I was a teen so I don't know if I will live long enough to get the "diet thinking" out of my head but hope so.

I will keep trucking and hope all of you have a lot of green days.

granny
One Day at a Time.

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:33 pm

Hi yall, I started last Thursday, so count me in those who starated in August.

S days are hard for me too, I am sure That I Will eventually probably have to put some moderations on it, but not right now, and probably introduce them slowly. He suggested have 3 meals a day, and I think planned snacks ect would help. The seconds and sweets is what is such a treat for S day!
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2
72 lbs lost in 19 wks 5' 6.5" 31 years old BMI 23.1
counting bites go to: countyourbites . blogspot . com

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

started Aug 21

Post by Sweetness » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:19 am

Hi everyone!

I started Aug 21, and am really enjoying this non diet diet!

About myself
Patty
age 56, married with
5 children all grown
3 girls are from my husband with 5 grandkids from them
2 boys are our kids, still live with us, ages 24 and 23

Live in Minnesota in the summers, Mexico in the winters. We do healing rooms ministry in both places. Our boys stay here in Minn, but they spent their teen years in Mexico when we were there full time for 6 years.

About 5 years ago I lost 20 lbs on the Prism diet, kept it off for a few months, then gained it back over the next 4 years. Looking forward to staying on the no S diet and keeping it off this time. This diet is much more do-able. Prism was very restrictive with calorie counting, but I learned a lot about nutrition, so I'm grateful for it.
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)
I'm a glutton for encouragement.

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:51 am

nowornever wrote:Anyway, almost happy this not an S day but an N day and I just have 3 meals to deal with today. I know this all sounds crazy but I'm going on 70 and have dieted since I was a teen so I don't know if I will live long enough to get the "diet thinking" out of my head but hope so.
hi there...i think most of us newbies feel the same way we actually look forward to monday to get back to our 3 square.

and at 70 this is great you found this place...for the next 30 years you can have some sanity in your life :).

i'm 54 and thought man what am i doing binging still..and when will it stop, i guess unless we find what works for us like no s, we don't stop :).

welcome..granny..
deb

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:52 am

herbsgirl wrote:Hi yall, I started last Thursday, so count me in those who starated in August.

S days are hard for me too, I am sure That I Will eventually probably have to put some moderations on it, but not right now, and probably introduce them slowly. He suggested have 3 meals a day, and I think planned snacks ect would help. The seconds and sweets is what is such a treat for S day!
welcome..i know a few of use that are having a hard time decided to try and have 1 s each on S days..this way we still have the freedom and pretty much in line with what reinhard says in his book..

NoSnacker

Re: started Aug 21

Post by NoSnacker » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:55 am

Sweetness wrote:Hi everyone!

I started Aug 21, and am really enjoying this non diet diet!

About 5 years ago I lost 20 lbs on the Prism diet, kept it off for a few months, then gained it back over the next 4 years. Looking forward to staying on the no S diet and keeping it off this time. This diet is much more do-able. Prism was very restrictive with calorie counting, but I learned a lot about nutrition, so I'm grateful for it.
welcome and you will find No S gives you sanity...especially during the week. i know for me i can't have any snacks during the week even it they were planned and counted on other diets..just to binge at night...if i have no snacks and enough at each meal i'm okay..

Isaiah 40:8 "the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of God endures forever". I liked your scripture on your post!

deb

p.s. i'm 54, have 3 grown children, and 6 grandkids.

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

Re: started Aug 21

Post by Sweetness » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:54 pm

NoSnacker wrote: welcome and you will find No S gives you sanity...especially during the week. i know for me i can't have any snacks during the week even it they were planned and counted on other diets..just to binge at night...if i have no snacks and enough at each meal i'm okay..

Isaiah 40:8 "the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of God endures forever". I liked your scripture on your post!

deb

p.s. i'm 54, have 3 grown children, and 6 grandkids.
Deb, Thanks for the welcome! I like your scripture too. We are about the same age! young grandmas...

