Do you eat the same meals everyday?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Bella75

Do you eat the same meals everyday?

Post by Bella75 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:01 am

If you do, what is you menu?
Start date: August 31, 2011
Pregnant

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:46 am

Breakfast is always 2 nutrigrain eggos or wheat toast ....with peanut butter and a banana and black coffee.
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:46 am

I like Variety! I like to do protien for breakfast though.
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2
72 lbs lost in 19 wks 5' 6.5" 31 years old BMI 23.1
counting bites go to: countyourbites . blogspot . com

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:37 am

I think I'd want to kill myself if I ate the same thing all the time. We try to eat somewhat seasonally, which mixes things up.

jellybeans01

Post by jellybeans01 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:45 am

I usually start everyday with the same breakfast. I have a bowl of good fiber cereal. For some reason it tends to set up my day better for me.

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:13 am

Yogurt and granola for breakfast. Salad and bread for lunch.

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:43 am

I eat pretty much the same foods, but when I crave pizza or Burger King I have those..

breakfast either oatmeal, or yogurt and fruit
lunch either salads, or sandwiches with fruit
dinner, varies, chicken, fish, veggies and some fruit

I try more crockpot dishes in the cooler months.
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8

Anoulie

Post by Anoulie » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:07 am

I usually have the same breakfast/dinner, but lunch is a warm meal and varies. Breakfast and dinner are usually a sandwich with lunch meat and a piece of fruit (note that my sandwiches look like this and not like this).
There's only us, there's only this
Forget regret, or life is yours to miss.
No other road, no other way,
No day but today.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:06 am

I don't always eat breakfast, but when I do, it's whole grain toast and fruit. If I'm especially hungry, I'll add an egg. Because I'm no longer working and because it works well for me, lunch is now my main meal. It's usually some kind of protein, starch and lots of vegetables. Dinner is usually soup, bread, and fruit. Sometimes there's a small salad or raw vegetables.

There are variations to that, but that's the "plan." I make my own bread and on bread-making days I often make pizza. Sometimes lunch or dinner is leftovers. Sometimes I'll make an omelet or frittata instead of my regular lunch or I'll have a vegetable plate. The most constant thing about my meal plan is that soup is a daily occurrence, even in the summer. I occasionally make cold soups, but make many of my soups in the slow cooker.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

kccc

Post by kccc » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:24 pm

I tend to eat the same breakfast for a while, then switch to something else and eat it for a while. Oatmeal and fruit; Greek yogurt and fruit.

Lunch is usually dinner-leftovers. Not always.

I have a family, so I cook dinner. I generally use a "pattern" for main dishes but try to mix up the actual entrees. We always add at least one vegetable (often 2) and a fruit to each lunch/dinner, and I add fruit to breakfast.

Pattern (with examples):
A bean dish - burritos, chili, black-bean soup, etc.
Pasta - spaghetti, tortellini, lasagna
A "meat" dish - sausages, steak, pork chops
A "fish" dish - salmon, sometimes other fish, tuna melts
A "fowl" dish - chicken (many ways) or turkey
Something else - cheese or egg-based usually (like quiche), or "seconds" on one of the above.

SkyKitty

Post by SkyKitty » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:57 pm

I have the same breakfast every day -

2 slices of toast with butter and jam/honey/peanut butter, a yogurt and a banana.

Lunches are often pasta bakes, cous cous with roasted veg, leftovers from dinner or a common default is cheese or ham sandwiches with some form of salad, tomatoes, cucumber etc.

Dinner varies a lot, although soup is quite common. I do like to cook and I do like to try new recipes.
When nothing goes right...go left.

Bella75

Post by Bella75 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:52 pm

Thanks for all the responses.

Sometimes it is so much easier for me to stick to my plan if I just rotate the same dishes for breakfast and lunch.

Breakfast: eggs and toast OR salmon and toast OR just plain ole oatbran
Lunch: chicken and veggies OR a BIG yogurt, fruit, and nut parfait (for days when cooking is not going to happen)
Start date: August 31, 2011
Pregnant

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:28 pm

Don't know how long you've been at this. Do what works for now. And don't be afraid to let it change as your body adjusts. I have relatively consistency in my proportions of foods at lunch and dinner. Breakfast can be starchy or egg-y. I don't freak if I can't have the perfect proportions at any one meal, but I do tend to have them most of the time. But it could be different in a year. What likely won't change is that it will be three or fewer meals a day on weekdays.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Hoeka

Post by Hoeka » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:34 pm

Breakfast generally is toast with something and a fruit.

Lunch is summer is either a wrap or pita bread with lots of veg and a bit of protein. Soup with a roll/bread in winter. Again, a piece of fruit.

I've found that if I stick to more or less the same foods every day for these two meals, I don't feel hungry: I guess it's a case of "Well, it took you from lunch to supper yesterday, so it will do the same today".

I try to have two chicken, two fish and two vegetarian meals during the week. Although, this is not really cast in stone: I tend to eat a lot more vegetarian in summer than I do in winter, which I'm happy with. I'll sometimes have a fruit with supper, depending on what I feel like.

I eat red meat once a week: Sunday is braai day in the Hoeka household (and no, no matter what the dictionary says, braai and a barbeque is not the same thing! :lol: )
Our bodies are our gardens to which our wills are gardeners - Shakespeare

bjalda

Post by bjalda » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:13 am

Hoeka wrote: I've found that if I stick to more or less the same foods every day for these two meals, I don't feel hungry: I guess it's a case of "Well, it took you from lunch to supper yesterday, so it will do the same today".
This suits me too. And also: I am a (poor poor)student and don't like to spend all my money on food, so I've found some "dietary defaults" which are low in costs but still very delicious and healthy.

My breakfast/lunch options are: Cereal with cranberries, porridge, bread/toast and some fruit

For dinner I'll have whatever my roommates eat. We usually cook together every evening. This varies very strongly and I hate not beeing able to chose what I want to eat, but seeing as I already have a "stable" breakfast and lunch I can cope with that.
Expectation exists when there is fear.
- Swami

sheepish

Post by sheepish » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:46 am

I like variety so, no, I don't eat the same things every day.

I do try to stick to a routine about timings of meals because I've noticed that not doing so tends to lead to snacking - I don't eat breakfast, eat lunch between 12 and 12-30 and dinner between 7 and 8. I also have a routine about quantities - I usually eat considerably less than a plateful for lunch (more like a bowlful) and a plateful for dinner.