I have one thing that gives me trouble, and that's when I have an early evening meeting, which happens to me 2 or 3 times a week. Having to be somewhere by 5 or 6 and knowing I won't be back home till after 9. If I don't eat so much that I'm super stuffed, when I get home I want to snack, and I used to snack big time on those nights. I actually want to eat everything in sight. Should I overeat at dinner? Wish I could just have dinner at 6 or even 7, but I'm almost always at a meeting by then. Mondays I have to eat dinner at 4:15 to make it to healing rooms by 5. Wednesdays are more doable, don't have to leave till 6:50. Thursdays I have to leave at 5:30. Last night I had Toasmasters meeting at 5:30, then had to work from 9 to 10 PM (I do personal care, I was putting my client to bed.) My sons had a hot pizza on the table when I got home. I was so tempted to eat it, but they were so sweet and took it away from me and wouldn't let me cheat. I did eat a good size meal for dinner, but that was at 4:30. Anyway thanks for letting me vent, I'm welcome to suggestions but I don't really expect a solution to this, and yes, I do know I won't starve!!
Patty
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)

Anoulie

Post by Anoulie » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:22 pm

How about a having lunch (possibly even breakfast, too) later than usual? E. g. breakfast at 9 am, lunch at 3 pm and dinner whenever you get back from your meetings?

Or you could plate your dinner at 5, eat half, and then eat the other half when you get back.
No day but today.

Sweetness

Hmmm this is new to me...

Post by Sweetness » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:46 pm

Anoulie wrote:How about a having lunch (possibly even breakfast, too) later than usual? E. g. breakfast at 9 am, lunch at 3 pm and dinner whenever you get back from your meetings?

Or you could plate your dinner at 5, eat half, and then eat the other half when you get back.
Thanks, Anoulie,

The first suggestion won't work, but the second would, but can I do that and still abide by the rules? Plate my dinner and eat half, saving the rest for later? Is that in the book? First I heard of it, but I don't have the book yet.
Patty

NoSnacker

Re: Hmmm this is new to me...

Post by NoSnacker » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:44 pm

Sweetness wrote:
Anoulie wrote:How about a having lunch (possibly even breakfast, too) later than usual? E. g. breakfast at 9 am, lunch at 3 pm and dinner whenever you get back from your meetings?

Thanks, Anoulie,

The first suggestion won't work, but the second would, but can I do that and still abide by the rules? Plate my dinner and eat half, saving the rest for later? Is that in the book? First I heard of it, but I don't have the book yet.
I don't think that is in the book, but you have an awful crazy schedule. I know what you mean, when I go to my Bible study on Wednesday night we leave the house a little before 7:00pm so when I get home it is closer to 9:00 and I always feel, I should have something.

Oh, you could have juice when you get home or a glass of milk...I make an .5 cup OJ and .5 cup of club soda and a squirt of lime juice with 1 packet of splenda, you could leave the splenda out if you like..but that might work?

Will you be getting the book soon? If you have a kindle you can download it as well.

deb

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:28 am

NoSnacker wrote:
I don't think that is in the book, but you have an awful crazy schedule. I know what you mean, when I go to my Bible study on Wednesday night we leave the house a little before 7:00pm so when I get home it is closer to 9:00 and I always feel, I should have something.

Oh, you could have juice when you get home or a glass of milk...I make an .5 cup OJ and .5 cup of club soda and a squirt of lime juice with 1 packet of splenda, you could leave the splenda out if you like..but that might work?

Will you be getting the book soon? If you have a kindle you can download it as well.

deb
Deb, thanks! I am already having a banana or a half serving of yogurt or kefir with my supplements at bedtime, cause I can't swallow them with just water. Sometimes that has an opposite effect, it just gets me started and wanting to eat everything. This is the ONLY problem I have on N days, so I'm doing well. I just ordered the book today, it should be here in a few days. Tonight I made meat loaf, potatoes and broccoli, we ate dinner around 5:15, but that's a bit heavier food and I filled my plate, so I'm doing fine. Its 10 pm, I took my supplements with a banana, and I'm not tempted at all.

Patty
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:29 am

Sweetness wrote:Deb, thanks! I am already having a banana or a half serving of yogurt or kefir with my supplements at bedtime, cause I can't swallow them with just water....I just ordered the book today, it should be here in a few days. Tonight I made meat loaf, potatoes and broccoli, we ate dinner around 5:15, but that's a bit heavier food and I filled my plate, so I'm doing fine. Its 10 pm, I took my supplements with a banana, and I'm not tempted at all. Patty
This is great Patty..I know I find when I eat what I want and something like what you ate I feel satisfied longer. Oh ya I forgot you take supplements and need to take food with them...

Sounds like you did really well....

Can't wait until you get your book, you'll love it...and it is so helpful...

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:46 pm

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Mine starts today, nice 4 days in a row..